JulieP's WF30 Log

JulieP757

I completed WF30 #4 right before I left for vacation June 13th.  I was pretty good on vacation, but I didn't do the food testing part of the program.  Also, I discovered late in the WF30 that the Listerine strips I had been using contained caraggeen, so I really didn't do 30 days of clean eating.  So, I am back.  I've had a few false starts with WF30 #5 - having issues getting my head in the game.  I thought logging my food would help.

Day 1

Meal 1 - 3 eggs scrambled with half an Applegate Farms Italian sausage, onions, mushrooms, red peppers and tomato w a few slices of sweet potato sauteed in ghee.  Black coffee.

Meal 2 - big salad w baby greens, spinach, kale, carrots, red pepper, cucumber, tomato and green olives topped w a burger.  Dressed w EVOO and balsamic.

Meal 3 - Bake salmon, roasted veggies (green beans, carrots, cauliflower, mushrooms and zucchini), half a baked sweet potato w ghee and a few strawberries.

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Made it through Day 1 - Yay!  

Day 2

Meal 1 - 3 eggs scrambled with half an Applegate Farms Italian sausage, onions, mushrooms, red peppers and tomato w a few slices of sweet potato sauteed in ghee.  Black coffee.

Meal 2 - big salad w baby greens, spinach, kale, carrots, red pepper, cucumber, tomato and green olives topped w kalua pig.  Dressed w EVOO and balsamic.

Meal 3 - NY strip steak, small baked potato w ghee and roasted veggies (green beans, mushrooms, carrots and cauliflower).  Finished up w a small dish of fresh organic blueberries topped with some coconut milk.

Made it through Day 2 - Whew!  If I can just do it a week, I'll be hooked...

Day 3

M1 - half an Aidell Chicken Apple Sausage sautéed w onions, mushrooms, red pepper and cherry tomatoes and then scrambled w 3 eggs.  Had a couple slices of sweet potato sauteed in ghee too and 2 cups of black coffee.

M2 - big salad of baby greens, spinach and kale, cucumber, red pepper, tomato, avocado, carrots topped w leftover strip steak and dressed w EVOO and balsamic.

M3 - roasted chicken, roasted veggies (green beans, carrots, mushrooms, cauliflower and zucchini) and half a baked sweet potato w ghee, small portion of frozen cherries w a few spoonfuls of coconut milk on top.

Doing a body pump class plus cardio in the late afternoon.  Skipped the pre-workout snack because I'd eaten lunch 2 hours prior and was not hungry.  Post work out snack a few slices of strip steak and sweet potato.  

Day 4 - Well - I hurt my back last night during body pump class last night.  I wasn't doing anything out of the norm - just stretching after the bicep track and all the sudden my back grabbed and I could not move.  It's been acting up for a few weeks now, so I can't say I am surprised.  Had to go to Patient First.  Got some suped up anti-inflammatory meds, muscle relaxers and Vicodin.  I am supposed to wait 4 hours after taking the anti-inflammatory med and muscle relaxers before I can take the Vicodin.  I did't have time to wait that long last night, so I skipped it.  Needless to say, I was in pain all night long and slept like crap.  I am working from home today and icing my back every 15 minutes.

Food so far (hungry day):

M1 - 3 eggs scrambled w 1/2 a chicken apple sausage, mushrooms, onions, red pepper and cherry tomatoes served w butternut browns.  Black coffee

M2 (only  3 1/2 hours later) - steak, about half a baked sweet potato w ghee, generous portion of roasted veggies, half an avocado and 4 large cherry tomatoes.  We'll see how long that lasts me :).  I'm prepared to eat a mini-meal 4 if I have to.  I think the meds may be increasing my appetite.

Got my hunger under control the second half of the day.  Dinner was a big salad of baby greens, spinach, kale, cucumber, red pepper, cherry tomato and avocado topped w chicken salad (leftover roasted chicken, homemade mayo, celery, apple, dried cranberries - the kind sweetened a apple juice - and toasted pecans.

Day 5 -

Wow am I stiff this morning.  Had a rough night  - couldn't get comfortable no matter which way I turned.  Woke up very hungry, probably because I was awake more than I was asleep last night.

M1- 3 eggs scrambled w half a chicken apple sausage, onions, mushrooms, red peppers and cherry tomatoes, generous serving of roasted butternut squash sautéed in ghee and sprinkled w cinnamon and 2 cups black coffee.

M2 - big salad of baby greens, kale, spinach, cucumber, red pepper, cherry tomato and avocado topped w chicken salad (same as Day 4).

M3 - pork chop, half a baked sweet potato topped w ghee and cinnamon, roasted veggies (yellow squash, zucchini, carrots and green beans).  Adding a small peach topped w coconut milk. Yum!

Is it Day 6 already??  Yay - the days are just clicking by.  This isn't hard once you get  your head in the game.

