template template template!

missmary

Here was Tuesday:

pre-WO: scoop of crock pot beef

WO #1: mobility

meal #1: 2 hard boiled eggs, blueberries, red bell pepper, snap peas.

meal #2: ground turkey ginger/garlic/fish sauce shiitakes, cabbage, carrot, cilantro

meal #3: lamb burger, carrots, potato, olives, cilantro

WO #2: advanced capoeira

post-WO: chicken/sweet potato balls (mashed sweet potato, ground chicken, an egg to hold the whole batch together)

Tried eating before class this time. I think that will work better as long as I have post-WO food prepped.

Wednesday: 

meal #2: ground turkey ginger/garlic/fish sauce shiitakes, cabbage, carrot, cilantro

exact same meals as Tuesday, minus the workout food and the workouts. Got to work at 6am to prep for a big meeting.

Back to the regular routine (and photographs of my meals!) tomorrow.

dfb14a35-a8b3-4a96-990c-b96aa931468e.jpg

d9c3bfaf-f207-48cc-89e7-2b8b27aa1164.jpg

pre-WO: HB egg and some salmon

WO #1: mobility and bodyweight strength

meal #2: nicoise salad: salmon, green beans, baby potatoes, cherry tomatoes, black olives, red onion, HB egg (lots more green beans and salmon than it looks in the photo)

post-WO: chicken/sweet potato balls

Mixed feelings about eating three of my meals at work, but it does feel better than waiting to eat meal #3 until after I get home from class. And in fun workout news: decided to try mayurasana today after not trying for maybe a year and now I can do it. no big deal.  :)

pre-WO: banana  :wacko: 

WO #1: mobility. 12 minute interval run. 

meal #1: 2 hard boiled eggs, red bell pepper. one lamb slider and some leftover carrots/potatoes/olives

meal #2: nicoise salad: salmon, green beans, baby potatoes, cherry tomatoes, black olives, red onion, 2 HB eggs

meal #3: mix of lamb and grass-fed beef cooked loose with seasoning, taco salad style, on top of lettuce, topped with fresh salsa and guacamole.

hrmph. when prepping for the days I have class at night I need to remember that after class I won't feel like prepping for the next day. left the house without eating and ended up so nauseated I picked up a sad gas station banana. It was fine, but I can do better. Luckily whole foods near my office has hard boiled eggs. not as nice as the ones I make at home but better than nothing.

NOTE: i do have photos of these meals. I'll add those later.

Saturday

meal #1:  Taco Salad (beef/lamb mix on lettuce with fresh salsa and guac), topped with a fried egg.

WO #1: isometric holds

post-WO: Just a couple sweet potato/chicken balls

WO #2: beginning modern dance class

post-WO: the rest of the sweet potato/chicken balls, small coconut water

WO #3: not really, unless you count playing the pandeiro in the sun a workout. capoeira roda/performance. I did music but didn't play games (other than goofing around a bit while waiting to get started).

meal #2: (3pm at this point) 2 applegate organic hotdogs, salad of cucumber, tomato, avocado, olives, cilantro dressed with ume plum vinegar and olive oil

meal #3: beef/lamb mix over spaghetti squash and broccoli with a dollop of coconut oil mayo and some cherry tomatoes. 1/2 of a giant peacharine.

Much closer to template than last Saturday  :)

Sunday

meal #1: taco meat mixed into cauliflower tabouleh, topped with a fried egg

meal #2: 2 applegate organic hotdogs, salad of cucumber, tomato, avocado, olives, cilantro dressed with ume plum vinegar and olive oil. 1/2 peacharine

meal #3: um...spaghetti squash, the last of the beef lamb mix, the rest of the salsa, a spoon of harissa, a dollop of mayo

no workout today. Instead, did my volunteer work in the morning (today was three hours alternating trying to soothe a very fussy baby with trying not to disturb a fussy baby who finally dozed off for a bit in my arms), ate lunch then rushed off to an 8-year-old's birthday party by a lake, which involved a lot of sun and eventually also some swimming (when the birthday girl and her 4-year-old friend insist, who am I to say no?). Happy to say self-consciousness about my body did not get in the way. Silly fun with the girls and a couple friends in the lake. It was lovely. I am SO TIRED right now, I'm having a little trouble motivating myself to make meal #3 as promised, but I will do it.  :) 

Monday

I don't think I'm going to be able to make pictures happen. Work is just too insane right now. I will tempt you with verbal descriptions instead  ;) )

pre-WO: smoked chicken tender

WO: mobility and 12 minute interval run

meal #1: orange bell pepper, broccoli, 2 HB eggs, a couple strawberries

meal #2: roasted chicken thigh (2) and cauliflower tabbouleh

meal #3: 2 applegate organic hotdogs, salad of cucumber, tomato, avocado,olives, cilantro dressed with ume plum vinegar and olive oil.

