Anti-inflammatory whole30

KathyV

I am wanting to do a whole30 with the goal of decreasing inflammation.  I need to know what shopping list  to download.  I was checking them out and it looks like there would be two possibilities.

Any help or suggestions will be appreciated.

Thank you Chris.  With past experience with eating, I find the more basic, the better I feel.  I just feel that sometimes when I am done eating I have swelling in my fingers and toes, which will become real red, inflamed and swell so I am paying close attention to what I am eating.  I don't know if it is all food related or not.  I am recently seeing a Dr. to check for possibly valve issues.  But I thought I would look into the possibility if food wasn't triggering my response.  Would a food sensitivity cause this to happen, that you know of?  I'm just afraid that the valves will be fine which would be great.  I had my arteries checked in my legs, and it seems to be good.

As Chris said, the whole30 lifestyle will naturally help with inflammation. I've battled bad sciatic pain for years. The pain would go all the way down the back of my leg. I'm on day 15 of my first Whole30 and my pain has significantly decreased. I've also been taking turmeric and fish oil to help with the inflammation as well.

bcwillson,  Thanks for your response.  I am glad to hear that

whole30 is working for you.  I hope that  you continue to improve.  I do take turmeric and Krill oil.  I may just have to be a little patient.  I will find out what the Dr. say's next week(I have my ultrasound on my legs this week) when she goes over the results.  In the meantime, I will stick with the whole30.

• Moderators

Thank you Chris.  With past experience with eating, I find the more basic, the better I feel.  I just feel that sometimes when I am done eating I have swelling in my fingers and toes, which will become real red, inflamed and swell so I am paying close attention to what I am eating.  I don't know if it is all food related or not.  I am recently seeing a Dr. to check for possibly valve issues.  But I thought I would look into the possibility if food wasn't triggering my response.  Would a food sensitivity cause this to happen, that you know of?  I'm just afraid that the valves will be fine which would be great.  I had my arteries checked in my legs, and it seems to be good.

So you've done a regular W30 and still are having issues? If it's gotten somewhat better, it might continue to improve over time, so just continuing on is definitely one thing you can try. Just keep on eating Whole30 style, and if you feel that you're not seeing improvement after a fair amount of time (maybe a couple of weeks or more), then decide what you want to do.

Do you keep a food log? I think that would be a good place to start -- track what you're eating, and how your pain is each day (maybe even a few times throughout the day, especially if it tends to change). I know it's a pain to do, but you might see patterns in what's going on. It may be as simple as, I ate eggs with peppers and two hours later could barely move from the pain -- or it may be trickier, in that you have pain after random meals that seem to have nothing in common, but figure out that the day before each attack you had the same thing. You could keep a log on here, or just get a notebook to keep it in, whatever is most convenient. 

If you really have no idea what foods could be causing this but really wanted to try more restrictions, I think the symptoms of nightshade sensitivity sound  most like what you're experiencing (based on google results, not any personal knowledge -- and they're not necessarily an exact match). Take a look at the Egg & Nightshade Free shopping list, and see if the grayed out items are things you eat a lot of. If they are, it might be worth at least cutting back on them and see what happens. But without any particular reason to think that you have a problem with those foods, it's just a shot in the dark -- it may help, it may not. 

• 2 weeks later...

Archived