Starting July 20 - Who's In?

swithy

It's "period" week for me so I was really debating weighing in today... but, I sucked it up and I'm glad I did! 17 lbs lost! What the what? YaHOOooo! I know it's not about the scale, but like many of us here we need to rid our bodies of the fat and we're on our way everyone! Keep it going! I'm doing the slow roll...continued on the whole30 road today... this weekend will probably be the first intro to something since I'll be out of town, but it will be clean eating as much as possible. I feel so good and hope the rest of you do too! Congratulations!

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's "period" week for me so I was really debating weighing in today... but, I sucked it up and I'm glad I did! 17 lbs lost! What the what? YaHOOooo! I know it's not about the scale, but like many of us here we need to rid our bodies of the fat and we're on our way everyone! Keep it going! I'm doing the slow roll...continued on the whole30 road today... this weekend will probably be the first intro to something since I'll be out of town, but it will be clean eating as much as possible. I feel so good and hope the rest of you do too! Congratulations!

Wow that is amazing!  Congratulations :)  Cheers to clean eating going forward!

So I definitely know I made the right choice to extend my Whole30. I let myself get too hungry today and was returning to work from a meeting offsite.  I was so close to stopping at an Arby's for food instead of eating the lunch waiting for me back at the office!  I ended up not stopping but not without some serious bargaining and back and forth with myself.  It reminds me that I can't let myself get so hungry because that is when my resolve really weakens.  Day 32 and still learning!

Wish me luck today - I am on day 29 and am going to the State Fair with my family this afternoon. I definitely do not want to eat all the fried junk food, so I'm planning to eat before I go. In the past I would have thought there wasn't any point in going if I wasn't going to eat the food, but this time I want to focus on other things to do and enjoy.

I admit I have been avoiding social situations because it seems easier than not eating what everyone else is eating and having to explain myself. But there are some fun things going on this weekend that I don't want to miss - so it will mean planning ahead, bringing my own food, and just saying no. I feel like I can do that now.

Wish me luck today - I am on day 29 and am going to the State Fair with my family this afternoon. I definitely do not want to eat all the fried junk food, so I'm planning to eat before I go. In the past I would have thought there wasn't any point in going if I wasn't going to eat the food, but this time I want to focus on other things to do and enjoy.

I admit I have been avoiding social situations because it seems easier than not eating what everyone else is eating and having to explain myself. But there are some fun things going on this weekend that I don't want to miss - so it will mean planning ahead, bringing my own food, and just saying no. I feel like I can do that now.

^^  This is fantastic!!!

Enjoy your outing!

I was in the same spot a few days ago. My book club friends and I always meet at a cafe where I normally eat something unhealthy. I thought about not going because of the food but decided that I really did want to see everyone.  It was fine! No one mentioned my lack of food and I had a great time laughing and talking with friends.  Have a wonderful day at the fair and enjoy your company!  You are so close to the end :)

We have tallied our results from the 30 days. I lost 7.2lbs (4.69%) & 5.5" from chest, waist, hips. My husband did incredibly well, he lost 17.2lbs (6.9%) & 6.5" from the same areas, we are quite happy with the results. My husband has a lot more weight to lose, so we are going for another round next month after we come back from a one week holiday. However, we will be sticking to Whole30 while we do a slow reintro up until then. Our vacation will be mostly compliant because we really enjoy eating this way. We have tried legumes (peanut butter & pinto beans). We both didn't notice any ill effects other than a little gas, but honestly, we weren't very excited with eating them, so we are happy to leave those aside and only have them sparingly. We will try non-gluten alcohol tomorrow. Hope everyone else is doing well with their reintro!

Well, I made it through the weekend and day 30. My results - my clothes are looser, I have freed myself from addictive cravings, I gave up coffee, my moods are more even, the pain in my knees and legs is almost gone...and I lost 11 pounds. Not bad!

Since I am enjoying the food and happy with my results (and I have a lot more to lose), I am in no hurry to start reintroduction. I've already planned my food for the week like I normally would.

One of my goals that I didn't do as much as I would like is exercise, so I will start working on that.

Let's keep it up!

Well, I made it through the weekend and day 30. My results - my clothes are looser, I have freed myself from addictive cravings, I gave up coffee, my moods are more even, the pain in my knees and legs is almost gone...and I lost 11 pounds. Not bad!

Since I am enjoying the food and happy with my results (and I have a lot more to lose), I am in no hurry to start reintroduction. I've already planned my food for the week like I normally would.

One of my goals that I didn't do as much as I would like is exercise, so I will start working on that.

Let's keep it up!

