Breakfast to eat in the car/on the go

Hey everyone! Me and my boyfriend (and our child) are looking to start The Whole30 In August! I'm starting to meal plan now. 

I have the first weeks meals all planned out.  But I'm needing ideas for a true TO GO breakfast for my boyfriend.  He literally wakes up in the morning, heats up a breakfast burrito, and eats on the way to work.  Doesn't want to deal with bowls or silverware if at all possible! 

I have the egg muffins for week one (and he's already not super excited about having to take some fruit and a fat with him...) but I don't want him to get tired of the same thing every week.  If I can't find anything else, I'll just switch up what's in the eggs, but wanted to see if anyone had any no silverware needed on the go breakfast ideas! Thank you!

• Administrators

He can eat absolutely anything in the morning. Google "Whole30 picnic" and "Whole30 brown bag" and you'll get tonnes of ideas in our forum threads.

Chicken breast, olives, cut up sausage, cut up sweet potato, hard boiled eggs etc. SO much food is available.

Since he's the one putting limits on what he will or won't eat in the morning, I would ask him for some ideas. Scotch eggs are another fun addition and fairly easy finger food.

He could also think about adjusting his schedule so that he has about 20 minutes in the morning to re-heat something (or eat straight from the fridge, if he's up to that) and eat breakfast at home.

My hubby is a local delivery driver (drives the big semis) and he is the same way! Up and gone in the morning (between 3:30 and 4 am) and typically what I do for him is leftover roasted veg. His prefered mix is sweet potatoes and white potatoes, broccoli, carrots, brussel sprouts and mushrooms. I roast extra and then pack up tubs for him. I also hard boil eggs that he takes along with a little portion cup of salt, pepper and garlic powder to dip them in. He also gets egg bakes, meat balls, meatloaf, scotch eggs (hb eggs wrapped in sausage and either fried or baked), compliant sausages cut into slices. I have also sent him with grilled meats -- chicken, beef, pork -- cut up in chunks as well. For fats, it is nuts, olives, the hard boiled eggs, mayo dips don't work for him, since he has to eat on the go. 

There are lots of ideas once you get beyond breakfast, lunch, dinner and think M1, M2, M3   :D

Archived