Tired! Day 6

On Day 6 of my second whole 30. I really haven't been sleeping great and I have trouble during workouts that previously I was flying through.

Typical meals:

M1: chicken sausage with broccoli and olive oil mayo and coffee with coconut oil

M2: 2 salmon cakes, salad with olive oil/balsamic

M3: meatballs, salad with olive oil/balsamic and potato salad

M1: 2 salmon cakes with olive oil mayo, sautéed Brussels sprouts coffee with coconut oil

M2: chicken thighs with celery and olive oil mayo, potato salad

M3: meatballs, sautéed broccoli and potato salad

Any ideas to get sleep and hopefully energy for workouts. I normally workout 1 hour 4-5 times a week and this week I'm struggling to get in 3 workouts.

I'm not hungry in between meals and as for the pre-workou meal I have had a chicken thigh with avocado or olive oil mayo before my 2 workouts however I can barely get through. I skip the post workout meal as after I workout I eat dinner.

One good thing is I'm not craving sugar as strong so very happy about that.

Thanks!

You seem to be  including enough starchy veg in the form of potato salad but I'm wondering if you might need more - some folk do. You may also benefit from adding more fat.

Is your WO between meal two & three? If your WO is intense you could benefit from a few bites of a lean protein immediately upon finishing followed up by your meal three shortly after.

Are you drinking at least a hlaf an ounce of water per pound of body fat?

Sleepwise you might consider adding in a magnesium supplement.

Thanks jmcbn. I drink more than the required amount of water. I forgot to add that. My workout is a bar routine where you work your entire body to failure for an hour. My workout is between meal 2 and 3 so I will try bringing food to eat immediately. I'm trying not to eat too much in the form of potatoes but this week I bought sweet potatoes and spaghetti squash and see if different carbs help. I really don't want to take anything to help me sleep so I will up stuff first and see. Thanks so much!

Archived