June 22nd W30 (Starting Date) Grads

DeEnna

Marby, I'm with you about cooking and cleaning but it is an activity that my husband and I do together. After dairy today and non-glutens in two day I am back whole30. All reintros have been positive. More reason to stick with Whole30.

Small step today going to work on therapeutic stuff for my shoulder so I can be all in on my weight lifting once the new gym opens!!

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

mychynnagirl, you're lucky to have a husband that helps in everything. It's really hard to cook for just one all by itself so I've gotten out of the habit of cooking etc. just doing the fast food, nuking etc. With the W30 I feel much better all around but getting back into cooking etc has been very difficult. I'm going to stick with W30 but make it easier on myself so I can eat good without all the activity surrounding it. Yes, I'm a wuss! :-)

Stay strong everyone!

Marby - enjoy that cruise!!!  I'm sure they will have lots of fresh fruit, veggies, and grilled meats.  My favourite part of vacation (not cooking!)

Doing W30 with my mom made things a little easier, any recipes I made, I shared, and she did the same :)

But, she's not on the same page with re-introduction, she prefers the slow roll and is already talking about the next W30.  I still have 2 food groups to re-intro.

(legumes and grains)

mychynnagirl, you're lucky to have a husband that helps in everything. It's really hard to cook for just one all by itself so I've gotten out of the habit of cooking etc. just doing the fast food, nuking etc. With the W30 I feel much better all around but getting back into cooking etc has been very difficult. I'm going to stick with W30 but make it easier on myself so I can eat good without all the activity surrounding it. Yes, I'm a wuss! :-)

Stay strong everyone!

I'm truly grateful to have my husband on board Marby.  Part of my unhealthy eating came from trying to eat what he and the teenagers eat and overindulging and there was nothing healthy about it. 

I think my dairy day was relatively successful - I had kefir, some cheese, and yogurt, and generally felt fine that day.  However, yesterday I was really gassy - I wasn't sure if it was because I had some dried fruit while out-and-about or an RXBar (which also has dried fruit), so I think I have to keep an eye on the dairy when I try it again.

I am either doing legumes tomorrow or GF grains... can't decide.  Grains seems like a food I'm more likely to eat than legumes.

As for helpful husbands, mine offers to help but until he's actually on board with W30 himself, he does the cop-out line "oh, I don't know what you can eat"... he does a phenomenal job with the dishes!  And he eats all of the food I prep, even if it's not sugar-laden... 

Quick check in from my workcation. Dairy reintro yesterday went very well. Had a latte, some ice cream and lobster bisque, all with no issues (and really didn't wake the sugar dragon so that was good). So glad that I can have it sometimes. Introing grains on Saturday and then back to mostly W30 after that. Sophie and I are planning another W30 in October after my fall work travel.

Hi Everyone,

Finally we are without houseguests. I didn't do the reintroduction correctly at all--and I definitely noticed feeling pretty awful. Unfortunately, I don't know what each kind of food is doing, and what foods are the true culprits. Also, the Sugar Dragon is back in full swing.

Tomorrow I get back on Whole 30 style eating for a week, then a couple of weeks off plan and finally a new 100% compliant Whole 30 starting mid August. I will plan a better reintroduction schedule for the next W30.

I am feeling a little worried about my resolve to eat properly starting tomorrow because my cravings are back in full force. I will use my mantras and my affirmations to support my journey, and try to keep accountable here.

Going away party at work yesterday.......I was doing the reintroduction of gluten.  I chose to partake in a little homemade squash bread as one of my re-intros.  Not too bad.  EVERY ONE who indulged in the gooey sweetness of cupcakes had lots of complaining to follow.  SO glad I did not partake!!!  Everyone was sleepy!!!! :blink:  Go figure.

I made the salmon cakes last night and some potatoes with my vegetti deally with lots of kale and tomatoes....I was soooooo bloated and thirsty.  I'm wondering if it was a delayed reaction to gluten earlier that day.

Oh well, have a good weekend all!!

Acha - I'm sure you can do another W30, no problem.  Once you've done it once, you've got all the knowledge and tools already there... Good luck!

I re-introduced GF grains yesterday - some oatmeal in the morning, corn chips along with lunch and wild rice at dinner.  I felt ok though I also felt a little more bloated than earlier in the week and a bit hungrier in the afternoon than normal.  I didn't have any GF bread on hand, so not sure if that would have let the Sugar Dragon out... I am going to try wheat and other gluten-y grains on Sunday to see how that goes.

I will be happy to go back to eating W30-ish after the reintro... even with tons of new veggies and recipes to try, it kind of made things simpler not to have these "extra" food groups to incorporate into my meals.

Hope everyone has a good and successful weekend!

Hi Everyone,

Chynagirl, you are my inspiration. Well, it took an extra day to get back to Whole eating, but this is day 3. My daughter's graduation party and my anniversary is this week and next week, so I'll be off plan for about a week, but then I'm starting a real W30 with exercise.

