The ship sails again! Anchors aweigh!!

fmr_sailor

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes Sailor you're doing great. How many eggs can you hold in your hand? Three for me!

That's how many for your meal ( pre/post w/o doesn't count) okay?

And the fact that you are hungrier says your hormones may be resetting! Yeah you.

Keep going strong.

I can easily hold 4, even though the thought of eating that many on a regular basis makes me uncomfortable. But I'm usually making the 4-5 hour mark.

The rest of Day Seven:

M2 (12:05): chicken burger with half an avocado; rest of turnips/greens (maybe 1/2 cup); five round slices of sweet potato with almost a teaspoon of ghee; spring mix with baby carrots dressed with balsamic & oil; peach.

Pre-WO: 2 hb eggs, open handful of olives (I was hungry already. That's why so much. Felt that hungry-headache coming on.)

**CrossFit**

Post-WO: three small strips of pork chops, four bites of sweet potato

M3 (6:30): unrolled cabbage rolls--ground beef, cabbage, fire roasted tomatoes, onion sautéed in oil & ghee. Added some diced avocado (1/4) to top and a tablespoon of oil. Had a little bit of seconds because it tasted SO GOOD, then felt guilty. Then I got over it :-)

Joined and did my first regular CrossFit class this afternoon. I REALLY like it! It's so different from anything I've ever done before. I almost turned around and went home when I was on my way because I was nervous about something new. But I'm so glad I went!! Can't wait to go again.

I bought a juicer after watching that movie too. I think I made it 5 days on a juice cleanse - felt awful most of the time. The sugar rushes and crashes from the fruit & veg just about killed me!  I do like the occasional green juice but I think the juicer now will just be used to create flavoring & 2nd ferment juices for my kombucha. 

Wow, seems like me, you, and Britishgal have even more in common. Only I never ended up with the juicer. (Hubby said no, too expensive right now. But jumped on the Whole30 boat before I was even sure I wanted to do it! Lol)

Totally! My sister mentioned it to me like 6 months ago in some conversation. somehow the name "whole 30" stuck and all of a sudden one day 3 month'ish ago I googled it. Read all the online info and PM'd my sister to see if she wanted to do it with me. That was on a Wednesday - I ordered the Whole 30 book the same day, had it by Friday and we started that Monday.  I'm not one to wait around and think about things to long I guess. :D

Totally! My sister mentioned it to me like 6 months ago in some conversation. somehow the name "whole 30" stuck and all of a sudden one day 3 month'ish ago I googled it. Read all the online info and PM'd my sister to see if she wanted to do it with me. That was on a Wednesday - I ordered the Whole 30 book the same day, had it by Friday and we started that Monday. I'm not one to wait around and think about things to long I guess. :D

I tend to jump into things myself! (Uh, CrossFit) I found out about the Whole30 on a Weight Watchers Facebook group page. I read about it online and thought, "No way, that's crazy! You can't be a runner and eat like that!" But still my curiosity was piqued, and I bought ISWF on iBooks. I was even more intrigued. Bought the Whole30 book at Barnes & Noble because sometimes it's nice to HOLD a book. Told my husband and mom about it, and they were ALL IN. I was still unsure when I started on July 1, when they decided to start.

My mom quit on July 3rd, and my husband has quit when I did because he feels like he can't do it without me doing it too. (Food and all. Even though when I quit, I still cooked compliant meals. Hmmm....) My mom never wanted to do it again. And when I make it past tonight, I've gone the longest yet, haha.

My family don't get whole30 and I don't think I've even mentioned the name to them. My mother believes starchy grain carbs are essential (she told me so today though, bless her, she has embraced the wheat allergy info like a champ and is now pressurising me to eat rice...I lied for an easy life) and my little sister works for a big cereal company so no hope there!

One of the only advantages of being single is deciding what I spend money on...hence the lovely looking but useless juicer ;)

*whispers* I've never read the book...in fact I haven't read any of them. I found all the info online

My family don't get whole30 and I don't think I've even mentioned the name to them. My mother believes starchy grain carbs are essential (she told me so today though, bless her, she has embraced the wheat allergy info like a champ and is now pressurising me to eat rice...I lied for an easy life) and my little sister works for a big cereal company so no hope there!

One of the only advantages of being single is deciding what I spend money on...hence the lovely looking but useless juicer ;)

*whispers* I've never read the book...in fact I haven't read any of them. I found all the info online

My husband works for Chick-fil-A (fast food chicken, but great customer service, very family friendly), but he has to bring chicken from home when he's doing Whole30. Lol

;) a few months ago I refused to do the all bran challenge as 2 bowls of cereal with milk a day (I loath milk and it makes me blow up like a balloon) didn't strike me as an optimal diet...we don't talk about cereal anymore (but she is fab overall and is very careful about wheat now)

;) a few months ago I refused to do the all bran challenge as 2 bowls of cereal with milk a day (I loath milk and it makes me blow up like a balloon) didn't strike me as an optimal diet...we don't talk about cereal anymore (but she is fab overall and is very careful about wheat now)

We never really kept cow's milk in the house. We used vanilla soymilk until the Whole30. Now we've converted over to cashew milk. Only one out of my three kids won't use it....for their cereal. Oh the shame to admit, they are still eating cereal. But sometimes they eat eggs with me also!!

