Help with 'tastings'!

Rick_J

So I am on day 8, feeling great and doing great...barely feel tempted. However, I will soon be starting a new job as a bartender, and know that I need to make some specialty cocktails and as part of my training I will need to taste them..is just the tiniest little sip of my cocktail creations going to ruin my 30 days? I may also need to try some sake for sake training.

Any help is much appreciated!

um, I actually have no idea what the official word on this is. My first thought would be, can you swish and spit? My second thought would be JUST SAY NO to gluten containing alcohols. no amount of this is okay.

However, we are not going to tell you to not go to work. If you can't do the above, maybe you should postpone your 30 until after training's over?

um, I actually have no idea what the official word on this is. My first thought would be, can you swish and spit? My second thought would be JUST SAY NO to gluten containing alcohols. no amount of this is okay.

However, we are not going to tell you to not go to work. If you can't do the above, maybe you should postpone your 30 until after training's over?

Thanks Renee, unfortunately I think you may be right and I am going to have to postpone my 30 days until after the training. Really sucks too...I am on day nine and feeling phenomenal, like nothing can stop me at this point. Hopefully when I actually start training I can find a way out of it, but it seems highly improbable. I am going to have to taste sake, cocktails and the food for my training. Oh well, at least I can be happy with this knowledge of knowing how good eating this way makes me feel.

You may have to do an "official" Whole30 at a later date, but you can keep doing everything else Whole30 compliant with the exception of those tastes that are work related. It seems to me it would be very good practice to stay compliant and continue to adapt to eating this way, even if you won't get the full benefit just yet.

Good luck to you now and for your official Whole30!

Archived