You all seem to be able to eat most of the things--maybe I felt so crummy because it was everything at once. I am starting to feel a little better, but still not as well as at the end of the 30 days...

Great weekend by the pool with the kids, I'm much more active and outdoors than I ever was before.  no interest in Ice Cream this weekend :)

I did try a local brand of hotdogs that I used to love, no preservatives, no nitrates, etc but I couldn't eat it, it was too salty!!  I thought I purchased the wrong brand, I double checked LOL  Amazing how our tastes have changed.

Last night with dinner I had corn on the cob, it was really good, and tastes so sweet.  No negative impacts, but this morning on the scale, I'm up a pound since day 30.

I did more reflecting, and I'm so happy I did Whole30.  Without Whole30, this summer, I would have eaten mostly healthy foods, but I would have had summer cocktails and wine.  I would not have lost any weight.  I have learned so much about nutrition, cooking a lot more, saving money!

I got more out of Whole30 than I ever expected.

Sooooooo.  I was doing really well on reintroducing foods until I went to visit my parents.  Found myself eating the correct foods - but not enough veg and never on a good schedule.  Then yesterday I ate too many new foods with gluten on my day of travel back home - didn't have any good snacks/foods with me at the airport. Felt horrible today - stomach is a mess.  Not fun for a 1st day back at work after being away and it was all my own fault :o   Going back to eating full Whole 30 for a while.  Will probably do another 30 in September - there are will be traveling and too many "occasions" this month, but I will be better about my indulgences. Nice to catch up with everyones post-Whole 30 lives after being away for the week. You all are inspiring me to get back on track!!

Hello all! Finally back from my trip to SoCal. Introduced gluten and had some minor stomach upset and bloating. Have decided to try to keep it out of my diet as much as possible. Made chicken in the pressure cooker tonight and had rice, which doesn't seem to bother me (I had it on the trip as well). All in all I find myself a bit panicky when I am not eating Whole30. I worry not so much that the food is going to bother me, just that I am going to go off of the rails and want to eat everything. I have successfully had ice cream a couple of times and my sugar dragon hasn't gone crazy. Tried to have a little bit of gluten free cupcake and it was WAY too sweet. Had to throw it out after one bite. I never would have done that before. What the W30 has really taught me is that I really enjoy eating healthy and I love the way I feel eating that way. My brain isn't obsessed with bad foods anymore. I can listen to my body now and have it tell me that it is full. Before I would hear it, but not listen. I am so very happy that I had the W30 experience. Planning on another in early October.

It's really comforting to read all of your posts... I started my reintroduction a week and a half ago, did ok with wine, dairy and GF grains, but then it seemed like there were just too many "occasions" the last few days with our anniversary outing and a birthday party that it was really hard to fit in a day devoted to reintroducing gluten grains and then legumes .  It really bothered me that I couldn't quite fit in my reintro according to the prescribed schedule, and was getting really frustrated with myself (and on top of that I had a killer tooth/jaw-ache which made me even more grumpy!). So I kept on adding days of W30 eating to sort of cleanse the palate (and gut) and then finish the reintro.  I wasn't totally off the plan on the special occasiona days as I would eat most of my meals just as before following W30 reco's, but then there would come that dinner out when I'd add a little something that wasn't quite W30-ish.   I definitely missed having a plate full of veggies during those slightly off-plan meals... 

So I am still hoping I can finish off the reintro this week and then just get back to eating healthy and enjoying the foods I've learned to love over the past month or so. Ideally, after the reintro, I would like to do another W30 properly mid-August to mid-September before we hit upon another slew of occasions and travel.

Wow, I've missed you guys.  Welcome back from your vacations.  We are taking one at the end of the month to Dauphin Island, AL.  For those of you who aren't from the south....it is a tiny island right below Alabama.  So I am so looking forward to fresh gulf seafood EVERYDAY and being able to bring some home for the future Whole30 meals.

I started back on the plan on August 2nd and thought I would start a new topic "2nd Whole30 on the 2nd of August".  Not too many people participating on that one....probably because it was a Sunday.

But I wish I wouldn't have been so gung-ho and started up so fast after the reintro.....would have liked to eat a few more ice cream cones. 

I did discover that my body doesn't really like beef.  I've always preferred the other meats just because of fat in the past....but my husband cooked a London broil or 2 and we sliced it thin and ate it many different ways.  My stomach just stopped working.  Hopefully I'll be back on track ......ugh. :wacko:  :wacko:  Also, has anyone else noticed they are thirsty all the time?  This was before the beef though.  Also I'm having headaches and face bumps more.  But everything else is still improved...sleep, weight, energy....trying to figure what I could do differently as was as the other issues.  

• 1 month later...

Archived