Help! Festive ideas needed - having Xmas in July!!

yggy

Hi All,

need some help with planning a dinner party "Xmas in July" - I live in Oz, we do that kind of stuff in winter.

We have about 30 friends coming and I am looking for cool compliant ideas to prep - what are your favourites for the festive season??

Thanks heaps!

The Big Chick.   A big honking Turkey Dinner with all of the trimmings.   You could make duck, too.   Honk, honk.   Homemade cranberry sauce,  white and sweet potatoes,  asparagus and green beans...Ooooo, there's so many traditional things you could add.   Waldorf salad made with fresh fruits and nuts, homemade mayo.

Great ideas :) Yummy!!!

Any good ideas for drinks? I making mulled wine for the alcohol lovers but am not sure what hot drink - obviously non alcoholic - would be Whole 30 compliant.

I'll post the menu that I will finally decide on :)

• Moderators

Great ideas :) Yummy!!!

Any good ideas for drinks? I making mulled wine for the alcohol lovers but am not sure what hot drink - obviously non alcoholic - would be Whole 30 compliant.

I'll post the menu that I will finally decide on :)

There's brewed cocoa drinks like Crio Bru or Choffy -- they're nothing like hot chocolate, but they can be a nice change. You could do flavored hot tea, and maybe even add a bit of fruit to the cup -- I don't know if this brand/variety is available there, but you might find something similar, brew that in a tea pot, and pour into a cup with a slice of orange in it, just for something a little fancier than just tea. Or you might play with making a chai tea with compliant coconut milk. And it might be a little weird at a party, but there's also always broth as a warm drink.

Here we go!!!!

I am making Gluehwein (alcoholic for my friends) and a non alcoholic tea based one that looks similar - so I can look the part ;)

Protein: plain Roast beef, pork and chicken

Veggies: Cauliflower mash, roasted twin colour carrots, roasted pumpkin, cabbage with bacon, brussel sprouts, yorkshire pudding and red cabbage - I cannot eat all of this, but that is okay

Starchy veg: roast potatoes, mashed swede, stuffing and gravy (for the guests)

My friends start coming around 2pm, so i will have a big lunch at 1pm and fight the cravings of eating all the nibbles they bring. for later that afternoon I will have a platter of carrot sticks, capsicum and olives, so I can have some nibbles when I feel like it.

My friends are also bringing the desserts, so I will roast some chestnuts and have some fruit ready.

As I have been off most grains for over a year my friends are actually quite used to me eating differently, so I am thinking positive :)

Merry Xmas - and would you believe it, we had snow yesterday in sunny Australia....

There are awesome low-maintenace marinaded olive recipes online. I made some for New Years a few years ago with an assortment of olives, garlic, pieces of lemon, and little red pepper flake. People went NUTS over them. And they're very, very easy to make compliant.

Sounds like it's going to be one hell of a party!

Archived