Evening dessert

Jwillow

Desserts & the whole mindset around them are off limits on Whole30. If you choose to eat fruit (& many choose not to) you should eat it with or as part of a meal, like berries in a salad for instance. Always fill up on your template meal and if you still have room for more, then you can eat some fruit - you shouldn't be eating less veg to leave room for it...

If you find you have the desire to cleanse your palette at the end of a meal try something pickled, or a mug of herbal tea, or you could even just clean your teeth.

• Administrators

Occasionally I eat some fresh cherries and coconut cream with my breakfast of eggs, steamed veggies, and sausage. Is this an acceptable use of fruit? It does taste like dessert, but I am using it as a fruit and extra fat source.

This should be alright as long as you are getting your full serving of 1-3 cups of veggies and all your protein first.  And it's worth just checking in with yourself as you go to make sure that it doesn't become a "yippee, I get breakfast dessert everyday!" thing, even if that's not what it is right now.

Archived