Starting July 20 - Who's In?

swithy

Hello Team July 20! I'm starting my second Whole 30 on Monday! Who else is in? 

Doing the first one was challenging and ended up being awesome. But I've still got more work to do, and after a few weeks off-roading, I'm ready to go back on. I've been mentally prepping, and I'm so excited to get started. Looking forward to the support in this forum! 

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Swithy,

I am on Day 1 and wondered what were some of the awesome things you experienced from the first round?  And you mentioned challenges, what were some you had and how can I make this easier for myself?  I hate to cook and all this shopping and label reading is a big challenge in itself.  I don't know why I have come to this point where I hate cooking, but it may be because of my extra weight. 

Vickig

I'm starting my first Whole30 on Monday too. Yay for Team July 20!

I'm curious to see how it'll go - the only food-based challenge I've set myself before was last year, when I tried to go vegan for a month. I lasted three days before I begged my partner to take me out for a steak. Hoping Whole30 is more successful (and hey, at least I can have all the steak I want).  :P

Right now, I'm enjoying the prep work, and I can't imagine being sick of eggs for breakfast, but I imagine that'll change pretty soon...

I am prepping to start my first Whole 30 on Monday, July 20, also.  I've been taking baby-steps this week to gear up.  Not a huge life-style change because my husband and I have been conscientious consumers for some time, but my hardest struggle will be giving up the glasses of wine that my husband and I share during dinner each night.  I've already made it this week, so I know I can do this!  Good vibes to all who will be joining us!!

I actually started today -- but I am hoping to join this group. This is my second Whole30 (I did my first two years ago) and immediately went back to old bad habits. I remember how great I felt when I was doing a Whole30 and I have decided to make a bigger lifestyle change this time around.

I'm starting Monday, too...just finished my prep work for Day 1.  It's a lot to get together at the moment, but I chose to start now when I'm on holiday so the beginning won't be as stressful.  Would love the support and encouragement of others...this is a new and very necessary change for me.  Hope it goes well for you all!

I am also getting ready to start tomorrow! I have done 2 whole 30's and 2 failed ones. I feel sick to my stomach eating all the crap I know is bad for me but I have been making excuses that I have no time. This time I am considering ordering premade paleo meals delivered to my doorstep or having a friend of mine that is a chef to cook at least 2 weeks worth. We CAN do this!!

Since I'm in Australia, it's already July 20th for me, and the first day of my first Whole30 has begun.

Don't worry everyone - the future looks bright from here! 11 hours in and no accidental brownies.

Ive started today too - its the 20th in the southern hemisphere! Have felt a bit daunted by the meal planning but visited my local butcher today for the first time, cheaper free range chook and a big bag of beef stock bones. Making a chicken soup as we speak and gonna make my first bone broth tomorrow. Ive been kinda following a paleo / primal diet for about 18 months now which made me feel much better but I fall off the wagon way too much! I have never cut out dairy before so im interested to see if that makes a difference.

All the best to you all also starting today. We can do this!

Hi Swithy! Hi Mcki!

We actually did our first Whole 30s together in May. I've been mostly compliant since then, but wanted to re-experience the incredibleness of a legit whole 30, as well as do a proper reintroduction phase. i'm nervous tho because a couple things have changed since last time, namely, I'm single and dating, and also working in an office (whereas last time I made my own schedule and worked from home). i'm nervous about alcohol and eating out while dating, and also being able to do food prep and meals when not working from home. glad to see everyone here! 

I decided to start tomorrow, July 21 so I can have delicious dinner tonight with friend in town and don't want to stress on it.

Congratulations to all and good luck with Day 1!

Me too. First timer. A little scared and feeling totally unprepared because my body pretty much made me start this. Spent whole weekend feeling bad and can't seem to eat anything other than fruit and veggies without feeling sick. So here I am diving in determined to find out why food and I have stopped being friends.

Archived