July 27 to August 27th

lmccuistion

Great job everyone!!!!! I feel like I will continue this way of eating. I lost 10 lbs and need to lose more so I am not giving up on this. My skin looks clearer, I sleep better and my moods are more even. Im going to make my kids and hubs more meals that are whole30 compliant. Looking forward to having some wine tonight then I am back on to Whole30.

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We did it!! Congrats to all who stuck it out and finished your Whole30! I couldn't resist and hopped on that scale this morning. Lost 8 pounds this round making my grand total 48 lbs since I started eating clean in the end of March. So many NSV's the greatest of which is that I like feeling the way I feel when I'm eating clean and that is motivation enough to keep it up. I haven't found any real food sensitivities, (when I did a pseudo reintro after my last whole30) but I do know I have trigger foods that will cause me to overeat. Even if it's "healthy" food I still have to learn to control portions and to stop when I am full. I hope everyone continues to post their reintroduction experience, it always is helpful to hear about what others are struggling with. 

Thanks to all who have shared, encouraged, supported and helped to make this journey a wonderful experience!!

Happy Wednesday All!!

Hi all and CONGRATS!!!  Here's where I am after 30 (now 31!) days:

1. As someone who has gotten 2-3 headaches a week for my entire life, 1-2 migraines a month and tried EVERYTHING, I had no headaches fro 21 days in a row. Literally a miracle for me - they left on Day 10 and never came back...until last night when I had a small glass of red wine.  So, now I know that red wine is at least part of the issue, and will look into organic, low tannen, natural sulfite and European (less sugar) wines, so that I can have a glass every now and then hopefully without the pain.  My husband and I are wine collectors and this is a blow, but the silver lining for our friends and family is that they will be getting gifts of really nice wines from our collection!

2. Lost 8 pounds!  

3. Have now gotten into a great rhythm of cooking with lots of veggies and protein and healthy fats - after reintroduction my plan is to keep breakfast and lunch pretty much 100% compliant, and to add just a little bit of dairy (cheese) and grains (rice, farro, etc) back in for variety.  It feels so good to be in such a healthy places!

4. Next Whole 30 in mid-October to get myself in good shape for the holidays!

Thank ALL of you for your help and great stories.  So proud of all of us!  xoxo

Congrats to us!!!  I lost 6.4 pounds and 5 inches.  I am finally in the 140s after about a year of struggling.  I still have about 15 that I would like to lose.  I am adding back some stevia to my hot tea and iced tea, and a little skim milk into my hot tea....tasted so great this am!  I am also going to add some cheese to my salads and not worry about trace sugar in salad dressings/sauces (2 grams or less).  I feel sure that gluten and sugar are not my friends so am going to stay clear of them.  After another 30 days with these introductions, I will see where I am and re-evaluate.  I may eventually add in some corn and legumes....just will see how I am feeling.  I have not had any diet coke for 30 days and will continue with that....nothing good that comes from drinking it :D  Thankful for the support of this group and having a place to check in.

Congrats to everyone who finished all 30 days! I did take some time to appreciate my non-scale victories - healthy nails, skin, increased energy and more consistent energy. I still struggle with bloating, so I think I need to experiment more with veggies.

I did hop on the scale this morning and was very pleased - down 15 lbs since day 1! I didn't take measurements but my clothes fit much better.

I decided to reintroduce oats (gluten-free) this morning instead of legumes. I plan on sticking with a predominantly paleo diet, and luckily my boyfriend has 15 days left of his whole30, so it pretty much guarantees compliant dinners!

Congratulations everyone!!! I have not hopped on the scale nor do I plan to any time soon because that's not the goal.  I wanted to train myself to eat healthier.  got through the 30 days but I feel that's half the battle.  Now on to the reintroduction phase! I gots some planning to do.

So the past three days haven't been so great. I decided to have a few off plan items at a potluck on Friday at work. I'm glad I did because what I had was amazing! Then the power went out Saturday morning and I was off plan the whole weekend as a result. I was essentially camping indoors eating dehydrated meals using my minimo backpacking stove and now my body is rejecting me. Not only is my stomach hurting but I can't stop pooping. My body is saying HELL NO! :( Luckily the power is back on and I can get back on track. I think I may need a few more weeks to recover. M big problem now is I have a few overnight backpacking trips coming up and trying to figure out how to cook without carrying a cooler. I wonder if they have paleo freeze-dried backpacking meals.

How's the Re-Intro phase for everyone?

@eterry, hope you feel better!

I almost gave in the other day and re-introduced sugar in the form of a Caramel Macchioto (sp?).  And then the sun came out, and I was glad that I had not caved.  I need to remember the sun is ALWAYS out behind the clouds (just in case I want another froofy-drink!). 

Best to Everyone!

So I did stellar during the 30 days but haven't been as disciplined during the reintroduction phase.  It has still been helpful as I've noticed a few things that have not set well, such as:  salad dressing (I'm going to stick to lemon, olive oil or red wine vinegar for now), a little ice-cream was OK but trying to go for a bigger portion was not good, yogurt (Fage with cherries) set well at first but I did get gas, and finally corn tortillas on their own or with a little cheese was OK but not so with butter.  I haven't tried bread yet so we'll see.  Except for the ice-cream I haven't started using sugar in my coffee, trying to stick with the coconut milk as long as I can.  Cutting the sugar has been the best result of this program.

I ended up losing 5 lbs. after the first 30 days and seemed to drop a couple more pounds after so I was very pleased with that. I still hope to see if a certain food with help with my psoriasis/exzema. 

Hope everyone else has found this program to be worthwhile.

Not sure if anyone is still checking this thread but thought I would post a quick summary of my reintroduction experience. I was very careful to follow the rules this time and truly did a very slow roll testing only one food group at a time. After testing each food group I tried "combo" days and enjoyed a slice of pizza or a bowl of cereal with milk. I really haven't found any food that I can say really bothers my system or makes me feel different, and I would definitely conclude that I really believe the years of feeling crappy, bloated, and weight gain were from all the artificial and processed foods that made up a large part of my diet. 

I do think that I will continue to restrict sugar, legumes, dairy, grains and gluten from my diet, but will allow myself to eat those foods when I want them. This way of eating has really become very natural and I find that I really don't want many of the things that I used to think I couldn't live without. I know I will do another Whole 30 in the future because I like having specific rules to follow. I also know it will be my "go to" if I ever start to feel out of control. 

I lost 4 more pounds during reintro making my grand total 52 pounds. Wow, did I really just type that!! 

Just want to thank everyone who supported me along the way and I hope you are all doing well. Hope we meet again in another forum or thread in the future!!

Archived