Day 1: headache, but energetic

FitKatieB

This is a day 1 re-start for me so I've had a few days practice. Unfortunately, I had an accidental slip eating bacon which had sugar added. I should've checked first, but I let myself get too hungry and was not prepared! So now I've learned that lesson and the value of preparation.

I feel like I was hungry all day. It's hard to break the sugar habit and change my binge-eating habits too. I know it will be difficult, but I'm super excited and motivated. I've been looking up new recipes all day. I never really cooked that much, but I think I'm getting into it. I made spaghetti quash for the first time (uhh-mazing!)-I've been missing out.

Meal 1: 1egg, egg whites, grilled veggies, avocado and tomato, coffee with coconut milk and a wee bit of coconut oil and cinnamon

Meal 2: organic pork sausage (no sugar!), apple, cashews, coconut water

Meal 3: tomato and leek soup, blueberries (should've had a protein here)

Meal 4: grass-fed chicken, organic tomatoes, spaghetti squash

I gave myself big portions, feeling like I ate too much. Are we supposed to be counting calories? Or ignore it?

Exercise: Active rest day-biked around the city about an hour

This is a day 1 re-start for me so I've had a few days practice. Unfortunately, I had an accidental slip eating bacon which had sugar added. I should've checked first, but I let myself get too hungry and was not prepared! So now I've learned that lesson and the value of preparation.

I feel like I was hungry all day. It's hard to break the sugar habit and change my binge-eating habits too. I know it will be difficult, but I'm super excited and motivated. I've been looking up new recipes all day. I never really cooked that much, but I think I'm getting into it. I made spaghetti quash for the first time (uhh-mazing!)-I've been missing out.

Meal 1: 1egg, egg whites, grilled veggies, avocado and tomato, coffee with coconut milk and a wee bit of coconut oil and cinnamon

Meal 2: organic pork sausage (no sugar!), apple, cashews, coconut water

Meal 3: tomato and leek soup, blueberries (should've had a protein here)

Meal 4: grass-fed chicken, organic tomatoes, spaghetti squash

I gave myself big portions, feeling like I ate too much. Are we supposed to be counting calories? Or ignore it?

Exercise: Active rest day-biked around the city about an hour

Ah, bacon with added sugar! (I'm shaking my fist in the air on your behalf lol.)

Don't get hung up on counting calories, which I know is easier said than done. Here's a snippet from the Whole30 program guide: http://whole9life.com/2012/08/the-whole30-program/

"Your only job for the next 30 days is to focus on making good food choices. You don't need to weigh or measure, you don't need to count calories, you don't need to stress about organic, grass-fed, pastured or free range. Just figure out how to stick to the Whole30 in any setting, around every special circumstance, under any amount of stress… for the next 30 days. Your only job? Eat. Good. Food."

Best of luck on your re-start!

Archived