Start date: July 6

sooneral87

• Moderators

I discovered that carrot ginger dressing has sugar. Looking for a recipe

so I can make my own.

Try this zingy ginger dressing:

http://theclothesmakethegirl.com/2014/10/20/zingy-ginger-dressing/ (also, that site has a ton of other recipes, almost all whole30 compliant, and if you look under the Paleo 101 section, she has tips for doing a weekly cookup and how much food to buy and other helpful stuff)

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Day 2 for me, how is everyone else doing? Breakfast was ground pork, egg, spinach scramble, 1/2 avocado, and sweet potato and zucchini hash. Lunch will be leftover stuffed peppers. Dinner will be roast beef (in the crockpot now) and I haven't decided on a veg yet. Maybe sautéed cabbage.

I have a long day out of the house tomorrow with no way to heat my food. I want to make some sweet potatoes that will taste good cold. Maybe roasted??? I know from past experience that cold mashed sweet potatoes are pretty yucky to me.

Good luck today, and don't forget to check in here!

Dem, that breakfast sounds amazing!!!

Things are going good over here -- on to Day 3! I am feeling rather sluggish...I was super headachy yesterday and took a nap in my car at lunch. Then went to bed early last night! Today, things are better - I do have to go out for dinner tonight with my step-mom, so we chose a gluten free restaurant and I already picked out what I'm going to have!

I think lots of people are posting on the Facebook group, but I can't do that during work as it's not an "approved" website unless I go in on my phone...this is easier for me to use and update.

Hope others will check in here too!

HI Everyone! I started July 6th while traveling. NIGHTMARE!!! But I am home now and logged into this forum. Day three. I did a Whole30 back in 2013 for about 60 days, only reintroduced maple syrup for about 9 months and then the wheels fell off in a way I could never have imagined. So here I am. I jet lagged today and need to fill my fridge fast. I am so glad that you are all here. The withdrawal headache is something else right now. Yikes. I am going to stick this out!

Me too. I'm starting July 6 as well. I'm excited and a little nervous. I suffer from severe migraines and I'm hopeful I will get some relief from them.

Hey, good day to you!

Migraine sufferer too! UGH!!! Day 2 = WORST MIGRAINE OF MY LIFE!

Day 3 ... feeling like I'm in a fog ... but I'm committed ... staying strong and focused on eating clean.

Good luck. =:)

Hope your day's are better!

HI Everyone! I started July 6th while traveling. NIGHTMARE!!! But I am home now and logged into this forum. Day three. I did a Whole30 back in 2013 for about 60 days, only reintroduced maple syrup for about 9 months and then the wheels fell off in a way I could never have imagined. So here I am. I jet lagged today and need to fill my fridge fast. I am so glad that you are all here. The withdrawal headache is something else right now. Yikes. I am going to stick this out!

Good luck to you!

We share the same start date ... stay strong!

My day2 screaming migraine has settled down into a day3 dull, sugar-dragon fog.

I need to remember the pain ... sugar is such a bad dude for me!

Are including at least a fist sized serving of starchy veg per day? Are you eating enough fat? Drinking at least half an ounce of water per pound of body fat?

Happy day to you!

Your signature words are strong ... love them!

I just realized I have my blood glucose test tomorrow! Usually it involves ingesting a really sugary drink and then having my blood sugar tested. Ugh! I cannot believe I forgot about that! So, I know what I should do is keep going and extend my 30 days to 33 days, but part of me is so tempted to just start over the day after tomorrow. Which, in all likelihood, will not happen.

• Moderators

I just realized I have my blood glucose test tomorrow! Usually it involves ingesting a really sugary drink and then having my blood sugar tested. Ugh! I cannot believe I forgot about that! So, I know what I should do is keep going and extend my 30 days to 33 days, but part of me is so tempted to just start over the day after tomorrow. Which, in all likelihood, will not happen.

To me, this falls under the "doctor's order trump Whole30" exception -- if you have to do the test because the doctor says so, you're not really breaking your W30. 

I feel like I need to record this pain so that when this is all over and I want to eat a bucket of caramel popcorn I can remember what the withdrawals were like! I keep trying to get up and do stuff (unpack, meal prep, etc) and I end up wobbly. I have been in my gym close since six a.m. with the intention of going. Hahahahahaha. I tend to be really sarcastic and try to laugh through everything so that I don't cry and give up! Anyways, I will press on.

Hi everyone!

Wondering what everyone dies for pre and post workout mini meals. I'm having a hard time with this especially since my usual protein shakes are out of the question.

