6 months into Whole30/9 and I'm a different person...

missmayhem

I started my first Whole 30 on January 5th.  I was so blown away by the positive results, I immediately completed a 2nd round and then did a 3rd round shortly after.  In between rounds (and currently), I stay pretty darn close to the Whole30 parameters. 

Prior to committing to the first round (and for the lifetime before that), I struggled tremendously with my weight.  I do have PCOS, which can make weight loss a little tricky, but I also had a vicious sugar addiction, and an extremely abusive relationship with food and the scale.

Since starting my first Whole30 six months ago, I've experienced the following:

• A loss of 42 pounds, 25 inches, and 3 dress sizes
  • Minimized PCOS symptoms
  • Reduced anxiety/panic attacks - more mood stability
  • Better recovery
  • Drastically reduced joint pain/aches
  • Glowing skin
  • A younger appearance (I'm told)
  • Freedom from sugar addiction, food obsession/abuse, scale obsession
  • New-found confidence/self-love

I'm not the same person I was 6 months ago inside or out.  At this point, I'm very comfortable "riding my own bike" - I crave, prepare, and eat Whole30 food 99% of the time, and whenever I'm faced with an "off-plan" choice or treat, I always mindfully consider whether or not it will be worth it (taste and consequences) and exercise the "one-bite" rule.  

I'm looking great, feeling great, performing great, and getting to enjoy much more of life now that I'm not a prisoner to food. Hallelujah Whole30 - looking forward to another 6 months of getting more awesome!

post-61494-0-45018900-1436469017_thumb.j

You guys are so sweet!  Thanks for all the love.  Hope it inspires someone else out there to get on board or stick with it.  I want to preach Whole30 from the mountaintops!

You've inspired me!  Thank you for sharing this.  Just stunning! :)

What an inspiration. I'm at the tail end of my first Whole30 but the weight loss has not been great. I know that I have to keep going an you have just done that for me.  Feeling great is better than any # on a scale, I know, but a little something something helps:) Thank you!

• 2 weeks later...

This is amazing & inspiring to read!! You look absolutely radiant in your photos. I was just wondering, how do you deal with social gatherings? I feel like that is my biggest worry--I currently live overseas (Korea) and there aren't that many places near where I live that are Whole30 compliant. I'm pretty sure this Whole30 will lead to more of a lifestyle change (paleo), so I'm wondering how other people are able to balance it with their social lives.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived