Finished first Whole 30 but Weight Loss Is SLOOOOOOW

hobroe

• 2 weeks later...

Always think long term when it comes to healthy choices. 6 pounds over 30 days works out to 72 pounds by the end of the year. You will be under 180 in no time. Keep it up and good luck.

One thing to keep in mind is that fat comes off so. So. SO. Slow. It is dense and the last place our body turns to for energy to burn. Fast weight loss is a result of water and muscle loss, never fat loss. Also, a generally acceptable "safe" rate of weight loss is 1-2 lb. per week. You averaged right in there! With as active as it sounds like you are there's a good chance you didn't lose muscle and in fact may have gained some. That in itself is an accomplishment! Rock that 6-lb-lighter bod with pride and soldier on! :)

• 6 months later...

This post is great as I just finished my first Whole30 yesterday. 

My question is, what if I don't feel my clothes any looser or fitting better?  I was too mortified to step on the scale before I started so I can't tell if I lost any weight, but I would guess I lost something:) I just wish things felt looser. 

My energy is better, I feel happier, and I am not hungry!

I think I'm sticking with it and not reintroducing foods quite yet. 

I think I lost about 7-8 pounds with each of my first two Whole 30's that I did this past spring and summer. I'm hoping I'll lose at least a little this time around. I've already been told by a coworker I hadn't seen in a few weeks that I look like I'd "lost a ton of weight." And while I don't think I've lost a ton (only on day 10 so far), I do feel less puffy in my face.

What I have realized is that I feel really good eating this way. I'm able to have filling, delicious, hearty meals that leave me feeling full and satisfied for hours and hours (in general). And while I'll most definitely be eating foods from the SAD when I'm done with these 30 days, I'm going to try as hard as possible to maintain an overall Whole 30-ish lifestyle. And I really do think that if I fear I've gotten too far off track, that a Whole 7 or Whole 14 will do wonders to reign me back in as I need.

Regardless of how much weight we lose, we are doing right by our bodies all for better health overall. That, in and of itself, is one of the best NSVs we can have!

@cynth613

I know what you mean, sometimes slow progress can make us question things but I truly believe that if we stick to this healthy way of eating, it will change us, one way or another.  :D

Do you have an exercise routine?  Perhaps increase the intensity a little to tone up?

Archived