M1- 2 eggs scrambled w half a chicken apple sausage, onions, mushrooms, red peppers and cherry tomatoes, generous serving of roasted butternut squash sautéed in ghee and sprinkled w cinnamon and 2 cups black coffee.

M2 - big salad of baby greens, kale, spinach, cucumber, red pepper, cherry tomato and avocado topped w chicken salad (same as Day 4).

M3 - pork chop, half a baked sweet potato topped w ghee and cinnamon, roasted veggies (yellow squash, zucchini, carrots and green beans), small serving of fresh organic blueberries topped w coconut milk.

Day 7 - 

M1- 3 eggs scrambled w half a chicken apple sausage, onions, mushrooms, red peppers and cherry tomatoes and 2 cups black coffee.

M3 - baked salmon, half a baked sweet potato topped w ghee and cinnamon, roasted veggies (yellow squash, zucchini, carrots and green beans).

Day 8 -

M1 - 3 eggs scrambled a 1/2 a chicken apple sausage, onions, mushrooms, red pepper and tomato and a side of butternut browns.  Black coffee

M2 - big salad w baby greens and spinach, cucumber, red pepper, radish, tomato, avocado topped w leftover pork chop and dressed w EVOO and balsamic.

M2- baked salmon, half a baked sweet potato w ghee and roasted veggies, small serving of fresh blueberries topped w coconut milk and pecans.

Food is not getting old yet.  Halfway through my salad at lunch I thought "this tastes amazing".

Day 9 -

M1 - 3 eggs scrambled in ghee, 3 1/2 pc compliant bacon, roasted butternut squash sauteed in ghee, generous serving of roasted veggies (carrots, green beans, yellow squash and zucchini).

M2 - While out running errands today, I all the sudden got so dizzy and weak I didn't think I was going to make it out of the store.  I ate the emergency Lara bar I had it my purse.  In retrospect, I think I needed salt.  Oh well - it was technically compliant.  Just not the best choice.  For lunch I made tuna salad w Wild Planet tuna, onion, celery, homemade mayo and mustard.  Put it on top of half a big sliced tomato, a sliced pickling cuke and half an avocado.  Drizzled that whole mess w balsamic and EVOO.  Sliced up a hard cooked egg too.  Yummy!

M3 - grilled burger w mayo and mustard, about half a baked sweet potato w ghee and cinnamon and roasted veggies.

Day 10 - 

It's been a week since I pulled a muscle in my lower back.  It's almost back to normal, but I think I need to wait another week before I attempt body pump class.  I will focus on walking and stretching exercises this week.

M1 - huh - not hungry.  AT ALL.  And it's been an hour since I woke up.  I made a big batch of breakfast mix - 4 Aidell chicken apple sausages, a big turnip, medium russet potato, whole red pepper, big container of mushrooms and 1/4 of a medium onion.  Diced everything up an cooked it in avocado oil in stages potatoes and turnips first, then added sausage, then onion, then mushrooms and finished w red peppers.  Portioned it up and froze several portions for later this week.  Today's breakfast - 3 eggs scrambled w breakfast mix, sliced tomato on the side.

I haven't planned out the rest of my meals yet.  Hard to do when food sounds so uninteresting.

Oh and I must be off schedule according to the timeline, because my pants are tight today.  I look all bloaty bloaty.

M2 - tuna salad (onions, celery, homemade mayo and mustard), 2 sliced hard cooked eggs, tomato and cucumber slices, 1/2 a sliced frozen banana w a dollop of almond butter.  Was feeling really hormonal then my dd came  home and said she'd just started her period.  Figures.

M3 - strip steak, onions and bell peppers sauteed in ghee, brussels sprout chips (brussels sprout leaves sprinkled w avocado oil and salt and roasted in a 400 degree oven until nice and brown.  Had a small dish of fresh mango topped w coconut milk and a sprinkle of flaked coconut.  Sooo good!

I've had a ton of water today, but I just feel off.  When to go to the gym for a walk and I was just too dizzy.  I think I am done taking the medication for my back.  Pretty sure that's the cause for the dizziness.

Day 11 -

M1 - breakfast mix w 3 scrambled eggs, leftover brussels sprout chips and a small piece of sweet potato w ghee (yup - I woke up hungry - even at 5 am)

M2 - big salad of baby greens, spinach and kale, carrots, red peppers, cucumbers, radish, tomato and avocado topped w tuna salad (onion, celery hm mayo and mustard) and hard cooked eggs.

M3 - leftover strip steak w peppers and onions, brussels sprout chips and roasted veggies (yellow squash, zucchini, cauliflower, mushrooms, green beans and carrots).  Added a small portion of fresh mango w coconut milk and a sprinkle of flaked coconut.

