Wendy's burger, potato, side salad

fmr_sailor

I was wondering if ordering just the burger meat with lettuce, onion, etc (no ketchup/mustard), their plain baked potato, and a side salad would be compliant (using my own dressing that I bring in)? I've done some research, and it appears that their meat would be ok. But they could have soy in their grill spray, if they use it, right? (I don't know if they use spray or not.)

Any knowledge about this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

search for "wendy's allergen menu" for specific info on which allergens are in which menu items.  or "wendy's ingredients" for ingredient lists.

here they are: https://www.wendys.com/en-us/allergen-information and https://www.wendys.com/redesign/wendys/pdf/en_US_nutrition.pdf

It appears the burger patty is ok (if they used soy on the grill it would need to be listed here) and the garden salad and baked potato might be (all other salads had allergens, but  ingredients are not provided for the garden salad or baked potato). Keep in mind, though, that this is not high quality meat or produce. I wouldn't recommend Wendy's for a regular stop, but maybe ok if you were on a long road trip with no other options.  Note that, like most fast food restaurants, what appears to be a "plain grilled chicken breast" is anything but, so avoid that.

Once you are actually in the store, ask to see an ingredients list for the salad and potato. believe it or not, food like salad (and even bottled water) might have added sulfites in fast food restaurants.

Something to be wary of with allergen menus online: I've seen some restaurants list that refined soybean oil is not considered to be allergenic due to the refinement process and these same restaurants have made claims that, while being a good guy and still mentioning it, they're not required to disclose the use of soybean cooking oil. So take these online menus with a grain of salt and remember that not all of these places are necessarily on the up-and-up with their disclosures.

Something to be wary of with allergen menus online: I've seen some restaurants list that refined soybean oil is not considered to be allergenic due to the refinement process and these same restaurants have made claims that, while being a good guy and still mentioning it, they're not required to disclose the use of soybean cooking oil. So take these online menus with a grain of salt and remember that not all of these places are necessarily on the up-and-up with their disclosures.

Chick-fil-A makes the same claim about the refining process removing the allergens from oil as they fry both their chicken and fries in peanut oil. I will probably stay away on the Whole30, just to be certain.

Archived