Also, I despise olives which sucks because it seems like that's one of snack staples.

Any feed back would be great!

• Moderators

Hi everyone!

Wondering what everyone dies for pre and post workout mini meals. I'm having a hard time with this especially since my usual protein shakes are out of the question.

Also, I despise olives which sucks because it seems like that's one of snack staples.

Any feed back would be great!

The meal template lays out the basics. Pre-wo, protein & fat -- a hardboiled egg would work. Post workout -- lean protein and starchy vegetable --  chicken breast and sweet potato is one example.

You shouldn't really be snacking. Once you get your meals figured out, they should keep you satisfied 4-5 hours so you shouldn't need anything between meals, and if you do need something between meals, you should have a mini meal of protein, fat, and vegetables. So olives shouldn't really be a snack, but they are an acceptable fat source. There are plenty of fat sources other than olives, you can totally live without them. I rarely eat them, although I did finally find a variety I like -- castelvatrano olives. They're milder tasting than other varieties I've tried. I still don't eat them much, but it's nice to have some in the fridge that I don't mind eating in case I need to grab something to add to a meal in a hurry.

Other than olives, fat sources include avocado and all forms of coconut (flakes, milk, oil), nuts & seeds (although these should be used sparingly), and a variety of oils and cooking fats. You can make mayo or other sauces, or you can just drizzle oil over your vegetables or meat -- olive oil is usually used for this, but sesame oil can be nice, and there's also avocado oil or macadamia nut oil. You can also find infused oils -- I found a lemon infused olive oil at the grocery store that is really nice, I've put it on just about everything because I just really like the flavor.

Hello everyone! I've been logging into the FB page mostly which is helpful and we can share images for motivation and recipes. I'm on day 3 and it's been going pretty smooth for me. I've experienced headaches in th morning and sometimes sluggish at times in the day. My food dishes have been awesome and all the recipes and food I've eaten has filled me up and is delicious! Hope everyone stays strong!!

Thank you Shannon!

I made a lot of food at dinner tonight but now I am happy because I have leftovers. I made a beef roast in the crockpot and threw in some frozen broccoli for the last 1/2 hour or so. My hubby looooves broccoli cooked that way, so it's a win-win! I roasted 2 sweet potatoes so I'll have some starchy vegs tomorrow. Also made a big salad of cabbage, apple, carrot, curry, cilantro, drenched in a lime garlic olive oil dressing. I ate some pecans for my fat. Hopefully I'll have plenty of food for my long day out tomorrow.

Hello everyone! I've been logging into the FB page mostly which is helpful and we can share images for motivation and recipes. I'm on day 3 and it's been going pretty smooth for me. I've experienced headaches in th morning and sometimes sluggish at times in the day. My food dishes have been awesome and all the recipes and food I've eaten has filled me up and is delicious! Hope everyone stays strong!!

Fruit when eaten in the morning can often cause sluggishness later in the day - maybe something to consider...

For the headaches ensure you are drinking at least half an ounce of water per pound of body weight.

HI gang!!!!!!  If anyone is interested in the facebook group please feel free to come on over and join at:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1486575254967501/

I am so feeling great here on Day 4!  I need to still figure how to cook this much stuff on my crazy busy work schedule.  Have been eating out some and getting approved premade stuff.  Planning on cooking a bunch starting tonight.

!!!!  

No headaches, sluggishness, etc. so far and not sure why!  Stay encouraged everyone who is getting these -- this is all going to be so worth it in the end.  

I have spent sooooooo much on food, finding all this prep tedious but really I am a big picture person and am so enjoying how free I feel when it comes to food, doesn't feel like an emotion drug anymore to me and that feel AMAZING!!!!!!!

Drank my first cup of black coffee last night -- soooo incredible, on of the many things I had told myself before this that I just "couldn't do."  AFter this week going to start training for a 5K for Colon Cancer awareness in the spring in honor of my father who passed from this.  For me this is about so much more than "skinny-ness" and so much about transforming life by starting with the body.  Hope this is encouraging to others!!!  

We can so do this together -- we got this gang!!!!!  Keep being brave and strong!!!!!  

I started on July 7, but this forum is the closest thread.

This is my second attempt. I made it last month to Day 27; I was so close but just couldn't hold out. This round is actually going to be a Whole56 for me, as I'm aiming for eight weeks following the guidelines as I participate in a weight loss challenge with some friends. The biggest one, even harder than the food, is going to be trying to portion out my servings correctly. If I can get that to click, I (hopefully) will be good to go!

