Start date: July 6

sooneral87

I am also starting today!  Food is my love language.  I have no problem working out, but I swear, I am always hungry.  I think if I have enough healthy choices in my kitchen I'll be okay, but I'm afraid of what will happen on a day where I haven't done my meal prepping and am absolutely starving.  For me, that's when everything hits the fan.  I really, really want to stick with this and I hope you know that you are not alone in this!

I was always hungry too.  But so far yesterday and today (Day 2 for me) I haven't been truly hungry between meals.  I've had cravings for sure.  But distract yourself for about 5 mins and usually you will forget about the craving.  It has been working for me.  If that doesn't work, then you probably are actually hungry and can have a snack.  But make sure the snack is a protein and a fat.  Fruit is not supposed to be used for a snack!

Make sure you eat plenty of veggies and fat.  For me the protein part is easy.  And the veggie part isn't too bad.  But I need to make sure to eat enough fat because that's what keeps you from getting hungry between meals.

I hear ya, Stephanie.  My plan for that is I have tried to throw out or move way out of sight, all the non-whole30 things in my fridge/pantry.  I"m going to stock up on approved cold cuts and pre-cooked chicken strips from Trader Joe's plus have some fruit around that I can just nosh on if I get hungry.  I know in my head those white flour carby-starchy-sugary things just didn't really do anything much nutritionally.

I'm amazed at how full I feel eating random chicken and an apple for breakfast!!! You got this, Stephanie, stay encouraged!!!! :D  :D  :D

Chicken and an apple is not enough for a meal.  You really need to have 2-3 cups of veggies and a fat in there.  Don't be surprised if you end up starving by the end of the day.

Meal prep/planning is definitely key.  I know I had to kind of wing it yesterday since I hadn't gone grocery shopping yet.  Thankfully I had already cooked some sweet potatoes and beets and chicken that I could eat from breakfast.  I always have tomatoes, cucumbers, squash and zucchini on hand since they are in season right now.  I always have fruit around so I added some of that to my meal too.  But I restrict the fruit to only two meals a day.  So I made due with what I had.  My meals were far from exciting but I made it work.  

I plan on cooking a little extra at each meal so that I can use that for the next day or my post work out meal.

Good luck everyone!  

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I started today too! I've been pretty fit and "healthy" as an adult but the amount of chemical garbage I consume is starting to bother me (hello, 10 diet cokes a day!).  I've been planning for about a month and so excited the day is finally here!  Looking forward to hearing about everyone else's experiences and sharing my own!  Nice to 'meet' you all!

My twin sister and I just started today. I was a pescatarian until I started this project, I am both nervous and excited. I am hoping for more energy, glowing skin, and looser clothes. I have lots of support to give, and hope to get some support from you all... Had my first piece of bacon in about 25 years today... Sugar free and in line with the program of course!

I'm restarting today - Started July 1st and did so well up until yesterday...caved in to the food at a bridal shower. no more special events for the next 30 days!!

This is my 2nd whole30 - I did my first one in April and had great results - the best part is being able to sleep through the night. Good luck everyone!!

Hi everyone, I'm Michelle

I decided to join your group today! I've been wanting to for a while now, and I happened to be in compliance even though its afternoon. I thought for about an hour before i decided why not???

I have definitely gotten into some of my worst eating/exercise habits that I've ever had, (as an adult!) And I have several aches and pains that I cannot figure out! My biggest/worst habit i will have to overcome is daily alcohol use. I have quit several times for several days recently, so I know I can go without, I just don't! 

I'm hoping this group support will help!

Here's to a healthier us in 30 days!

Welcome, chelleyk! I too like my daily alcohol...helps to relieve my stress from work...will need to find a different way to get rid of the craziness now!

How is everyone doing today so far? I'm already starting to experience headache feelings...just have to remember to drink water and lots of it!

Wow, 

I just read your story!!! Great work! your selfies really do show a transformation. While I do know that there are many NSV as well, which I am excited about, I will be happy to see the inches, and my double chin disappear! I have started practicing  Yoga and pilates at home everyday on my lunch hour, so I am really hoping to feel better in my own skin also! Keep up the good work!!!

Started this morning!! Had a veggie frittata and a clementine for breakfast and shephard's pie with grapes and broccoli for lunch. Am craving a snack now, so I think I might have some sweet peppers with guacamole. I know we are not supposed to snack that much, but I am so used to an afternoon snack, Does anyone have any tips for not snacking? Or if I do need to snack, any suggestions for healthy snacks?

Good luck everyone, let's rock this!!

I hear ya, Stephanie.  My plan for that is I have tried to throw out or move way out of sight, all the non-whole30 things in my fridge/pantry.  I"m going to stock up on approved cold cuts and pre-cooked chicken strips from Trader Joe's plus have some fruit around that I can just nosh on if I get hungry.  I know in my head those white flour carby-starchy-sugary things just didn't really do anything much nutritionally.

I'm amazed at how full I feel eating random chicken and an apple for breakfast!!! You got this, Stephanie, stay encouraged!!!! :D  :D  :D

Thanks! I'm plan on doing some meal prepping today and tomorrow. I also loaded up on veggies to snack on.  Thanks for the encouragement, and I hope that you are able to hang in there as well!  Also, I think the Facebook group is a great idea :)

Hi everyone, I'm Michelle

I decided to join your group today! I've been wanting to for a while now, and I happened to be in compliance even though its afternoon. I thought for about an hour before i decided why not???

