Weight Loss ... Low Energy ... What to do?

I have dropped 10 pounds this month (in 15 days) since changing my diet to Whole30. My purpose was to start eating clean. I was already a little underweight before starting this program. How do I stop dropping weight? In fact, gain weight? Nothing has worked so far.

Note: I'm a runner, so I'm burning lots of calories. And my energy level is very low.

Have you seen this article? http://whole30.com/2013/12/keeping-weight-whole30/

Are you consuming carb-dense vegetables daily?

Also, can you post 2-3 days worth of your typical food log since being on the Whole30, including portion sizes, daily water consumption, exercise, pre and post workout meals, and nightly hours of sleep? From there, we can give you more specific feedback on possible tweaks.

I'm sending my question here because I'm on the same boat as Swinsei. I'm 49 kg per 1,65 cm (5 feet 5 inches, 108.02 pounds for you) so I really can't afford to lose any more weight. I joined Whole30 and hope to be able to stick with it because we've been trying to have child #2 for years without success. I have PCOS and my doctor suggested I go on meds but we're young (31 me and 34 him) and so we're not in a hurry. I'd like to try push my hormones back on working with the natural method before.

So, here below is how my first days of Whole30 went.

Day 1

1) 3 scrambled eggs. The side of green beans and cherry tomatoes wasn't so hard, instead.

2) 1 sausage and a half plus one rib. Cherry tomatoes and green beans as vegetables and hazelnut for fat. I also had a few cherries.

3) grilled chicken breast, vegetables pinzimonio (oil, salt and lemon dip) and olives as fat. Cherries as fruit again.

Sleep: Woke up at 4:45 - Fell asleep with my son at aroun 10:00

Mood: Normal energy at wake-up - Normal troughout the day

Day 2

1) 3 hard boiled eggs, 4 or 5 slices of Parma ham and a side of cucumber and fennel as planned. 1 peach and some hazelnut.

2) 1 hard boiled egg, leftover chicken, leafy greens and carrots. Olives as fat. 1 peach

3) Octopus with boiled potatoes, carrots, cherries

Sleep: Woke up at 6:00 - Fell asleep with my son at around 10:00/10:30

Mood: Normal energy at wake-up - Normal troughout the day

Day 3

1) 2 hard boiled eggs and some leftover hamburger with 2 carrots, some fennel and leftover potatoes. As fats I added 1 tbsp of mayo and a handful of hazelnut.

2) 1 hamburger, some leftover octopus, leftover potatoes and 2 carrots. A huge dollop of mayo as fat

3) 1 hamburger and a half, roasted potatoes, carrots, fennel, a bowl of lettuce and some tomatoes and eggplant sauce. Some olives and a tsp of mayo as fat. Cherries.

Sleep: Woke up at 6:00 - Tryied to stay awake with hubby...and fell asleep between 10:30 and 11:00

Mood: Sleepy and sluggish at wake-up - Moody all day (weary, tearful, angry, depressed, happy, nervous) It got a little better after lunch but I work part-time so I don't know if it was because of lunch or because of work-related stress

Day 4 - Today

1) 2 hard boiled eggs, leftover octopus, leftover roasted potatoes, celery, 2 slices of Parma ham and a banana. A little mayo as fat.

Sleep/Mood so far: I woke up at 6:00 feeling tired but not so much as yesterday. I started to feel more tired again aroung 9:30. Now I'm hungry again and I feel worn-out.

I'm not an active person but I'm used to go to the swimming pool almost every day with my son in summer time for 3-4 hours in the afternoon.

Also, Chris, I checked out the link you posted so thank you but I don't understand if the 'liquid food' it's to be used as a substitute of 1 meal, as a side of on meal or as an extra meal...I'm aware that may seems a stupid question but, really, I'm dead on my feet and I don't seem to be able to understand a single thing in these last 2 days. :unsure:

I also have trouble finding some of the products you talk about because I'm from Italy and so we have different kind of food available. I'm trying and doing some research, though.

For example, as far as carb-dense vegetables I can get sweet and white potatoes, squash (not all kinds), onion and carrots. I think I can find beets and we have cabbage but not this kohlrabi I've heard about.

Same with fruits even though I think the situation there is a little better.

Thank you! (and sorry for the endless post ;) )

Also, Chris, I checked out the link you posted so thank you but I don't understand if the 'liquid food' it's to be used as a substitute of 1 meal, as a side of on meal or as an extra meal...I'm aware that may seems a stupid question but, really, I'm dead on my feet and I don't seem to be able to understand a single thing in these last 2 days. :unsure:

I also have trouble finding some of the products you talk about because I'm from Italy and so we have different kind of food available. I'm trying and doing some research, though.

For example, as far as carb-dense vegetables I can get sweet and white potatoes, squash (not all kinds), onion and carrots. I think I can find beets and we have cabbage but not this kohlrabi I've heard about.

Same with fruits even though I think the situation there is a little better.

Thank you! (and sorry for the endless post ;) )

In that article, the focus is on consuming more food, so the liquid food would be in addition to/with a full meal of whole food.

Cabbage is not a carb-dense vegetable.  Think root-type vegetables: potatoes (any kind you can get), squash, carrots, beets.

Regarding your food intake, I would try upping your protein and maybe even your veggies: get in 2 palms of protein per meal and closer to 3 cups of veggies per meal. Be sure you get fats in every meal also. Use the meal template as your guide.

Archived