Inspiration pays off...

Aberrantatavia

So today is day 30 and I should be doing this tomorrow, but I just couldn't wait :)

I'm a 42 yr old woman with fibromyalgia and about 40 pounds of extra weight. I have always eaten pretty healthy but never achieved the level of health I've been striving for. Overall good health is my long term goal and being able to sleep at night was a short term goal. I've taken all manner of drugs to get me to sleep well so my fibro would settle. Nothing has worked successfully for long. So that's the background.

In 30 days, my results are:

Sleeping at night! I sleep for at least 5 hours a night straight, many times more. This kicked in right around day 3. I wake up refreshed. I haven't been able to sleep more than a couple of hours in all of my adult life, so this alone would make me believe that eating this way was right for me.

Clearer thought and no real brain fog if I eat balanced meals.

I've dropped a pant size, haven't weighed myself yet and don't know if I'm going to.

I've been told I simply look healthier. I'm one of those people that everything shows on my face. There's never any confusion about what kind of mood I'm in or how I feel about whatever is happening around me. I look content, or something similar according to those that know me well.

I'm far more capable of being in the moment. This is huge for me, something I've struggled with and could never quite wrap my head around.

I've always had nice skin, but it's visibly healthier now.

My hair and nails grow stronger and healthier. My hair had been falling out previous to this, and now it's thicker for sure. Another huge thing for me ( my hair is one of my best features) and an unexpected benefit. Of course, the downside to this is shaving my legs a lot more often lol

Very even energy levels all day. I get up early and work long hours in Boston, and I used to come home and have a couple of glasses of wine to unwind and didn't have the energy to do simple chores. I'd hike with the dog a couple of nights a week and it would drain me for the next day. Now I get up at 430 (330 if I go to the gym), drive to Boston, work at least a 10 hour day and drive back home through crappy traffic, walk the dog, and still have energy to do the dishes at 9 pm. I fall into bed tired at 930 or 10 and then I actually sleep!

I'm able to run again, something I haven't done in a couple of years and haven't ever done well. I can run 4 miles without stopping, even though it's slow.

I've been able to share this with others since they are seeing my success. Being able to pass on good things to those around me is very important to me.

I'm generally a happier person, inside. Outside I've always been generally happy, I do what I have to do to make life work. My stress factors have not diminished, but I haven't had one panic attack in 30 days - something I've struggled with for the last year and a half or so. No one would ever peg me for a panic attack type of person (whatever that is, right?) as I'm pretty together and confident and all of that. I still don't know where the panic attacks were coming from, but they seem to be gone. So whatever is happening inside is very, very good.

I'm more conscious of my everyday choices in all areas. I attribute this to simply walking the path to good health rather than cutting a new trail. Every diet or lifestyle change I've made in the past seemed very labor intensive and focused on some crazy formula for having all of your planets align and only then would you get results. Simply put, life doesn't have to be that hard. It's easy to keep walking a path, and walking it with food seems to have helped me to simplify my thinking in many other areas,

I have no idea what tomorrow holds, and I don't really care much. Because today I feel great and am really on a healthy and fit road. Maybe I'll come by a pretty flower in the form of something non compliant tomorrow, and maybe I will smell it. Maybe I'll just look and appreciate its beauty without touching it at all. Either way it's ok:)

Thank you Melissa and Dallas for presenting a plan that is easy to understand and implement. Thank you to my new friends here in the whole 30 forums for your wisdom and support.

• 7 months later...
  • Moderators

Simply put, life doesn't have to be that hard. It's easy to keep walking a path, and walking it with food seems to have helped me to simplify my thinking in many other areas,

I have no idea what tomorrow holds, and I don't really care much. Because today I feel great and am really on a healthy and fit road. Maybe I'll come by a pretty flower in the form of something non compliant tomorrow, and maybe I will smell it. Maybe I'll just look and appreciate its beauty without touching it at all. Either way it's ok:)

Beautiful! Congrats. I hope you're still in this place months later. . . . :)

Archived