Really starting this time

sarahsundae

Sometime in July I stumbled across Whole30 and was super excited about it. I was going to do it. I was going to get rid of the sugar cravings, I was going to drop the 30 pounds I gained over the past year (that is a lot of weight isn't it?) and I was going to get back to running again.

It didn't happen.

Last night on Facebook I remembered I had liked the Whole9 and promptly downloaded ISWF for my Kindle. I'm hooked. I need to do this for ME and my future children (after trying for 3 months to get pregnant and no luck, I think this could help). Plus I have chronic back issues that I hope with subside with eating better.

I will miss my daily yogurts, but I think I'll be alright.

I mentioned before I lost over 100 pounds on Weight Watchers and I'm always going to compare everything to Weight Watchers, but I know it's good to change things up.

I'm going to start on Sunday as we have a wedding to go to tomorrow and I don't think it would be a good idea to try to start tomorrow, but I'm looking forward to new beginnings!!

Best of luck-I,too lost a lot of weight-90 lbs- on WW. This is by far a more sensible program, for me, anyway.It's been great-I am on day 22 and have really enjoyed it. i feel great and am sleeping so much better than I was before.

Enjoy the wedding-then dive in !!!

I know all about the "it didn't happen". In April, about a month into my slide, I knew I needed to refocus, but my schedule is brutal in April/May. So June. I was back to it when I injured my arm and while the docs couldn't figure it out, I ate like a teenager training for the Olympics. So, September rolled around and it was time.

Stick to what the book teaches and you'll do great. In less than a week, I feel much better and the cravings are much less intense.

Good luck.

The thing I love about this plan and Paleo is that it just makes sense. I can look at a recipe and know if I can eat it or change it to fit (i.e. many recipes call for sugar and I simply leave it out. Never know the difference). I also feel like I can eat this way the rest of my life. yes i will have treat meals (after the whole30) and will have some of the forbidden foods again, I'd be lying if I said I wouldn't. But I have them far less and desire them far less now than I did before starting Paleo. Today is my first day of Whole30 (need to purge my system after a two week trip to Ireland and LOTS of Guinness) but I've been eating Paleo for 1 1/2 years. With weight watchers, I almost dreaded meal-time as I don't like anything low-fat or no-fat. Most of the recipes were okay but not overly satisfying for me. So I guess I kind of took it like many do, as a diet and as soon as I reached goal, I started letting go.

Also, I don't feel food-guilty with this meal plan. If I have a treat meal or meals, I go right back to eating Paleo. I could NEVER do that before! I'd have excuses lined up as to why I should give up.

I think you will find this to be much better than Weight Watchers. Good Luck!

Archived