Start date Aug 1

Mary2244

This is my first time doing the Whole30 program.  I've read the book and am just trying to prepare a week or so of meal plans before I start, just so I have an idea of the types of recipes I can make up.  I really enjoy cooking, so this program will allow me to come up with a different way to cook, healthier.  I have a lot of digestion issues, so I hope by the end of this program I will have a clearer picture of what foods I can tolerate, and which I cannot.  

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello everyone! I am starting Aug 1 as well. Last winter I switched from vegetarian (5+ years) to paleo and loved it. Since then life has gotten in the way and I've slacked off. Right now I would call myself paleo during the week and "free range" on the weekends. The problem of course is that it takes me two days to recover from my weekend baking binges! I love eating healthy and am looking forward to the reset of both my body and mind.

Hi All, I will be joining you in starting this program. I'm hoping to relieve some tummy issues and learn better foods to eat. I don't really cook much except simple things so this will be a lesson in cooking too! Excited to have better ideas for my afternoon boredom munchies. :)

I'm starting August 1st also.  This will be my first whole30.  I picked up the Whole30 book at costco the other day and have read it cover to cover.  I love to cook so I'm looking forward to that part.  I have 5 kids, so my challenge will be keeping this together amidst the chaos!  I'm hoping to take on my sugar and bread addictions as well as see some changes to my daily "need" for a nap.  

Hoping to make some whole30 freezer meals and sauces this coming week in preparation--no excuses.

I'm starting august 1 too! I'm based in australia, so decided to shell out for a few hard to find things here - namely a spiralizer, coconut aminos, and bulk coconut oil. I find myself reaching for carbs as a coping mechanism, so these 30 days are going to be...interesting! day at a time...
Am doing it as a vegetarian - who else is?

I'm in for August 1.  This will be my second Whole30.  It went very well the first time but I had no time to exercise so my goal this time is to combine exercise with the program.  Also last time I ate the same meals over and over just because it was easy.  This time I have the Whole30 cookbook and I'm excited to try the recipes.  Good luck everyone.  It will be worth it.

• Moderators

I'm starting august 1 too! I'm based in australia, so decided to shell out for a few hard to find things here - namely a spiralizer, coconut aminos, and bulk coconut oil. I find myself reaching for carbs as a coping mechanism, so these 30 days are going to be...interesting! day at a time...

Am doing it as a vegetarian - who else is?

Hey girl... just a note about the carbs... make sure you're including at least a fist sized serving of starchy veg a day and when you're craving sugar/sweets (I assume that's what you mean by carbs), the best way to kill it is to either starve it out or, if you're truly hungry, fat and protien. Don't skimp on fat at your meals either and you'll likely find that your carb cravings are quite manageable!

Hey girl... just a note about the carbs... make sure you're including at least a fist sized serving of starchy veg a day and when you're craving sugar/sweets (I assume that's what you mean by carbs), the best way to kill it is to either starve it out or, if you're truly hungry, fat and protien. Don't skimp on fat at your meals either and you'll likely find that your carb cravings are quite manageable!

thanks so much - i mean carbs as in... corn, rice, bread, potatoes... (i see that potatoes are allowed, so i'll be careful about those - maybe doing an egg/potato salad from time to time).  my major thing to kick to the curb is mee goreng ramen noodles because they're so cheap and easy to make, but i get that they're doing me no favours.

i've just done some reading up about starchy veg, and its great to see that it's perfectly normal to eat 4-5 sweet potatoes a week. that could be me!

thanks so much - i mean carbs as in... corn, rice, bread, potatoes... (i see that potatoes are allowed, so i'll be careful about those - maybe doing an egg/potato salad from time to time).  my major thing to kick to the curb is mee goreng ramen noodles because they're so cheap and easy to make, but i get that they're doing me no favours.

i've just done some reading up about starchy veg, and its great to see that it's perfectly normal to eat 4-5 sweet potatoes a week. that could be me!

I eat some potato, either sweet or white, pretty much every day.

Day 2 of first 30 and I have a new obsession ... Bananas and almond butter ... I also made a great raspberry vinegrette. Was disappointed to find out that my Ibuproohen has cornstarch so have to find another headache cure ... Maybe an essential oil like peppermint

Thinking I'll join the August 1st Whole30 group....

Just finishing my first Whole 30 today and not sure I'm ready for re-introduction yet--I need another month (with a couple slight modifications for myself).

For all of you getting ready to start in on your first Whole30... I can tell you it's an adventure and it's rewarding! You can do it!

Definitely look to the forum, especially the advanced users' comments, as they'll have many insights into challenges you're experiencing.

Get ready!

I'm starting my first Whole 30 on August 1st too. It's almost here. I'm excited to have a lot of company on this journey. Is anyone subscribing to the daily newsletter? I have both books so don't know if that offers anything new. Good luck to every one!!

Archived