My wife and I did Whole30 about 3 years back and had great results. Unfortunately, we slowly cheated our way back to poor eating habits after about 10 months (just in time for the holidays). We just started again this week, feeling great, and no huge cravings.

Today I'm prepping some regular fare for us - blanched broccoli (which the kids like too), gazpacho (my own recipe), curried turkey salad, and pork green chile stew.  Haven't started the chile yet but I thought posting a photo of the other items would inspire others. If this post is better in another forum, please move it.

Prepping ahead of time and making larger quantities made a big difference for us last time. I'll make 2 gallons of the green chile and freeze it in pint portions. I also grill large quantities of chicken breast, tri-tip, and flank steak, cut and freeze them in serving size portions. It's then very easy to add that protein to salads.

It's been interesting to see how Whole30 has evolved since we last did it. Thanks for providing the site, the information, and the community!

post-74423-0-26246800-1437076867_thumb.j

Archived