Almond milk

brittglass

Sorry no - I've highlighted the off plan ingredients for you below:

INGREDIENTS:ALMONDMILK (FILTERED WATER, ALMONDS), EVAPORATED CANE JUICE, CALCIUM CARBONATE, SEA SALT, POTASSIUM CITRATE, CARRAGEENAN, SUNFLOWER LECITHIN, VITAMIN A PALMITATE, VITAMIN D2, D-ALPHA-TOCOPHEROL (NATURAL VITAMIN E).

I've never made it myself but I believe it's easy enough - just water, almonds & a blender then strain (about 1 part nuts - soaked overnight - to 3 or 4 parts water depending on the consistency you're after) Some people also add cinnamon.

Is this for drinking? Or just for adding to coffee?

Guest Andria

Take a look at this guide: http://whole30.com/downloads/whole30-sugar.pdf It may have been an oversight on you part, but you stated this almond milk did not have sugar, but it is clearly included in the ingredient list.  

These are the additives you want to avoid:  http://whole30.com/downloads/additives.pdf

If you haven't reviewed the program, please poke around on www.Whole30.com.  You will find all the information you need to complete a successful Whole30.

• 3 weeks later...

Almondmilk (filtered water, almonds), tricalcium phosphate, sea salt, gellan gum, dipotassium phosphate, xanthan gum, sunflower lecithin, vitamin A palmitate, vitamin D2, vitamin E.

I don't see any of these listed on the list of additives not approved, but I'm sure one of them could be another name for something . . . .

MonaJ above listed the ingredients for the Full Circle brand of almond milk.  Though not listed above, that brand does have "evaporated cane juice." Is this another fancy, science-y name for surgar?

Thank you.

MonaJ above listed the ingredients for the Full Circle brand of almond milk.  Though not listed above, that brand does have "evaporated cane juice." Is this another fancy, science-y name for surgar?

Thank you.

Yup, this is sugar, and off limits for your Whole30

Guys, it's easy & so much better for you to make your own......!

• Moderators

That's as perfect an example of how companies change their ingredients regionally as we could get. One person's Tree of Life brand Almond milk is compliant and someone else's isn't. A reminder to always read your labels, even if it's on items you've bought before... manufacturers change their products on the fly all the time!

New here and glad to have found this feed. I drink Silk Almond, Unsweetened Original milk in my coffee, been drinking in our house for years as my DD is allergic to milk. I went through the okay and not okay list and don't think anything is there. Maybe this post will help others too. Thank you!
Ingrediants: Almond base, sea salt, locust bean gum, sunflower lecithin, gellan gum, natural flavour. 

• 2 years later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived