Well hello bathroom

Jenny B

• Administrators

I'm on day 6 of whole 30 and I'm drinking tons of water which I normally don't do. But my pee is darker than usual and has a SMELL. What is that about?! Help!

How much is "tons" of water? Are you eating a lot of anything you don't normally eat (asparagus, brocoli etc)? We recommend a half an ounce of water per pound of bodyweight...so for a 180# person, 90 ounces of water.

Not that any of us are equipped to give you medical counselling but do you have any symptoms of a bladder or kidney infection?

How much is "tons" of water? Are you eating a lot of anything you don't normally eat (asparagus, brocoli etc)? We recommend a half an ounce of water per pound of bodyweight...so for a 180# person, 90 ounces of water.

Not that any of us are equipped to give you medical counselling but do you have any symptoms of a bladder or kidney infection?

I dont have any signs of of bladder or kidney infection....however I have been eating a lot of raw veggies, broccoli included. Also cook broccoli. I'm drinking at the very least 4 bottles of water a day! (16.9 oz) this is because I'm trying to drink water instead of snack! I'm thinking it's probably the raw veggies and broccoli...

• Administrators

I dont have any signs of of bladder or kidney infection....however I have been eating a lot of raw veggies, broccoli included. Also cook broccoli. I'm drinking at the very least 4 bottles of water a day! (16.9 oz) this is because I'm trying to drink water instead of snack! I'm thinking it's probably the raw veggies and broccoli...

Ya, I think with no other symptoms but lots of cruciferous veggies you could probably experience a change in urine odour.  The darker colored urine is concerning though, dark is typically because you are dehydrated.  Depending on how much of a departure Whole30 is from your regular intake, you could simply need more hydration....the transition can be hard on your body.  68 ounces would be the minimum amount of water for someone who is 136 pounds.  Remember that it's a minimum so if you are exercising or nursing or are working through this transition, you need more.

Archived