Success!!!! Halfway through Whole 30 #2

Keri W.

I just want to let everyone know that it seems that I continue to feel better and better the longer I stick with this. I felt great during first whole 30, but I feel even better 16 days into my next whole 30. Amazing! I've also received wonderful compliments from people regarding my glowing skin and obvious weight loss. It has been so drastic of a change in me, that four clients of mine have been inspired to also give this a try! Very exciting! I have not stepped on the scale once since beginning my first whole 30, but yesterday I put on a pair of jeans that I haven't worn in a long time. THEY WERE LOOSE!!!! I don't need a scale. This is WAY more awesome than seeing a stupid number that then dictates how I should feel about myself. :D

Awesome! I finished my first W30 about a month ago, and I'm thinking about doing a second Whole30 in October. Riding your own bike is trickier than I expected, and I am definitely learning a lot about my triggers (gluten, lack of sleep, my period), weaknesses (red wine, exercise), and strengths (enjoyment of preparing and eating healthy food, sugar dragon usually very tiny). Another round of 30 days of pureness will probably strengthen my strengths, and help me focus on the things I've learned to be my problem areas.

Nice post, Keri-thanks for that. I finish 30 days on saturday, and plan to dive right back in on sunday. I haven't tried on jeans yet-I am hoping for good results there, but you may have convinced me to just blow off the scale and not even check. I play such games with my head when I weigh myself- isn't amazing how that stupid # can hold such a heavy weight over your day ??! At 47, I am well past the days of sharing/showing off my weight with my friends. Geez...

And compliments ROCK !!!

Good luck, Bridget! Forget about the scale! I have a friend that just started doing her first Whole 30 and she desperately wants to step on the scale. I reminded her of the crazy scale torture...you feel great, you're excited because you just KNOW you've lost weight, your clothes feel better, and your body feels lighter...soooooo, you think that you should step on the scale and see how well you've done. Then...disappointment strikes when you see that the number on the scale is not quite what you had hoped for. This then ruins your attitude and places doubt in your mind, regarding your new efforts with food. If you don't step on the scale, you focus on how you truly feel and notice the changes in your body. The scale is completely inaccurate. Don't bother with it. I put my scale in the basement and I refuse to touch it. I feel great physically and mentally. I don't need the scale. I know changes are happening and I will get to my perfect weight when my body is ready. In the mean time, I know I'm doing good things for my body and getting healthier every day. For once, I actually feel good about myself and my efforts. That is all that really matters! B)

Good for you! So encouraging to read about you feeling "great physically and mentally" -- and saying to heck with the scale. :)

I am in the last days of my first Whole30, and I stepped on the scale twice in the first 12 days (tsk, tsk), but I haven't been in the least bit tempted since. I don't know what my results will be on day 31 -- and I plan to continue with a second Whole30 right away -- but one thing that I will take as a good sign is the impulse purchase of a bikini top.... I haven't worn a bikini in years, and many folks might avert their eyes and I still shouldn't, but I decided I was tired of my body hate. I still pretty much hated my naked body when I weighed 15-20 pounds less (I'm 5'2", so that is a big deal), so I think the real change is (and needs to be) in my head.

Archived