Ideas for Ways to Add Healthy Fat to Prevent Supply Drop

Hi there,

I'm on Day 1 of my Whole30 (first time) and I'm worried that I don't have enough fat planned into my diet to prevent my milk supply dropping.  I experienced a drop in my supply already a few weeks ago after I started losing weight without trying and I am very worried that it will only get worse if I don't find a way to add more fat to what I have planned for my Whole30 meals.  I am (unfortunately) a picky eater and don't eat things like avocados or a lot of nuts so I am at a loss for ways to add more fat to my meals.  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks for your help!

Jen (and baby Kaitlyn)

Some thoughts if you are breast feeding are: eat 3 to 4 large meals a day. mini meals in between if you need them.  If you want to sip on a can of coconut milk throughout the day - then do so.

my go to fat source tends to be homemade mayo - even if you don't like mayo -it's a great base for making dressings, dips and sauces.  

What fats DO you enjoy and what are you willing to incorporate? You can add an oil-based dressing to your vegetables or homemade mayo, add olives to your meals, top a sweet potato with coconut butter, add extra fat to your meat mix when making meatballs or burgers, add coconut milk to soups/stews. There are lots of options.

Archived