Starting July 13th

Nickiechan

Hello Everyone,

I'm tired of 'resetting'. This is my second go around and I'm finding it hard to keep focus and keep motivated the second time around. I think it has to do with not being afraid to restart. This weekend my husband and I are celebrating our joint 30th Birthday party (I don't turn 30 until August, but we are doing a joint party). After that I want to do a WHOLE 30 days and I need support. Anyone else with me? 

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Nickie,

I'll join you-although I'll be two days behind, and starting on the 15th. The advice to plan is great! I also followed the Whole30 before - two years ago, and for me, the issue was that I 'mostly' followed it and that isn't good enough and I really know I have to concentrate on the reintroduction period so that I can get a handle on which foods aren't as beneficial for me - or add to cravings. Good luck.

Hi all,

I'm with you too! I did my first whole 30 in February to drop some weight for a holiday and realised along the way how much better it made me feel. Unfortunately, over the holiday I threw myself straight into piles of cheesy pasta and cocktails so my eating habits went straight back to normal.

This time, I'm doing the Whole 30 for better sleep, stable energy and a stable mood. I'm coming back from holiday on Friday, meal planning and prepping at the weekend to begin on Monday. Last time around I lurked on the forums so this time I'd love to participate and share experiences, meals and get some moderator feedback on whether my meals are 'optimal'.

Good luck everybody! What are you all doing to get prepared?

Hello there!

This is my first time to complete a Whole30 and I plan to start July 13. I am reading the book now and gearing up for my shopping and prep days this weekend. I plan on following 100% but will definitely need to be held accountable! 

Casey

I'm starting July 13 as well.  This will be my first time doing the Whole30, but I've read through the book and done lots of reasearch, so I think I'm ready.  My biggest obstacle will be I'm the only one in the house doing it and I live with 2 picky eaters, but I'll be cooking Whole30 dinners that I think everyone should enjoy, maybe making a couple variations for them, but it'll still be a challenge, so I'll need all the support I can get!

Robin

Me too! I intended to start on the 1st, but have yet to actually be compliant. We also have a wedding and my daughter's birthday party this weekend, so I decided Monday it is. No more excuses! This isn't my first time to start one, but the other two times, I made it about 3 weeks and then starting going off plan, generally with sugar. I want to actually finish one and get that tiger blood and see if I can finally be in control of my sugar dragon. I'm sure I can do it with the help of you fine folks!

Hi there!

My husband and I will start on July 13 too and this will be our first Whole30. Our son won't be doing it because we want to try and see how it goes before changing his habits. He'll eat like us when he's at home but he'll be free to have bread or crackers if he asks and he'll eat as usual when he's away. Although he may surprise us and be the one to breeze through the month. He's thrilled about the possibility of a salted breakfast and he said he wants tuna on monday morning. :blink: I'm not so excited about it nor is my husband. I'm a milk-and-cookies person and he usually has only a cup of coffee. Let's hope for the best.

So, I'll be the first one off being that I'm in Italy? :) Or there's someone further east?

Hey l84ad8!

It does sound like you are the first off. I am glad you are doing this the same time as me. My husband is the only other in our home and he could not commit to give up milk or beer (HA!) However, he will be eating the dinners as I prepare them, or he will make himself a PB & J ;) I am in Texas! 

Casey

Hi - I am starting on July 13 too.  This is my first time; just got The Whole 30 book so reading through and getting ready.  Will also be starting the Advanced Whole Life Challenge on July 18; I think this will add some additional support.  I am pretty much doing this on my own - husband is not interested and due to travel/work schedule I don't have a lot of friends close by so am reaching out to this community for support.

Good luck everyone!

• Administrators

In Italian the word that is usually used to describe 'savoury' food directly translates as 'salted' or 'salty'!

Oh!  That's kind of what I thought.  Love that term for a non-sweet breakfast!  We should all be Whole30'ing with salted breakfasts!  :)

Curious, what is a "salted breakfast"?

In Italian the word that is usually used to describe 'savoury' food directly translates as 'salted' or 'salty'!

Yes, it's like Jenny said! I didn't know how to traslate it and 'savoury' to me sounds too much like 'saporito' that in Italy means 'tasty' so I figured it couldn't be the right term. It was. :rolleyes:  (Please, if I say something weird or plain hilarious warn me...and feel free to laugh your heads off! :D )

Here in Italy we don't have salted breakfasts ( ;) ). If you stay at the hotel you may find eggs, ham or cheese too at the breakfast buffet but on a day-to-day basis we have milk, coffee or tea with cookies or brioches or bread with different toppings but it's always something sweet.

That leads me to a conversation I had with hubby yesterday that tells me I'm a very, very bad person (I shouldn't have laughed as hard as I did)... and that he'll cheat. He's doing the whole30 without knowing exactly what it is because he's healthist (he say so) and cause he "trust me". Yeah, I know, that's the perfect excuse to skip reading the book and getting only a summary from me! <_< Anyhow, yesterday I was updating him on my new findings like how many eggs is a serving made of and other practical information and than the converation went like that:

H: "I think it [the whole30] won't be hard, you know? I'm ready to roll! On monday I'll have a omelette with my usual coffee and I'll imagine we are at my aunt's in Germany. It will be ok"

Me: "That's good! What do you want in your omelette? Ham? Spinach? Olives?"

H: "Nothing fancy. The usual" (That would be a plain omelette)

Me: "Ehm...you can't have dairy so no milk and no Grana"

H: "Oh. Bummer. Well, I'll have a insipid omelette and my coffee"

Me: "Do you want me to go buy coconut milk or almond milk for the coffee?"

H: "No, I'll have my usual coffee"

Me: "Remember, you can't have sugar"

H (with a superior look): "I won't! You know I use fructose! That's fruit!"

Me: "That's most surely is not!"

H: "Ok! Ok! Well, I can have honey."

Me: "No you can't."

H: "Why not? I'll ask your mom for a little of her stevia."

Me: "No stevia too."

H: "WHAT?!?!? Are they crazy?? How do they think I can do it for a month?!?!? How am I going to sweeten my coffee?"

Me: "...fruit juice?"

LOL! That's going to be a very funny experience!

So, I'll stop this endless post. But I want to say hello to Peggy6, LaurieAnn and Julie, our new entry! The group is getting bigger! That's awsome! We'll have a wonderful support team!

X Casey: I had to seach PB&J but...peanut butter with jam?? Oh my! It's that actually good?? :D

• Administrators

i84ad8, I love getting a perspective from across the globe! No worries on being laughed at though, I'm sure there are a lot of things that we do here that you folk think is nuts too! :D

Archived