Starting Today,July 17th-Seeing My New Life

Farmher

What better day to start then today?  I am a procrastinator by heart, but I don't want to put being healthy off any longer.  I am not young and many years of eating poorly are catching up with me in the form of inflammation, obesity and painful joints.  I find that I am refusing more and more invitations because of my pain and my weight.  I am 51 years old-not young but not geriatric either.  I am a full time farmer. I know a LOT about food! So I have no excuses.  My motivation is seeing myself and what I can become.  It is seeing myself riding my horses again, going kayaking, being beautiful in my clothes, walking without pain, working my herding dogs, attending events and not worrying about what I look and feel like.  One day at a time, one hour at a time-it's just 30 days, right? ;-)

You got this......keep on the path and you'll see and better yet feel the results. It won't be any at times but it will most definitely be worth the effort.

I am a couple of years older than you and was feeling the same way. Not anymore! I'm biking, kayaking, walking the dog, playing tennis and not letting life pass me by anymore.

I started on July 17th too!  I too am a procrastinator, and have been putting off starting for almost two weeks now.  Today (yesterday) is the day for me to start making better choices for myself.  No more excuses!  I know it will be hard, but I am looking forward to all the good feelings physically and mentally that are in store for me.  One thing I keep telling myself is the "instant joy" you might get from indulging in something unhealthy is not worth the disappointment you will feel afterward.  I think about the joy I will get running around with my dogs, biking, hiking, feeling good in my clothes, etc. like you mentioned Farmher.  I wish you the best of luck too and will include you in my daily prayers for strength and peace.

Archived