Chili Recipe?

eboyle86

Hope this is the correct forum...

I'm looking for a good, filling, chili recipe maybe for lunches next week. Has anyone made this particular recipe? If so, was it good? I have almost everything from this recipe sitting in my pantry except for the beef and chestnuts so it would be super easy to prepare for. We don't sell fire roasted tomatoes in a can but I'm thinking I can just get canned tomatoes and used smoked paprika to create that sort of fire-roasted flavour.

It's the second recipe down:

http://whole30.com/2014/11/best-whole30-recipes-baby-cold-outside/

I'm open to other recipes too. I'm just looking for something that would be filling with the lacking beans that i'm partial to in chili.

Also, what do you think would be a good and easy side for a bagged lunch focusing on the chili? Non-whole30/paleo me would say crusty bread but it's been almost 8 months since I ate bread so I don't crave it anymore. I'm also not looking to use my oven as it's 104+F with Humidity here recently (40C). I'd say plantain chips but for me, they're SWYPO. I'm thinking maybe BBQ'd slices of potato or sweet potato maybe? I like the BBQ idea as it's outside and doesn't heat my whole apartment lol.

Erin

• Moderators

Here is a similar recipe I have enjoyed many times: http://theclothesmakethegirl.com/2009/02/22/my-favorite-chili-recipe/

I like my chili over stir-fried potatoes and wilted greens. If you want to avoid cooking and have access to good ones, eating chili over sliced tomatoes would be good this time of year. 

Thanks Tom.

I just picked up a big bag of potatoes yesterday and am trying to include more starches in my meals (curse the calorie counter in me) so maybe I'll do a nice big batch of fried potato with onion to eat the chili with :D

I like tomatoes in foods (sauces, omelettes, etc) but can't stand to bite into them raw. One of my strange quirks as I'm a texture eater. I can't eat apple sauce for that reason and have just started to enjor pears (grittiness) and chia (weird pop sensation like tapioca or fish eggs). 

Thanks for the recipe! I'm now cooking this for dinner tonight and it smells great. I'm going to put mine over some potatoes and have some avocado with it. Yum!!!

Ooooh, can you take some pictures and post? I'm really interested in seeing homemade versions of this. Someone at work mentioned chili and now I'm craving it hardcore lol. I already have my groceries for this week done so it will have to wait til next week. <_<

Ooooh, can you take some pictures and post? I'm really interested in seeing homemade versions of this. Someone at work mentioned chili and now I'm craving it hardcore lol. I already have my groceries for this week done so it will have to wait til next week. <_<

Sure thing. It will be a little while though. I'll post it later on this evening.

Archived