Too much Avocado?

Peter

Hello,

this will be my first topic in this forum.

Hello to all healthy food lovers.

I hope I'm in the right forum section because I've read the book and it changed a lot of my nutrition and I implemented a lot from the book and I'm really thankful for that. But I didn't start the Whole30 program all together.

This is the reason where I hope I can still ask a question about something, where I'm not sure about: 

Additionally to all my other good food choices I eat at least 4 Avocados in a week. One every or every other day. Together with some tomatoes and onions.

I know Avocado is really healthy but is maybe one on each day too much because of the fat intake or some other side effect?

I'm doing it already for at least six months and I didn't find anything negativ with it. I'm sporting and exercise about 4 times a week in Kickboxing or own bodyweight training.

Thanks in advance for some answers even I don't do the 30 days.

Peter

Most people will add a half an avocado to a meal as their fat source so one a day is fine.

Don't forget other good alternative fat sources though such as home-made mayo, compliant bacon, coconut milk/oil, ghee, lard, tallow, schmaltz, olives & good fatty cuts of meat - that way you're sure to be getting a good balance of nutritents.

Hello and thank you for the quick reply.

I use for cooking already ghee, clarified butter and coconut fat/oil. Also as a source for fat for me is before a workout a handful of hazelnuts. But I'll try to get some macadamias as well in the future.

I just like the taste of the avocado I eat it with good quality salt, tomatoes and onions for breakfast.

But since bread is out of the question I would really appreciate it if you could give me a suggestion with what I could eat it with.

Peter

• Moderators

You need protein at all meals, so if you are eating avocado, tomatoes, and onions, you are getting fat and veggies. You would need to add some protein. I like to combine chicken with tomatoes, onions, and avocado like this...

http://www.wholelifeeating.com/2012/08/pulled-chicken-diced-tomatoes-avocado-and-onion/

Archived