Is this breakfast sausage legit?

notkevinmyrick

Hello,

Just woke up and wondering if I can eat this "Organic" chicken breakfast sausage. It says no added antibiotics, nitrates, and gluten or msg. The ingredients on the back say "organic uncured chicken, water, organic seasoning (organic corn syrup solids, organic evaporated cane syrup, sea salt, organic parsely, organic spices, and dehydrated organic apples.

I did have one of these lastnight.

Best,

Kevin M

Cocktail sauce might be fine, might not--best to ask.

On starting over, your call, I guess. There are somethings (like dairy and gluten and soy) where having 30 consecutive days without them is super critical. I don't know if that is true with sugar.

If you personally have big sugar issues, I would start over. If not, I would keep going and just be much more mindful of reading labels, etc.

Of course, there is nothing wrong with extending, if that feels right to you. Go whole 41!

Yea I'm not really a sugar junkie, so I may be ok. I'm thinking if I can make my way thru this. I'm gonna try and shoot for back to back whole30's I think I'll keep striving this is really as far as I got without having to completely start over. Dairy, Gluten, and Soy I'm pretty sure I have been without during this program. I have been logging everything i eat with the Evernote application i highly reccommend it. It's a great app. And logging my food has given me the ability to really see what is going in my system. Thanks for the support!!

To me the great thing about discovering a particular food is not the best choice for a Whole30 and then discovering a compliant replacement for it is that now I know what to buy for the rest of my life!

Instead of getting upset that I learned something is not Whole30 compliant, I see each little discovery as a challenge and a victory. One by one I swap out various items in our home for more healthy ones. Ketchup, mustard, hot dogs, luncheon meat, sausage, marinara, salsa, ground beef, eggs, snacks, etc. The old staples are gone, replaced with better ones. Some things I just stopped buying because different choices replaced them. No more granola bars, now it's simply fruit and nuts. No more commercial mayo since I learned it's super easy to make my own. It's been a focus of mine all year to reduce processed foods in favor of whole foods, as well as to buy more organic produce and grass-fed meat or wild-caught seafood. As a family we are doing so much better now in September than we were in January. There is still room for improvement, but I can see the positive changes adding up each month to a really significant shift in the right direction. I may be the only Paleo one in my home, but we all eat better today than we did last year. :)

Best of luck with your Whole30. Don't get too overwhelmed with it. Just keep moving in the right direction. It's been worth it to me!

Archived