Made it through week 1

TwinmomNP

I am so excited to feel healthier after just 1 week.  I have been considering an elimination diet for over a year to see if it would help  manage my fatigue, generalized joint pain, "brain fog" and steady weight gain the last 6 months.  I believe food is medicine.  But lI work 60 hours a week and have two children.  I often used to grab food on the go knowing it wasn't healthy but felt like I had no choice.  This plan makes the elimination of certain foods simple and straight forward.  Plus, it is only for 30 days! 

Sugar had me craving more and more every day before I started the Whole 30.  I no longer want sugar or dessert!  I had a fresh peach after dinner tonight and it was delicious.  My whole palate has already changed in 7 days.  The first week I muddled through on my own with the emails and the book but, I am so excited about the Whole30 I wanted to start sharing on the forum for week 2!

Tonight I tried out my new squash spiralizer and made zucchini "noodles" with onions, garlic,  mushrooms and diced tomatoes, topped with ground chicken and Italian seasoning.  It really filled me up and tasted great.  I  haven't had time to look for sugar free tomato sauce. 

I love "zoodles" (zucchini noodles)!! Glad you had a good first week. I found some spaghetti sauce with no sugar in the ingredients list, but it took a while. You can always use a tomato sauce (Tuttoroso is delicious, with no sugar), and make your own with e Italian spices you like. Anyhow, congrats on your first week!

Archived