Start date Aug 1

Mary2244

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The newsletter has some information that's already in the book but also new information. I found that I looked forward to the newsletter each morning and 'checking in' on them in the evening after completing a successful day. ~Just an additional piece of motivation to stay true to the program.

So....I'm probably going to ask this alot if you all aren't inclined to offer it...but I'm very interested in what you are eating each day.

Just know you have an appreciative audience even if all you have to say is, "I had a hard boiled egg."

:)

Today I ate a peach for breakfast (and not only did I have only a peach for breakfast, but it was also at lunch time), then at lunch I went out...I know...day one and a bad breakfast, and dealing with eating out!! I had a 100% beef hamburger, no bun or sauce. I added avocado and egg, and it came with lettuce, tomato, pickles, and a little side salad (I checked their balsamic bottle!) of shredded purple cabbage and grated carrot, and baked sweet potato fries. Very, very tasty, and compliant.

I am starting today, August 1st, as well. I have tried to do a Whole30 twice in the past two years and both times failed. Not sure why I didn't make it as I felt fantastic for the days I was on it. August seems like a good time because there are less "events" this month to deal with but it boils down to just doing it no matter what. Like others on this thread, I have a sugar problem. I love to cook so enjoy trying new recipes.  I collect cookbooks and love Well Fed and WF2. Just got Nom Nom in this past week.  I have a couple of itsy bitsy minor health issues and would like to see if they clear on the Whole30 which may need to go beyond 30 days for me. Let's do this!

I am starting today, August 1st, as well. I have tried to do a Whole30 twice in the past two years and both times failed. Not sure why I didn't make it as I felt fantastic for the days I was on it. August seems like a good time because there are less "events" this month to deal with but it boils down to just doing it no matter what. Like others on this thread, I have a sugar problem. I love to cook so enjoy trying new recipes.  I collect cookbooks and love Well Fed and WF2. Just got Nom Nom in this past week.  I have a couple of itsy bitsy minor health issues and would like to see if they clear on the Whole30 which may need to go beyond 30 days for me. Let's do this!

I know you'll do it this time!  I am also a huge sugar addict and it only seems to get worse.  This plan totally makes sense to me.  We can do anything for 30 days.  We live in a country with so much access to bad food so there will be challenges but I know this is doable.  Good luck to you!

I'm starting my second Whole30 today since I completely went off the rails on vacation. The great thing is that I had just finished my first one right before vacation and I had so much energy! The bad thing is that now I can hardly get out of bed on time. Hopefully the low energy time will pass quickly once I start putting good food in.

Shoot. Reading this string made me look at my ibuprofen. I took 4 yesterday. I didn't know it has corn starch and lactose! I'm on day 4 and was going to follow you all since you are close to my start date. I can't decide if this means I should start my count over, or if that makes me obsessive. I've been otherwise perfect! (well, eating-wise  ;) ) Thoughts?

Your Ibuprofen doesn't count. Take it as needed. No need to start over.

My Husband and I are starting today also. We have been stocking up with compliant food for the last two weeks and started trying the recipes. They are great. My husband made some of the whole thirty ketsup this morning and it turned out fantastic. I do no think we will be hungry or missing much (ok maybe wine and mojtos) for the next 30 days. Good luck to all!

Awesome to see so many people starting today! I, too, am doing my first ever run at this. I'm excited because I have support from all of my coworkers (relatively small office). They all love bringing in chips, doughnuts, etc. and told me they'd stop while I'm doing my Whole30. So thoughtful! :-)

I look forward to the journey along with you all!

My husband and I started today as well, after easing into it for about a week. I made a breakfast casserole yesterday that had a pound of chorizo, 10oz baby kale, two diced and sautéed bell peppers, two diced and sautéed onions, and 18 eggs. We both had about a sixth of the casserole for breakfast (him a little more, me a little less), and I still struggled to finish my serving! I think that is what I will struggle with... Learning to space out my meals and eat enough at each meal so that I won't snack in between. I have heard that usually resolves itself in the first week so I am hopeful!

So on day 4 and going good. Planning on prepping in the kitchen all day for the week. Last night made a mix of ground beef , peppers , onions,mushrooms, organic diced tomato and tomato paste , garlic, basil, oregano over baked spaghetti squash. YUM!!

-------That sounds amazing!

Darn..already blown Day 1..ordered a Starbucks latte with soy milk..thinking that would be safe..ton of sugar in the milk...will know to research first going forward!

Breakfast - 2 eggs, egg whites, onions, peppers, tomoates, olive oil omlette

lunch - spring greens, boiled egg, carrot, peppers, tomato, hemp hearts, olive oil, balsamic vinegar.

Hey - if you see me doing anything off plan - let me know!!

I started today (August 1). I'm Australian, but I live in Beijing, China. I couldn't find coconut aminos here, and some other stuff is not readily available, and some is ghastly expensive, but I'm still excited. Day one done ;)

iherb.com is your friend for coconut aminos, bulk coconut oil, delicious dalfour prunes (and other dried fruit like raisins which are very treat like) etc. i think i'd better blog about that pronto...

Day 1 went better than I expected.

Meal 1 - bacon (w30 compliant), tomato, avocado lettuce wraps w/ watermelon spears and roasted butternut squash .

Meal 2 - chicken & salad of mixed greens, cucumbers, tomatoes, onions, black olives. Cherries afterward.

Meal 3 - wasn't really hungry so I ate a chomp stick w/ steamed broccoli & cauliflower and small amount of roasted butternut squash.

I was recently diagnosed with eosinophilic esophagitis (eoe) so I had to add a few foods to the off limits list (eggs, nuts, fish).

I'm used to having oats and egg whites for breakfast. I read where if you can't have "breakfast" foods for breakfast, just call it Meal #1. Simple change but it helped because I associate certain foods to the word "Breakfast" where Meal #1 is neutral.

I look forward to hearing how everyone else in the group did. Wishing you all well.

Archived