Coleen are you talking about eating too much or little?  I think it's way easier to under eat than over eat especially when you are talking about only eating 3X per day.  I eat A LOT at my meals so that I am not hungry between.  My challenge this time is staying away from the Larabars and bananas and almond butter lol.  Those were a disaster last time and once I was done, I became a sugar monster and couldn't stop.  That was never my problem before and I really think it was because I fed it last time.  Stick with it! It'll feel so good to finish!

Coleen are you talking about eating too much or little?  I think it's way easier to under eat than over eat especially when you are talking about only eating 3X per day.  I eat A LOT at my meals so that I am not hungry between.  My challenge this time is staying away from the Larabars and bananas and almond butter lol.  Those were a disaster last time and once I was done, I became a sugar monster and couldn't stop.  That was never my problem before and I really think it was because I fed it last time.  Stick with it! It'll feel so good to finish!

I think I'm overeating, especially the bad stuff like nuts. And I have to get myself to quit snacking! I keep forgetting that part, ugh. Come on, me!

So it's day four. I am so happy not to have a headache today. My biggest challenge with Whole30 is snacking. I am a grazer. I love to snack. I like to eat all day everyday. Having the discipline to sit down and eat three big meals is really where I am just UGH. But I am doing it and it is working alright. I am coming to terms with the fact that I just like to eat eat eat and that is where I have some serious issues. These issues might go beyond the perimeters of the Whole30. Anyways, this is a great day to be freed of the bondage of a pounding headache. I had a great workout this morning and all is right in the world.

Four days. Yesterday my boss asked to go on an extended lunch to discuss various issues. There I was standing in line at Panera having an inner panic attack. I had my own lunch but the request was so quick I couldn't retrieve it. But I did it. I had the strawberry chicken salad with no dressing. The turkey avocado sandwhich...no bread and only the veggies and turkey (no sauce and I actually don't eat red meat). And an apple. The sugar dragon tried to win. But my day wasn't over. My VP announced he's leaving (my boss's boss). You see, MY boss has been here for 2 weeks. He's my third supervisor in my third year. (We won't talk about that issue - let's stay on topic with the food!) With that announcement I really wanted to eat anything that would make me "feel" better. I needed it. I wanted it. I craved it. And then I thought about my commitment. I came home and had fish and veggies. I ate 3 grapes to satisfy that sugar urge, but I didn't over indulge. To you it may seem stupid. But yesterday I got emotional as I realized how much of an emotional eater I've become. But I won. And I REALLY want to win again. The stress isn't going to get any easier, but I made it through day 4. I made it. I'm a winner. I'll carry on....and so will you. We've got this. I need you all!  

Four days. Yesterday my boss asked to go on an extended lunch to discuss various issues. There I was standing in line at Panera having an inner panic attack. I had my own lunch but the request was so quick I couldn't retrieve it. But I did it. I had the strawberry chicken salad with no dressing. The turkey avocado sandwhich...no bread and only the veggies and turkey (no sauce and I actually don't eat red meat). And an apple. The sugar dragon tried to win. But my day wasn't over. My VP announced he's leaving (my boss's boss). You see, MY boss has been here for 2 weeks. He's my third supervisor in my third year. (We won't talk about that issue - let's stay on topic with the food!) With that announcement I really wanted to eat anything that would make me "feel" better. I needed it. I wanted it. I craved it. And then I thought about my commitment. I came home and had fish and veggies. I ate 3 grapes to satisfy that sugar urge, but I didn't over indulge. To you it may seem stupid. But yesterday I got emotional as I realized how much of an emotional eater I've become. But I won. And I REALLY want to win again. The stress isn't going to get any easier, but I made it through day 4. I made it. I'm a winner. I'll carry on....and so will you. We've got this. I need you all!  

You are my hero

Kudoos for you! This is the spirit and you will get back so much for it. Energy and selfesteem, you're a fighter you are.

My days are a turmoil due too work stress. Anyway I am still doing OK. Taking emergency kits with eggs or a handful of nuts to help me if I late for dinner. Yesterday we came home late after work and gym. So I mix my compliant pulled pork from the crockpot with cauliflower rice and spices and it looked disgusting it tasted delicious and comforting. Sorry guys I finished it before I could take a picture!

This morning the same dish for breakfast - lunch chicken avocado green leaves. Dinner is a challenge - eating out with friends in a Libanese restaurant. I can do it leave the breads, houmous, falaffel and other stuff. I can eat the fish and meat and roasted veggies and eggplant!

A good day to you all!

Archived