Congratulations!! Sounds like you saw a lot of rewards; how fantastic about your knee and leg pain being gone :)

Had a great 11km run today, definitely more energy since the Whole30. I decided to forego non-gluten alcohol yesterday, so that probably helped. I just didn't feel like it, how about that? My husband tried a couple drinks and it didn't do much for him, just gave him an upset stomach in the morning and he otherwise stuck to the plan. We're still eating Whole30 and we plan on reintroducing non-gluten grains sometime this week but who knows! We feel so good that we may not get around to it! :D

So I guess I've slowly moved into the reintro phase...I had ketchup & fries last night and a cup of tea with stevia extract this morning.  It's a weird balance, there are times where I feel ready to do this and times where I can see hints of bad habits wanting to come back out...and I think that's why I've started to move towards reintro.  I feel like trying to force myself to hit 45 days may backfire, and I may get so frustrated and over the whole thing that I just give into temptations...kind of like when we go too long without eating food and we're susceptible to temptation.  It's not that I'm dying for a dessert or McDonald's or really anything, but I'm just kind of tired of having to OVER think every decision.  I still read labels and I'm careful, but I'm ready to take calculated moves.  I had a burger with no bun (and fries)...but I used mainly mustard and very little ketchup.  It was nice to feel a little normal in a social situation again (I was out with friends after finishing up the Color Run 5K), the fries weren't a gateway drug, I wasn't craving more food afterward or asking for seconds..it was small indulgence and now I'm over it...I was able to still use my whole30 mentality to determine what was worth a little splurge and I was completely satisfied.  Today, I was back at the whole30 (minus the stevia).  And I've prepped for the next couple of days worth of food.  I'm not sure exactly when I'll do the rest, maybe I'll just ease off of the sugar thing until Sept. 1st, it seems that I've read that was a good way to slowly reintroduce foods...I'm not really craving anything, I'd just like to use condiments that I don't have to make from scratch every time (and it makes it easier to eat out when I'm not stressing over the presence of hidden sugar or butter :unsure: )  

Hope you all are doing well as you continue on the plan or with reintroduction.

Well, I have not been around the forum since an update around week 2, but I finished the Whole30 as planned last week without one cheat or slip-up...that in itself is a huge NSV! ;)  But actual physical results would be that I lost 10.8 pounds and a total of 14.25 inches.  I am very pleased with that (I still have another 20 pounds or so to go) and it was the perfect jumpstart to changing my eating habits.  My husband lost around 9 pounds.  My teenage daughters each gained about a pound but I am assuming that is muscle since they are both very active in their sports right now. My 19 year old son didn't weigh himself or measure so I have no idea how it effected him with weight/size (he didn't stick to the plan 100% of the time anyways). The best result isn't anything I can measure or weigh...it is the result of every single one of us just feeling better all the time.  More energy, better skin, and just a happier outlook on most things.  

Since we completed the 30 days, we have all decided to keep to an 80/20 ratio of the plan...my girls will start school soon and will eat their lunch in the cafeteria at school.  My son returns to college next week and will be "stuck" with the dorm food.  They will all make the best choices they can under their own circumstances.  My husband and I are staying a bit closer to whole30 except anytime we have an event or have to eat dinner out.  We will still continue to make good choices but not be as worried about the salad dressings, oil used to prepare something, or if there is sugar in the bacon while we are out.  When we are eating at home, all the meals will remain whole30 complaint and I have just grown accustomed to having sunday afternoon as our "prep day" so we have a week of veggies, meats and sauces ready to use.

I did not have as hard as a time as I thought I would sticking to Whole30 for the 30 days.  I was amazed at how easy it was to just adapt after the first week or so.  And now that it is over, I do not crave any sugar (that was my biggest problem prior to whole30), a "treat" is not necessary after dinner, and I have really grasped the idea that my food is fuel - nothing more than that. Those 3 things alone were more than worth it for me.  But all the bonus of how great I feel, the inches lost, the pounds lost, and the way my skin shines are all just going to keep me moving forward and continue this better lifestyle change.

• 2 weeks later...

Just checking in for all those who may still be going on....I finished officially today.  I feel good and the last week has been pretty easy with food choices, I don't even really think about it anymore.  I lost 16 lbs and 13 inches, so I feel like it's a great start!  I'll be traveling in the next few weeks, so I'm hoping to maintain a mostly paleo diet and possibly do another whole30 in October.  Hope you guys are still doing well!

So I finished out the Whole30 today as well.  I had one slip up a few days ago and went to a local fast food place and ended up eating grilled chicken (without bun and fixings) and fries. Didn't taste that great but I was exhausted and hungry-not the best planning on my part that day.  But I hopped back on the Whole 30 the next day and am glad to finish.  My cravings are pretty much gone and if they do come on they are so much shorter and less strong than before.  I've decided to continue to stay away from bread and cheese because they are definitely food without breaks.  I'm also going to continue to go without added sugar except in very small amounts. I found ketchup that was all Whole30 approved accept for 4grams of sugar. I'm okay with that.  Things I want to add back in include:  some beans, rice, greek yogurt, skim milk, and oats.  So I'm going to try them one by one and see how I feel.  Congrats all! 

Archived