July 27 to August 27th

lmccuistion

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello everybody,

I will also be starting on Monday.  I have read "It Starts with Food" and also purchased the "Well Fed" books to get some good ideas what to buy and make (as well as reviewing a lot of info in the Whole30 blogs). I've cleaned out my refrigerator and cupboards, segregating the "no no" foods until I finish the 30 days and start the reintroduction process.  I did go to Whole Foods mainly to pick up the staples and condiments and will continue to use my regular grocery store for meat, veges and fruits. It carries a lot of organic food.  I was just waiting until I had prepared a menu for the week and am going to purchase the food tomorrow.  This is my first time and want to be successful.  I am about 20 pounds overweight and a Type II Diabetic.  My general health and strength is good considering I'm 59 but know that I want to stay healthy.  I've had some gastro problems, the A1c when up this last test and think my hormones are out of whack since I've got acne all over my chin in the last couple months.  My Achilles heal is bread and other grain products and I've been very bad about avoiding sugar.

So here goes.  Hope all of us in the group do well and can share information. 

Sincerely,

SeaQueen

I'm starting Monday too. Super excited I found this group. We can all cheer eachother on and keep eachother on track. I'm a travel nurse and currently suffering from Lyme Disease which is my main motivation for completing this program. I used to be very active but find myself laying on the couch most days I'm not working. Hopefully this program will help my body fight and recover.

Hello All, 

I am going to start another whole 30 on Monday. Did the first one April 27th - May 27th with great success. Lost weight, felt great and really benefited from taking all processed food out of my diet. I really have basically continued to eat this way but in the last week I feel like the sugar dragon is roaring it's ugly head and I am making some less healthy choices. Saw this thread this morning and thought it would be a good time to do another whole 30 and get back on track. Looking forward to getting to know all of you and going through this journey together. 

• Moderators

I am starting Monday as well.  Are most of you following a meal plan?

Hi, loveandlight. If you want a sort of meal plan, I'd suggest something like the weekly cookup concept -- it's more like making sure you have plenty of foods on hand to get you through most of the week. From that same blog, there are actually four Whole30 weekly meal plans, with shopping lists and instructions -- the first one is here, and the other three are linked at the bottom of that post. For me, that's easier than planning out each and every meal for a whole week, although you're certainly welcome to do that, if that's what you're comfortable with.

There are other Whole30 meal plans out there from various bloggers, google Whole30 meal plan, just be sure you review all the recipes and make sure they're truly compliant, and not just that the ingredients are compliant, but that they're not using paleo pancakes or fauxtmeal or other SWYPO type foods, and for best results make sure the meals follow the meal template

My husband and I are starting tomorrow as well! This is my husband's first and my 3rd round, I'm not counting the 3 weeks I did while I was pregnant ;)

I anticipate my challenges being: keeping my husband full enough, staying on top of shopping (you go through produce/eggs/meat SO fast!), and just the general chaos of cooking 3x a day with a toddler and newborn. 

I am determined to master homemade mayo this time! 

SeaQueen-- I can tell you from personal experience that this a FANTASTIC way to eat for those with diabetes! I am type 1 and I have been able to reduce my insulin way way way down, and I know of at least 1 type 2 diabetic who has been able to kick type 2 to the curb. 

All the best to you!! (and everyone else here starting tomorrow too  :D ) This is really a great way to go. 

I am starting Monday as well.  Are most of you following a meal plan?

I am, sort of. I took some of the recipes from the 7 day plan in the new book, swapped some stuff for stuff I liked better and have been cooking/preparing some stuff today so I'm not caught flat footed. I tend to be the pick something up on the way girl so I know I have to plan ahead to be successful, lol.

I start tomorrow as well. I have a lot if weight to lose. But more importantly I want to be healthy and active. I cleaned out the fridge and bought Whole30 compliant food. I'll be up early tomorrow to make breakfast and lunch. Looking forward to doing the program with all of you!

I am starting Monday as well. Are most of you following a meal plan?

I am not following thr meal plan. After reading the Whole30 and going through recipes in Well Fed and on Pinterest i created my meal plan for the week. Im taking this week by week. Cleared out the fridge and stocked up on all the Whole30 approved foods. Excited to get started!

I'm starting Monday too. Super excited I found this group. We can all cheer eachother on and keep eachother on track. I'm a travel nurse and currently suffering from Lyme Disease which is my main motivation for completing this program. I used to be very active but find myself laying on the couch most days I'm not working. Hopefully this program will help my body fight and recover.

I currently have Lyme Disease as well.  I did my first round of Whole30 starting on April 27th and went strong for 41 days.  It really helped with my Lyme Disease symptoms.  

Good Morning all! 

I also don't follow a specific mealplan, but having been through this before it is key to have the house stocked with whole 30 compliant foods at the ready. I think the best thing I learned from the first round was that though it may not seem like it now it really does become very easy, almost natural to stay compliant as long as you have good food choices!! I personally have a few go to meals that if I know I can always eat (frozen shrimp and veggies, or veggie omlet are two of my favorites). 

Good luck everyone, looking forward to hearing about your Journey! 

Happy Monday!

Archived