Start date: July 6

sooneral87

I've been wanting to do this for about a year and am finally making myself commit. I always come up with "excuses" of why I won't be able to do it without cheating and that's lame. I'm ready to be healthier and feel better every day as well as make long-lasting good habits when it comes to food! 

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Count me in too. I started July 1st but after two days I let go because my plans changed and I went away for the weekend to celebrate my wedding day. Today I am ready for my 2nd W30. I did one last year August and I thought it was amazing and duable. Since than Paleo for most of the time. I wish you all a good start!

I started yesterday.  The first day was hard mentally.  Physically I felt fine.  But I love my snacks and sweets.  Just make sure to eat plenty during a meal.  I was not hungry between meal but definitely had lots of cravings.  Distracting yourself for abut 5mins really works.

I feel surprisingly well this morning.   Let's hope that continues.

Good luck everyone!!

I just began today as well. I'm sooooooo nervous...and excited...and scared...and bloated from all the water I'm drinking!  I read "It Starts with Food" and became slightly emotional because it described my struggles and gave me insight on what I've been going through with bad choices I've made previously. I'm really taking this hour-by-hour. Let's stay focused. Make it a great day folks. Thanks for this post! 

I started this morning. The thing I feel most afraid of is that I'm not that afraid.  I feel like I can do anything for 30 days ... even though I'm hopeful this is a lifestyle change ... for the rest of my life

I feel prepared.  I read the books, I cleaned out my pantry and fridge.  Also, I went sugar free June 1 so I'm praying that this might not be such a shock to my system.  Only time will tell.  I am, however, ready to continue to slay the sugar dragon.

I love the quote ... each day you maintain your commitment to the Whole30 puts you closer to the other side!  Good luck everyone!

Hi All!

I started the Whole 30 this morning with a black coffee and no sweetner. Wasn't bad. My sister just walked in saying, "Hey, there's cake!" So I have banished both her and the cake to the garden where they can fight it out without me.

Day 1 is always easy for me. Lot's of energy and positivity. Hopefully I can keep the momentum going through all 30 days. I shall miss red wine and chocolate but my digestive system probably won't.

Good luck everyone!

So glad to find this little thread! I'm "re-starting" my 2nd Whole30 today...I finished my first Whole30 in June and have been off-roading since. I did do some introductions and had a horrible reaction(s) to dairy products...even though I love them, my body hates them! I tried starting #2 again the other week but ran into some stressful medical news and had to throw in the towel (I know that's not an excuse, but...you do what you have to do).

So, I'm on to Day 1 today and so far my head is still not in it but I'm pushing forward. I've taken some time and realize that regardless of where I am and what's going on, I still need to push forward and make good decisions. There is a lot on the line in my life and I need to make sure my heart, mind and body is up for it and as well prepared as possible! I'm going to need some support this time...more than before, to keep me going...thanks for your help!

HI guys !!!!  I just started today and I'm so excited.  It's my first time doing Whole30 and feel really amped up, some of which is honestly nerves.  Whew did a big grocery shop yesterday at Target, who had a sale on post 4th of July meet thankfully.  Spent so much on groceries and cooked for what seemed like most of the day.  With my mon-thurs work schedule, weeknight cooking is really tough, so going to do a lot on the weekend.  

Also had my first cup of coffee with just coconut milk and that was a little rough but doable.  Breakfast is going to be tough.  Just ate some grilled chicken strips and apple!  Random!  would love to stay in touch as a July 6 group if anyone wants to do that here or on fb. 

Realized I'm going to need some cheerleaders, as some of my friends think i'm nuts so they are not all cheerleading shall we say!  What do you guys think?  

I can put up a July 6 Whole 30 fb group and we can encourage each other over there if that's easier!  Open to ideas!!!

Be encouraged, we CAN do this and it WILL be worth it!  Yay for day one!!!   :)  :)  :)

Crystal

Crystal, on my first Whole30, we had a thread like this and just "clicked to follow" at the top -- you get automatic updates and people can post their thoughts, frustrations, food logs, concerns, questions, etc...you name it! Worked out VERY well :) We got this!

Okay so I went ahead and started a July 6 Whole30 (closed) group on facebook if you guys want in.  I copied some language from another whole30 fb group in the opening post.  Thought it could be cool to just create some positivity and encouragement for anyone who could use it!   :)  :)  :)  :)  :)

HI guys !!!!  I just started today and I'm so excited.  It's my first time doing Whole30 and feel really amped up, some of which is honestly nerves.  Whew did a big grocery shop yesterday at Target, who had a sale on post 4th of July meet thankfully.  Spent so much on groceries and cooked for what seemed like most of the day.  With my mon-thurs work schedule, weeknight cooking is really tough, so going to do a lot on the weekend.  

Also had my first cup of coffee with just coconut milk and that was a little rough but doable.  Breakfast is going to be tough.  Just ate some grilled chicken strips and apple!  Random!  would love to stay in touch as a July 6 group if anyone wants to do that here or on fb. 

Realized I'm going to need some cheerleaders, as some of my friends think i'm nuts so they are not all cheerleading shall we say!  What do you guys think?  

I can put up a July 6 Whole 30 fb group and we can encourage each other over there if that's easier!  Open to ideas!!!

Be encouraged, we CAN do this and it WILL be worth it!  Yay for day one!!!   :)  :)  :)

Crystal

I think a new fb group would be great!  I have a friend at work doing it with me ... but more cheerleaders with more ideas would be great!!!  Also, three weeks in, I have to go to Disney World to pick up my daughter.  I thank God its a great place to eat allergen free ... I'm praying temptation doesn't get me ... see how cheerleaders will help me too?

I am also starting today!  Food is my love language.  I have no problem working out, but I swear, I am always hungry.  I think if I have enough healthy choices in my kitchen I'll be okay, but I'm afraid of what will happen on a day where I haven't done my meal prepping and am absolutely starving.  For me, that's when everything hits the fan.  I really, really want to stick with this and I hope you know that you are not alone in this!

I am also starting today!  Food is my love language.  I have no problem working out, but I swear, I am always hungry.  I think if I have enough healthy choices in my kitchen I'll be okay, but I'm afraid of what will happen on a day where I haven't done my meal prepping and am absolutely starving.  For me, that's when everything hits the fan.  I really, really want to stick with this and I hope you know that you are not alone in this!

I hear ya, Stephanie.  My plan for that is I have tried to throw out or move way out of sight, all the non-whole30 things in my fridge/pantry.  I"m going to stock up on approved cold cuts and pre-cooked chicken strips from Trader Joe's plus have some fruit around that I can just nosh on if I get hungry.  I know in my head those white flour carby-starchy-sugary things just didn't really do anything much nutritionally.

I'm amazed at how full I feel eating random chicken and an apple for breakfast!!! You got this, Stephanie, stay encouraged!!!! :D  :D  :D

Archived