Starting August 3rd

amyhighonlife

I am still doing well!  Although, over the weekend I did have two very strong wine cravings.  I didn't cave though.  I strangely enough have not had an bread, cheese or dessert related cravings!

Funny dreams so far included:

Finding a giant iced cinnamon roll in my purse, I could smell it even in my dream, so weird.

Eating an enchilada, and then realizing...Beans! Cheese! Corn! I can't have any of this stuff! and then pushing it away.

Also dreamed i was at a bar and ordered a wine and the bartender refused to serve me and kicked me out, haha!

The dreaming part is actually extremely entertaining!

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Day 17 - Tiger Blood Update!

Feeling pretty good these days - had a very long day of travel on Monday with a lot of delays so really only got about 4 1/2 hours of sleep Monday night. As I went through my day yesterday, I realized that I ought to have been a lot more low-energy than I was - hey, is this tiger blood? :) I was tired last night, but slept great and feel really good today, mood and energy. There's probably a teensy bit of pride in there too - we're more than halfway there!

Day 24!!

One thing I have definitely learned is that previously (pre-Whole 30) literally all my startchy carbs were unplanned. I have realised that I would set off with the goal of eating only 'healthy' (low carb, low fat) foods and then a couple of times a month end up with a massive binge of high carb, sugary foods as a consequence of insufficient fuel....

In 'non-scale victories' one of my goals for this month was to see what effect the plan had on my terrible PMS - it's usually the week prior to my period that I get terrible carb cravings, depressed mood, etc.. This month I found that I was hungrier but did not have any specific cravings, and I think this is due to eating more fat and planning some starchy carbs in my diet - I am really enjoying baked sweet potato with ghee :)

I think (but do not know) that I have lost a few pounds so, as I am not overweight (around 118lb, 5'4") I need to find a sustainable way of eating within the whole 30 format - perhaps more nuts???? I have always been quite scared of high fat snacks and have avoided snacking on my whole 30 as per the plan/instructions.

I'm starting to think about what foods I would like to reintroduce, currently my only non-Whole 30 desire is for muesli so I think I'll try oats first and see how that goes, also maybe yoghurt and the occasional taste of honey (we have our own bees). Other than that I've not missed much so I have no plans to even try wheat or soy (maybe beans in a while?).

What plans have you all for reintroduction?

One thing I have definitely learned is that previously (pre-Whole 30) literally all my startchy carbs were unplanned. I have realized that I would set off with the goal of eating only 'healthy' (low carb, low fat) foods and then a couple of times a month end up with a massive binge of high carb, sugary foods as a consequence of insufficient fuel....

Yes! Great revelation, and likely very true for a lot of us.

My advice would be to try and incorporate more template-style food into the plan; get comfortable eating more of the good stuff.

I wouldn't suggest supplementing with nuts because they are really tough on the digestive system (lots of times leading to breakouts and digestive upset).Have more regular food. seriously. just eat more at meals or add a fourth meal some days.

good job day 24!

Ok my whole30, Aug 3 buddies, How are you all doing? We are nearing the home stretch, what am I saying we are just around the corner from our goal  -let's check in! For me the end just signifies the beginning! I am anxious to weigh myself this week but that will be it. I am not going to veer off the plan or try to reintroduce anything right now. I am just starting back to school as a primary teacher next week and I don't want to mess with this feeling. I plan to continue for a whole60 and who knows?? I'm not signing up for snack day or soup club this year because after every summer of loosing weight, I gain it all back with the treats as triggers! (I plan on hosting Paleo parties in my room instead!)

I have well over 100 lbs to loose so this is really a new life reset for me. I enjoy the food I've been eating and experimenting with, for the most part, (a bit of food boredom in the middle), I don't really have any cravings, (a few longings; red wine, dark chocolate and feta) but nothing to make me act on it! I think wheat/gluten and dairy are going to be out of my life for good! I can feel it in my clothes that I have lost some weight, I have more energy, unfortunately still enough joint pain to impact/limit my exercising activity, but that will change. I trust the program. Did I say I am happier too! The psychological changes in me and my relationship with food has to be my greatest non scale victory. I really feel food has no power over me any more and that is huge!!! That burden of feeling week and out of control for years and years, layered with guilt and self hatred was what was weighing me down. I feel free to imagine a future for myself now, lighter, stronger, active and beautiful! We are all on different paths, so I hope you have a chance to reflect on this part of your journey and share some of the highlights with us. Be well!

Tomorrow is my day 30. It seems a bit weird and the 30 days have really flown by. It's a public holiday in th UK today and this weekend I've run 28 miles without any trouble at all, 11.5 of them this morning before eating - I had a huge meal on Sunday and I think I was still digesting it..... But I ran the hilly 11.5 miles happily and then enjoyed a big old salad with smoked trout, olives, beetroot, peppers, non nom :) I don't think I rely on carbs any more to fuel my longer/ harder runs :)

I guess on Wednesday I can weigh myself but even that seems relatively unimportant to me, it's been immensely freeing to not look at the scale for a month and I'd like to continue with that same sense of freedom.

I hope every one else has had a constructive 30 days, and achieved whatever personal goals were being pursued. It'd be good to hear about everyone's different successes.

Archived