I have definitely gotten into some of my worst eating/exercise habits that I've ever had, (as an adult!) And I have several aches and pains that I cannot figure out! My biggest/worst habit i will have to overcome is daily alcohol use. I have quit several times for several days recently, so I know I can go without, I just don't! 

I'm hoping this group support will help!

Here's to a healthier us in 30 days!

Welcome!  So happy that you are doing this! Alcohol use is by far going to be the most difficult part for me as well.  I love unwinding with a glass of red wine at the end of the day, not to mention the fact that I have a mini-vacation and anniversary coming up! It'll probably be difficult at first, but I believe in you!

Hi everyone,

Day 1 went well, busy day with lots of distraction.

Breakfast egg ground beef casserole from the crockpot

Lunch mixed baby green, black tiger prawns, konjac noodles, dressing of lemon, ginger, oliveoil, cilantro, few drops of sesame oil

Diner salmon with dill and mustard, roasted veggies with capers, 1 apple

lots of tea and water. Miss my glass of white wine, but I'm fine.

I prepared a very tasty salad for the next few days -worklunch- 4 roasted beets, leftover grilled sardines from the BBQ, avocado, 2 leftover small potatoes, red onion, capers, vinegar, homemade compliant mayonaise, spices to combine with mixed greens

Good luck everyone! We can do this!

Today is my first day, and first time doing the Whole30.  I am having to watch my intake carefully because I am a nursing mom.  I do not want to not eat enough calories...  I feel good so far, and am super excited to see how my body responds.  This is by far the most restrictive elimination diet I have done.  I feel up to the challenge :)

Hey everyone! Whew! Looks like a long road ahead. I am on take 3. Have had a hard time prepping food in advance and find myself starving after workouts. Still trying to get into my groove.

I can relate to most of your comments. I appreciate having others to walk through this with. Let's do it!!!

If anyone is interested in joining the facebook group, I started one under:

July 6 Whole30

I plan on bugging y'all lovely peeps in both places, so will share the love all around!  I am just getting ready to eat my roasted broccoli and cauliflower, along with the Chicken Primavera from the Whole30 cookbook for dinner!!!!!  Woo hooo! 

Making all that blood sweat and tears yesterday with shopping and cooking so worth it!  Oh, and just think, this is the PERFECT time to do this because we can go to summer farmer's markets for amazing produce!!!!!!  It's the little things, right?   :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :D

Day 1 down and I can see that I am going to really have to plan better the night before. I made it through without any problems but I definitely need to stock some emergency protein that I can grab and run with.

The facebook group is a fantastic idea. Count me in!

Well done to everyone and see y'all tomorrow.

Today is my start date, July 6, 2015. I'm excited and looking forward to healthy eating. Also frightened--lifetime dieting and extremely overweight!

You got this, Today Scarlett. It's an amazing gift you are giving yourself and we can do this thing, one day a time, with a little help from each other!   :)

Welcome!  So happy that you are doing this! Alcohol use is by far going to be the most difficult part for me as well.  I love unwinding with a glass of red wine at the end of the day, not to mention the fact that I have a mini-vacation and anniversary coming up! It'll probably be difficult at first, but I believe in you!

Hi! Thanks for the warm welcome! I'm sure you will do well on your vacation and anniversary! I think its great that you didn't use it as an excuse to wait!!! 

Well today was not as bad as I was expecting. 

Breakfast: 4 egg whites and a handful of blackberries

Lunch: Tuna, 1/2 avocado

Snack: A few almonds

Dinner (will be): Baked wild salmon with a large side of veggies, and a bit of watermelon

Something I need to work on is according to an app I use to track my calorie intake (MyFitness Pal) I am not taking in enough calories. This has always been a struggle for me so I wasn't too surprised. So I definitely need to work on finding a happy balance.  Somehow, I wasn't starving or as tempted as I thought I would be today.  My sister ate dark chocolate covered fruit right in front of me (my favorite snack) and it didn't phase me like I thought it would. I think one of the things helping me to stay full is definitely all of the water I'm drinking. 

I hope everyone else had a successful first day as well!

Ugh it's nighttime here and this is when the munchies hit!!!!!  I keep eating whole30 stuff and hope it will calm down in future days!  Good news though -- no giving in so far.  Just shows me why being online accountable is going to be so key, don't know if others relate . . .

Breakfast gives me trouble since I really don't feel like cooking in the morning. Going to have to look up grab and go breakfast ideas . . .

If anyone is interested in the facebook group, to join you just search on: July 6 Whole30, and request to join the group.  It's a private group and since I don't have everyone's fb names, etc. I can't issues invites and this is the only way to join in it as far as I can tell.  

Great job everyone!!!!

Hi crystal,

I'm still not finding the group on FB. I put July 6 Whole30 in the search area and nothing comes up Is there another way to find it? I'd really love to join. It's night time here too and I'm struggling with not having a fruit snack I need to hit the sack and fall asleep quick!

Archived