Starting This Morning

BethannM

I never--in my life--felt better than toward the end of my first Whole30. I have restarted several times, only to get part way in and cheat myself right back out. I've been eating mostly paleo since my first Whole30 a little over a year ago, but haven't been totally faithful to that lifestyle. In the last few weeks, I've gotten sloppier and sloppier and just finished a bowl of Lucky Charms with store bought milk. (WHATWASITHINKING? Oh my aching gut! Oh my aching head!)

That was my final straw. I injured my sacroileac (sp?) a few weeks ago and have been having horrible sciatic pain and numbness. I've seen an MD, fired him, and am now seeing a chiropractor and am having some miraculous healing. Or was. I got back into sugar. SUGAR, I HATE YOU. Twisted my leg all up in the paddock fence (because pain-free does not automatically equal restored range of motion when you're talking nerve damage and several weeks of unused atrophied muscle) at the same time I had given in big time to the sugar demons and guess what? I'm still hurting.

It's just TIME. My physical body does best on a strict paleo diet. Most people's do, but i've got some food sensitivities/intolerances/whatever-you-want-to-call-them that really wreak havoc with me. I can't be the best me when I don't eat the way my particular body was created to eat. Time to kick the poison out of the diet again.

In fact, I'm up writing this because I can't sleep, and i think that's because of dairy and sugar. So what did I do? I ate more dairy and sugar. NO MORE.

Morning will come, and with it, my Whole30. Hi, gang. I'm back!

I got to that same point - I was eating mostly paleo, but mixed in some junk stuff that I really should not have been eating - including cereal! I'm only a few days in. Look forward to reading your updates :)

Archived