Starting August 3rd

amyhighonlife

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm starting August 3 as well. So excited!! I've done all my reading and research, now I'm menu planning. I'm surprised how many things aren't Whole30 complaint, my turkey sausage for instance. So glad I'm looking into that now. I hope to have my menu planning for the month done by Saturday so I can relax on Sunday.

I'm hoping to do my 2nd W30 beginning August 3rd.  I did my first in May and then went on vacation in June.  1.  I was trying to be nice because I was a guest at my friend's time share and then at her home and 2.  my willpower wasn't strong enough yet to stick to my plan.  Good luck to all!

Im starting the 3rd also! I'm trying to figure out mon-wed right now, then will shop again wed for thurs-sun.

I was going to make the homemade mayo and do chicken salad for lunch: chicken, mayo, celery, onion, grapes, tiny bit of walnut. How much mayo is the right amount here? Is it the 1-2 thumb sized?

Would you all mind sharing your meal plans for the first week? I'm struggling with breakfast. I leave the house tues and thurs at 5:30 and sit at my son's morning hockey from 6-8. Trying to figure out a good breakfast I can grab and take with me (cook the night before).

Charlynn, 

Use however much mayo you need to make the salad, we are not counting calories here. Make sure you use either avocado oil or light tasting olive oil for the mayo as most other oils are not allowed or don't taste good in mayo. 

For breakfast on the run try making some muffin cups. Just scramble some eggs with whatever fillings you want, place them in muffin cups and bake until done. Put them in a baggie in the fridge. When you are on your way out just grab a couple and pop them in the microwave. 

As far as the rest of the week, I find when you are first starting out and not used to cooking paleo it is easier to make large batches of things so you can get a few dinners and lunches out of them. For instance make a crockpot chicken with veggies, pot roast or other roasted beef, make a hearty soup or stew, roast a bunch of veggies in the oven to use throughout the week, make a large container of salad and grill some chicken and hard boil some eggs for salads at lunch. 

You also may want to check out some blogs such as Nom Nom Paleo and The Clothes Make The Girl as both of these have great recipes for doing the whole 30

I hope this helps

Also starting August 3rd...I really want to do this but am starting to have my doubts. I've emptied my pantry so no temptations are in my home. Going shopping tonight and food prepping tomorrow afternoon. Did I mention that I REALLY want to do this?! I hope I can get through it...I know it's a healthier way to live. Here's to success.

HELLO Whole30 WORLD!!!!

I am a total newb and I'm starting August 3rd, too.

Did just a bit of shopping and hoping to do some prep tomorrow. In all honesty, I am a slacker but still doing my best to plan ahead.  :blink:

Yes me too, although I'm in Australia so that might be a day ahead than some of you!  I will do a lot prep on the day.  I've been a pseudo paleo for a while now so I just need to dial it in but my pantry is what it is.  I have 3 kids and a hubby who won't be doing the same thing.  That is my major challenge.

Charlynn, 

Use however much mayo you need to make the salad, we are not counting calories here. Make sure you use either avocado oil or light tasting olive oil for the mayo as most other oils are not allowed or don't taste good in mayo. 

For breakfast on the run try making some muffin cups. Just scramble some eggs with whatever fillings you want, place them in muffin cups and bake until done. Put them in a baggie in the fridge. When you are on your way out just grab a couple and pop them in the microwave. 

As far as the rest of the week, I find when you are first starting out and not used to cooking paleo it is easier to make large batches of things so you can get a few dinners and lunches out of them. For instance make a crockpot chicken with veggies, pot roast or other roasted beef, make a hearty soup or stew, roast a bunch of veggies in the oven to use throughout the week, make a large container of salad and grill some chicken and hard boil some eggs for salads at lunch. 

You also may want to check out some blogs such as Nom Nom Paleo and The Clothes Make The Girl as both of these have great recipes for doing the whole 30

I hope this helps

Thank you!!

I'm excited but nervous. I know we don't count calories, but I also know I can't have an entire jar of almond butter every day (or shouldn't)!! I just want to try and do what is best to be successful!

Archived