Retro Timeline - my wacky Whole30

I am on day 24 of my Whole30, and rather than tiger blood, I am having the headaches and weird dreams of days 2-10. Last night I dreamt I had eaten a sausage mcmuffin then lamented my mistake - because it truly was not intentional - because I ruined my whole30 so close to the end. I was truly relieved to wake up and realize it was a dream!

I do have loads of energy - but at the same time feel I could sleep all day. I could go either way.

But no tiger blood, sadly.

The reality is, some folks never experience Tiger Blood on a Whole30.  Read more about it and the different types of energy people have reported here

That all being said, if you'd like input on what you've been eating, post 2-3 days worth of your food log, including portion sizes, daily water consumption, nightly hours of sleep and any exercise, and folks here can give you feedback.

I recently upped my protein and fat intake. But here goes:

In addition - with breakfast & 1 additional cup after, I have coffee with about 2 tbsp of coconut milk

Today:

M1 - four eggs, scrambled in coconut oil with asparagus & tomatoes, avocado & red pepper sauce from W30 book

M2 - Huge salad, avocado w/homemade ranch & protein salad

Yesterday:

M1 - 2 c kale with bacon, 3 eggs, 1 tbsp basil-garlic mayo

M2 - roasted chicken, basil mayo, red cabbage, green beans & peppers sauteed in coconut oil

M3 - Turkey meatballs with zoodles in tomato sauce, huge salad, avocado & homemade goddess dressing

'Several pint glasses' may not be enough. You need to be drinking at least half an ounce of water per pound of body weight so if you weigh 180lbs you need to be drinking 90 fl oz. There are only 16 US fl oz in a pint glass (20 imperial fl oz for those of us in the UK) so 90 fl oz would equate to more than 5 & 1/2 pint glasses minimum per day, more if you're active or it's particularly hot.

Apart from that I'm ot seeing any starchy veg in your meals. The starch will help two-fold - it will help you feel less tired, and when taken later in the day (say with M3) will often help with sleep.

Winding down on my day 30! I have finally cracked the code - all the wackiness I had experienced, the back and forth on the timeline symptoms, increased my fat and protein at each meal, and added a bit of starchy to my dinner meal - amazing what that little bit of starch can do! I sleep waaaaaaay better, and am less cranky, not fuzzy headed. YAY for that!

What am I doing tomorrow, day 31? Well,for one, I am going to weigh myself! Then go for a walk! Then, saute some veggies in coconut oil and add some eggs to that, and some avocado and EAT IT. And have my left over whole 30 compliant dinner for lunch.

I *will* have a glass of wine tomorrow night! With my whole 30 dinner. I want to stay mostly Whole30. See where that takes me.

Archived