VERY UPSET stomach

Hi,

I completed my whole30 a week ago, felt great started reintroductions and have not completed it very well....I didn't do it at all. Lesson learned. My question is.....I had urgent, can't leave the house bathroom issues everyday while on the whole30. Is this normal?? I did try digestive enzymes but not consistently.  I have had a few treats and my bathrooms issues have slowed and are much better. Today I have a carb hangover and I feel like crap from poor emotional eating yesterday. I know where I went wrong and my sugar dragon is breathing down my neck. I think I needed more, Whole 45 or whole60. I started again today to get back whole30 compliant however I am dreading the urgency that came along with my whole30.

• Administrators

Hi Karyn, sorry you weren't/aren't feeling well.  Did you want to post a couple days of your typical consumption (during the time that you had the urgent bathroom issues) including portions and timing as well as fluids, stress, sleep and exercise?  Something might stand out that we could help you with.

Breakfast

Sweet potato hash, mushrooms, peppers and 2 eggs, coffee with coconut milk- Still eating this everyday! LOVE IT!

Lunch

Usually a salad with tomatoes, peppers and chicken 2 palm sized 1/2 an avocado balsamic dressing homemade OR

taco salad salad, lettuce, tomatoes, pappers, ground beef seasoned 1/2 avocado hot sauce or left over dinner

Always fruit 1 piece

Dinner was always protein 2 palm sized and veggies, grilled asparagus, roasted cauliflower, sauteed mix veg.....beets,or  baked potato with ghee.

some nights I would have fruit and a few pistachios before bed if I grumbly tummy. not whole30 approved but not non compliant.

I lost 11lbs felt my hormones balance period wise, felt light, clear and great.

I added back some cheese and a few dates in my homemade coffee creamer (coconut milk vanilla bean, cinnamon and nutmeg.

Then had some bread- no real reaction until I overloaded yesterday. I seriously feel like day 4-5 of whole30....but hungover instead.

I do struggle with water. I should have 99oz but usually run about 64oz maybe a bit more. I also drink nestle purlife sparkling water raspberry lime. No sugar just water & natural flavour. Life hasn't been any more stressful than normal, manageable most days.....yesterday was probably related to my eating the days before. Feeling bad for slipping off track.

• Administrators

Breakfast

Sweet potato hash, mushrooms, peppers and 2 eggs, coffee with coconut milk- Still eating this everyday! LOVE IT!

Lunch

Usually a salad with tomatoes, peppers and chicken 2 palm sized 1/2 an avocado balsamic dressing homemade OR

taco salad salad, lettuce, tomatoes, pappers, ground beef seasoned 1/2 avocado hot sauce or left over dinner

Always fruit 1 piece

Dinner was always protein 2 palm sized and veggies, grilled asparagus, roasted cauliflower, sauteed mix veg.....beets,or  baked potato with ghee.

some nights I would have fruit and a few pistachios before bed if I grumbly tummy. not whole30 approved but not non compliant.

I lost 11lbs felt my hormones balance period wise, felt light, clear and great.

I added back some cheese and a few dates in my homemade coffee creamer (coconut milk vanilla bean, cinnamon and nutmeg.

Then had some bread- no real reaction until I overloaded yesterday. I seriously feel like day 4-5 of whole30....but hungover instead.

Did you have these bathroom issues prior to Whole30?  I've bolded items that are notorious for causing digestive issues, especially if all of a sudden you wildly increase the amount you are having.  You might want to scale these items back and then test them separately.  For me, green bell peppers are the devil but the other colors are totally fine.  

Did you have these bathroom issues every single day?  Could you have had a stomach bug at the time?

I ate the same amount of peppers prior to the W30 and no stomach issues before hand. It lasted at least 27 of the 30 days. The first 3 days I think my body was adjusting.  But I will give it a try. I do not have a gallbladder! fun factoid!

I live off cauliflower, my hubby is a produce grower, of broccoli & cauliflower. I eat it religiously and it's never caused a problem!  Plus it's cheap and fresh outside my door!

Coconut milk is really the only new item in my diet......could you imagine if that's what is causing my grief!

• Administrators

Oh, lucky you, I would love to have a cauliflower farm right outside the door!

Did you remove or reduce coconut products from your diet when you concluded your Whole30?  I would try cutting it out/back.  Does your coconut milk have guar gum in it? This member had a serious digestive issue with the guar gum in her coconut milk: http://forum.whole9life.com/topic/26274-guar-gum/?p=276691

No but I am going to cut it out now! I restarted today DAY1. Black tea in the morning is my new plan! Thank you so much for your help! I hope it's as simple as removing the coconut products. I do make my own coconut milk so no gar gum in it!

If you have any other tips regarding my meals I would accept them with open arms.

• Administrators

No but I am going to cut it out now! I restarted today DAY1. Black tea in the morning is my new plan! Thank you so much for your help! I hope it's as simple as removing the coconut products. I do make my own coconut milk so no gar gum in it!

If you have any other tips regarding my meals I would accept them with open arms.

Let us know how it goes!

If you are feeling fine and this tells me you are: I lost 11lbs felt my hormones balance period wise, felt light, clear and great then I would say you are on the right track.  If you do find yourself snacky/hungry/rumbly tummy though, have a mini meal of at least protein and fat but ideally also veggies.  Just fruit or fruit and nuts/nut butters is not going to do anything for you, especially right before you go to bed.  Then, the next day, bump up your meals a bit so that you don't get that hungry feeling between them.

Are you eating breakfast within an hour of waking? Sometimes night hunger/cravings can be a hormone balance issue and the best way to deal with that is to eat breakie within an hour of waking, meals 4-5 hours apart and then stop eating after dinner.  :)

Are you eating breakfast within an hour of waking? Sometimes night hunger/cravings can be a hormone balance issue and the best way to deal with that is to eat breakie within an hour of waking, meals 4-5 hours apart and then stop eating after dinner.   :)

Yes I try. It might be close to the hour mark my I now make a special effort to get it done! This round of my W30 I am going to not eat after dinner.

Thanks again!

Archived