My son has necer really eaten cereal. Like me doesn't like milk. Plus he's half Chinese and lactose intolerances run through his dad's family (and me). He is an egg fiend but now believes the best breakfast is steak ;)

I never ever have milk of any kind in...

My son has necer really eaten cereal. Like me doesn't like milk. Plus he's half Chinese and lactose intolerances run through his dad's family (and me). He is an egg fiend but now believes the best breakfast is steak ;)

I never ever have milk of any kind in...

I'm with him. I love leftover steak for breakfast!

Day Eight:

Pre-WO: hb egg

Workout: Weights class 5:45-6:45 am

Post-WO: 3 chunks of chicken and 3 bites of sweet potato

M1 (7:30): leftover curry chicken salad, leftover butternut squash with ghee, one chicken Apple sausage, green beans with ghee.

Want to eat All. The. Things. this morning. So hungry when I got home from the gym that I didn't even know what I wanted. So I just starting eating stuff. Some of it was eaten standing at the kitchen sink. Oops!

M2 (12:10): hamburger (85/15) over greens topped with a fried egg and mayo; fist size of potatoes cooked in oil; mix of sugar snap peas and carrots with ghee; Tessemae's ketchup on the side.

Really proud of this meal! It was delicious, well balanced with the Whole30 elements, and very filling. I was trying to save some of the veggies for another meal, but I ended up eating the rest of them because they were so good! I wish I liked tomatoes because a pretty slice of red tomato would've looked great on top of the egg. Maybe next time some purple onion and red bell pepper slices. Photo pretty anyway! (@fmr_sailor on Instagram)

M3 (5:15): can of tuna with hard boiled egg, mayo and spicy mustard; huge salad with carrots and olives, balsamic & oil; about a cup of steamed cauliflower with curry powder sprinkled on.

Workout: Zumba 6:30-7:30 pm

Well, found out the hard way that meal three definitely needs to be earlier on Tuesday nights. I had an off and on tummy ache all through class tonight. I was still able to teach fine, but I was always a little uncomfortable. Now that I'm home, I feel like I've got food halfway up my esophagus, and a tummy ache still. That was a lot of food/fat before a workout. I'll fix it next week by timing dinner at like 4:30 that way I'll have two hours before class. Lesson learned. (The hard way always seems to be the easiest way for me!)

I am having regular energy for the workouts I was already accustomed to doing before the Whole30, so no more dragging at the gym. My runs are still a bit harder, but I think that's more because of a new weights routine in class and CrossFit, of course. Waiting for the magic, lol.

Ha! Today is day nine. Further than I've made it in my past attempts!! My eight year old daughter said that if I don't make it to day 10, she was gonna sneeze out her ears. ??? That's her way of encouraging me! She asks me everyday if I'm still on the Whole30. :-)

M1 (7:05): 3 scrambled eggs in coconut oil; green beans and cauliflower with ghee; small bowl of mixed berries. I'm full!

Leading Weight Watchers meeting this morning and evening. We are talking about emotional versus physical hunger. Seems applicable with the Whole30 also. :-) I've never considered myself an emotional eater, but I am, just not in the way I think of when someone else says they are. When I'm happy, THAT'S when I want to eat. However, this morning, things were a little rough in the house. Ok, I was a little rough. And when I was feeling really angry, I thought that I should just quit the Whole30 because who cares anyway. It was just the flash of a thought that was gone in a second, but the fact that it showed up is surprising to me.

I'm like that sailor...miserable and I don't eat but happy I eat loads ;)

Yay on the milestone (and I love your daughters expression!) xx

I was thinking about it this morning and wanted to ask how YOUR month is going? Are you shooting for a Whole60??

I'm thinking of doing a whole67 to take me up to just after Toby goes back to school - starting reintros the day after a friends 50th (I don't want to be bloated and icky for the evening!)

I'm not testing wheat, it's an allergy that I'm being assessed for rather than an intolerance so it's too risky to just cold test it. I'm testing rice, nachos, garden peas, chickpeas, cows cheese/cream (probably not good!), goats cheese/cream (hopefully fine) and potato skins.

I have loads on in the weekends that month though so I'll be doing reintros slowly avoiding the days before social functions. I'll be giving my body loads of time...a week after cows dairy day before testing anything else for example.

Day Eight:

I am having regular energy for the workouts I was already accustomed to doing before the Whole30, so no more dragging at the gym. My runs are still a bit harder, but I think that's more because of a new weights routine in class and CrossFit, of course. Waiting for the magic, lol.

^^^^^ YAY!!^^^

And congrats on day 9. :D

The rest of Day Nine:

M2 (12:45): burger with mayo, one hot dog, sugar snap peas & carrots with ghee, sweet potato (fist) with ghee; spring mix salad with balsamic & oil

M3 (5:20): leftover unrolled spinach rolls with 1/2 tablespoon olive oil added; 7 small quarters of leftover potatoes (less than fist size); slightly more than my open hand of olives.

"Still a little hungry" snack (9:15): hb egg, spoon of almond butter. (Was feeling the hungry-headache coming on. Still a bit hungry before bed, but I flossed and brushed. I'm done!)

Feeling good at the end of day 10. I didn't workout today because I'm still experiencing some soreness from Monday and Tuesday workouts. Easing into the new stuff. CrossFit at 5:30 tomorrow morning then a run. Post-WO meal ready to go!

Archived