Joining Whole 30 August 1

RochelleKK

I agree with the comparison issues. I don't compare myself with others (I'm Austistic...aspergers...so a lot of the time I don't understand others anyways) but I compare my life with what i thought my life would be...the life I imagined and hoped for to get me through a horrid childhood and adolescence.

It's hard.

The advantage of a ridiculous IQ, an appetite for books & words that cannot be contained and an ability to live inside my own mind is creating a whole world that does not exist when I open my eyes...the real world is never going to live up to that and I think deep down I've known that since I was a very small child and even then it made me sad.

Sorry to see that life is a bummer right now. You've been such an encouragement to me that certainly is a gift of yours! I have appreciated every kind word and help you've offered to me freely! Wish there was something I could do to help. I suppose in today's day and age it's become taboo to say this, but I will pray for you. Take care!

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm usually good with other people's problems sailor...just not finding reality in my own!

I spent today with my closest friend and the children which was nice and she dragged me out for a walk in the woods and lunch...but I failed my driving test this morning (big secret...only 2 people in real life know I took it) so that wasn't optimal.

I'm going to concentrate on getting more sleep this coming week, maybe that's had an impact. I'm not thinking about driving lessons again until school starts in September, I'm going to spent the next 3 weeks with my son.

But I've never failed anything before and I so desperately want chocolate RIGHT NOW!!

• Moderators

I've heard that craving chocolate is actually your body's request for magnesium...Green leafy veg have lots of magnesium and while not nearly as comforting as a big hunk of chocolate, maybe that would help?

Archived