EDIT: not enough food. had a tiny slider and some spaghetti squash after finishing this plate/while prepping food for tomorrow.

WO #1: mobility and body weight strength

meal #1: orange bell pepper, broccoli, 2 HB eggs

meal #2: grass-fed beef burger. massaged kale salad with cranberries, cashews and red onions dressed with ume plum vinegar and olive oil.

meal #3: roasted chicken thigh (2) and cauliflower tabbouleh

post-WO: chicken/sweet potato balls didn't feel like having these. had 2 applegate hotdogs, some roasted sweet potato and a few cherry tomatoes instead.

craving fruit/sugar today and feeling a little over-exercised. no openings with my massage person until a week from Saturday...tempted to call her and ask her to open a slot for me (which I'm pretty sure she would do), but that doesn't seem like good karma. I can power through.

Wednesday

WO #1: mobility and body weight strength, 12 minute run

meal #1: orange bell pepper, broccoli, 2 HB eggs

meal #2: grass-fed beef burger. massaged kale salad with cranberries, cashews and red onions dressed with ume plum vinegar and olive oil.

meal #3: the rest of the spaghetti squash (not much) and a few cubes of sweet potato saluted in coconut oil, 2 bratwurst, big scoop of guac, a few cherry tomatoes.

rough one. bargained with myself at the co-op on the way home to get (expensive, deli-made super fresh) guac instead of the gluten-free (and not remotely sugar or dairy free) trifle. My burgers were too small and I need to eat larger portions of starchy veg. Starchy veg just tastes too sweet to me right now, I think it actually makes me want fruit and sweets more. SWYPO effect? blergh. I want to be able to eat a few cranberries in a salad and a few cubes of sweet potatoes without craving sugar.

On a happier note: I'm back in the Kombucha business. First taste of the 2nd ferment from my new scoby (lost the last one in an unfortunate mold incident). It tastes great. puckery tart and good.

• Moderators

FWIW, I think I'm going through a similar thing right now with the sweet tastes and cravings, and my suspicion is that it has to do with not eating enough of the other stuff throughout the day. Sweet=high calorie as far as the body is concerned, right? So it may just be a clue that your body needs more food period.

Yays for kombucha and choosing guac over trifle. Well played, friend.

my suspicion is that it has to do with not eating enough of the other stuff throughout the day. 

yes. I think you may be correct about this, but it is STILL SO HARD to let myself eat enough of the regular food.

no morning workout. driving to and from a meeting 7.5 hours in the car. 

meal #1. smoked chicken tender, 2 HB eggs, broccoli, red bell pepper

snack. banana and a packet of dried fruit/nuts from starbucks (along with iced decaf espresso). ravenous.

meal #2. burger with sautéed mushrooms, onions and giant pickle slices. regular potato fries and a home-made cashew turtle (not made by me. made by some old lady on the iron range who sells her wares at the local lunch place) That's right. chocolate/caramel/cashew candy.

meal #3. 2 brats, cherry tomatoes, guac. maybe some sweet potato later when they are done cooking.

yeah. good thing this isn't a whole30 because I would be starting over tomorrow. I'm exhausted and skipping capoeira even though I technically could have made it to class. I just didn't have it in me tonight.

Friday

pre-WO: a few bites of a smoked chicken tender

WO: mobility, BW strength and some isometric holds

meal #1: the rest of the chicken tender, red bell pepper, 2 HB eggs

meal #2: whole foods salad bar salad: kale, steamed broccoli, beets, cherry tomatoes, shredded chicken, avocado. peach

meal #3: ground lamb, mushrooms, onion, sweet potato, power greens, cumin. dollop of coconut oil mayo.

so...this log has fallen by the wayside, but since I posted about this on another topic I thought I should update the log.

Basically I think I have been too low in starchy carbs for my activity level. White knuckling through three template meals per day wasn't fixing it. I needed to give myself the carbs. A quarter of a sweet potato in my lamb mixture or a quarter cup of spaghetti squash wasn't cutting it. I made some white rice. I ate it for dinner mixed with salmon and pieces of ume plum and I felt a lot better, and then I did it again, and again and my body seems happy with it. I don't think this is appropriate to log on the whole30 forum in detail--even in the post-whole30 log section--but I did want  y'all to know I'm one step closer to figuring things out. 

:)

Archived