Trying so hard not to feel guilty...

It's day 31 and I made it through my Whole30, something to be proud of and celebrate! We're at a wedding, and I've been making the best choices I can, partly knowing that cake would be something I would want.

Ate chicken breast, scraped the breading off. Ate the roast beef, some kind of starch in the gravy I'm sure but scraped it off best I could. Salad had raspberry vinegarette dressing on it already, could tell there was sugar but it was first course and I was starving. Ate the green beans, almonds and butter (I'm sure).

Skipped the rolls, potatoes, Italian pasta dish.

Had 2 sips of champagne for toast.

The cake was automatically served and I ate it. It was sweet it was good, wonderful actually, but now I feel sooooo guilty that I ate it. I knew days ago that I would probably eat the cake because well... Celebrate my whole30. But the guilt...oh the guilt!!

Just needed a place to vent to people who understand :)) thanks for listening!

You made a mindful decision you would have cake before you even went. There is nothing wrong with that. I'm not chastising you because a year after my first Whole30, I still have what can feel like guilt, but what I actually think it's me checking in on myself and asking myself if I really wanted to go off road for that. Probably you need to sort of shore up and maybe do the transtion as M and D suggest which is adding things in one at a time. You do Dairy for 3 days and then move to grains I think. It's in the book. That way you will know what has an affect on you and what doesn't. For me, dairy and grains are not good for me. Sugar..not a big deal, but it always comes with dairy or grains so I rarely partake unless it's really worth it. You'll be fine and I do understand. :)

Thanks for your encouragement. I like the way you think (trying not to feel guilty but checking in with yourself).

I planned to attend the wedding, make the best choices I could knowing that I would most likely be reintroducing more than one thing at a time (sugar, dairy, etc) but then going right back on Whole30 today at least for a few days to that that wedding food work it's way out of my system. Then I'll figure out the reintroduction schedule from M&D.

This morning I was thankful I packed some egg frittata because the hotel breakfast was not Whole30 friendly, lol. I had an apple from there, coffee, and my egg frittata, and less than 2 tbls almond butter I brought along.

Anyways, my stomach is uncomfortable this morning but not terrible.

Thanks again for your post.

Don't beat yourself up mentally. Your body will beat you up badly enough it if was a serious off road like cake. Plus, you just spent 30 days eating super clean and fixing your relationship with food. I only had a couple off roads after my whole 30 (ended 8/9, been mostly whole 30 since), but I had a big one this past weekend. I had ice cream and I am proud to say I did not feel mentally bad about it. Not one bit. It was super delicious. My body is punishing me enough as it is, so I am glad that I enjoyed the ice cream! Right back to whole 30 eating today and this week!

I think you did a terrific job at the wedding. You could have eaten rolls & pasta too, right? :)

Thanks Laura!! You're right, I could have ate all the other crap but didn't :)

I will say my belly is all kinds of messed up today!! I'm a little surprised since it wasn't too bad yesterday. Maybe just hitting me a little late. I did have a plain Acai berry tea last night, I don't know much about Acai but maybe that has something to do with it? Or maybe its the wedding food/cake lol.

Thanks again for your thoughts :)

Thinking this through, I wonder if the stomach upset is also partly because of the creamy cucumber salad I was eating on yesterday. Seems like in the past I might have been bothered by more then a few slices. Something to figure out I guess, lol. Though I'm certain the cake didn't help ;)

Depending on the recipes, both the salad and the cake could have included quite a bit of dairy.

The cucumber salad is one I made from Well Fed, I was just meaning that the amount of cucumbers might have had an effect on me. idk, lol. :) But ya, who knows what was in that wonderful piece of cake! HA! Makes me think twice about having a piece of my daughters cake this weekend. Probably will make my own version :)

The cucumber salad is one I made from Well Fed, I was just meaning that the amount of cucumbers might have had an effect on me. idk, lol. :) But ya, who knows what was in that wonderful piece of cake! HA! Makes me think twice about having a piece of my daughters cake this weekend. Probably will make my own version :)

Oh got it! I think my stomach is made of cast iron, so I didn't even think about the cucumber issues that some people have.

Archived