Day 12- 

M1 - breakfast mix (chicken apple sausage, turnip, potato, onion, red pepper and mushrooms) w 3 eggs, half an avocado and about 1/4 of a large tomato.  Black coffee

M2 - the other half of the big salad I made yesterday topped w tuna salad and hard cooked eggs.

M3 - kalua pig, sweet potato w ghee and roasted veggies.  I have a peach w coconut milk and a sprinkle of flaked coconut for M2 or M3.

Day 13

M1 - breakfast mix (chicken apple sausage, turnip, potato, onion, red pepper and mushrooms) and 1/4 of a large tomato w 3 eggs.  Black coffee

M2 - big salad of baby greens, spinach and kale, carrots, red peppers, cucumbers, radish, tomato and avocado topped w grilled chicken breast and hard cooked eggs.  Dressed w EVOO and balsamic

M3 - kalua pig, sweet potato w ghee and roasted veggies.

Day 14

M1 - breakfast mix (chicken apple sausage, turnip, potato, onion, red pepper and mushrooms) and 1/4 of a large tomato w 3 eggs.  Black coffee

M2 - big salad of baby greens, spinach and kale, carrots, red peppers, cucumbers, radish, tomato and avocado topped w grilled chicken breast and hard cooked eggs.  Dressed w EVOO and balsamic

M3 - kalua pig, sweet potato w ghee and roasted veggies.

Last time I did the WF30 in June, I had super loose and prolific bowel movements - almost like diarrhea every day.  This time, I am super constipated and I'm eating exactly the same foods, drinking a ton of water and taking magnesium (I always drink  a lot of water and take magnesium daily, so this is not a change).  What gives?

Day 15 - halfway there!

M2 - big salad of baby greens, spinach and kale, carrots, red peppers, cucumbers, radish, tomato and avocado topped w grilled chicken breast and hard cooked eggs.  Dressed w EVOO and balsamic.  1/4 cup blueberries

M3 - baked salmon, sweet potato w ghee and roasted veggies.

Day 16.  Finally the bloating and constipation is gone.  Good riddance!  My stomach is flatter and I feel pretty good.  

I ate dinner a little earlier than usual last night (5 pm) because I was hungry and it had been 5 1/2 hours since lunch.  My day had started early, so all my meals were earlier than usual.  Anyways, I didn't go to bed until 10 pm and about 9:30 my stomach was really growling.  I cannot sleep well if I am hungry, so I had 1 egg, 1 pc. compliant bacon and several slices of tomato.  

M1 - woke up HUNGRY today.  Breakfast mix w 3 eggs, 1/2 an avocado and 1/4 of a large tomato and 2 c black coffee.  That wasn't enough food, so I had about 1/3 of a sweet potato I had just baked w a little ghee and cinnamon and a 1/2 cup of fresh mango w about 1 Tbsp of coconut milk and a sprinkle of dried coconut on top.

I saw somewhere on the site where a poster thought ghee tasted nasty.  I don't.  I make my own w Kerrigold butter and I think it's wonderful.  I especially like it when I get it that perfect amber color - tastes like caramel to me.

Heading back to the gym today after letting the pulled muscle in my back heal for 2 weeks.  Doing a body pump class this morning w really low weights.   

Managed to get through my workout without hurting my back again - Yay!  

M2 - sirloin steak, a huge serving of roasted veggies (yellow squash, zucchini, green beans, carrots, cauliflower and mushrooms) and the rest of the sweet potato from M1 with ghee on top.

Yum, yum and more yum.  Food is tasting great.  I really want to make this a lifestyle.  I go for months at a time right on point - "perfect Paleo" and then I eat sugar and it's all downhill from there.  Sugar sends me down that slippery slope where I binge on crap and stop eating to nourish my body and engage in eating as a competitive sport (as much as I can, as fast as I can)..  I think I'll eventually get it right.  The lapses are getting shorter and shorter.  And I think my family finally gets that I can't just have "a little bit" of whatever treat they are pushing.

I had a handful of cashews when I was out shopping.  I donated blood after lunch and was suddenly feeling weak and lightheaded.

M3 was a burger w yellow mustard, onions and tomato, a handful of green olives and Brussels Sprout chips.

Day 17

Hungry right off the bat:

M1: Breakfast hash (1/2 a chicken apple sausage, onions, mushrooms, red pepper, turnip and white potato), a whole chicken Italian sausage, 1/4 large tomato topped w two eggs.  Had a small peach too and 2 cups of black coffee.  Yum!

M2 - sirloin steak, baked sweet potato w ghee, brussels sprout chips

Pre-work out snack (not the best admittedly) - a big handful of cashews and a couple bites of cantaloupe that I was prepping.

M3 - Paleo meatloaf and roasted veggies

Day 18

M1 - Chicken Italian and chicken apple sausage sauteed w onions, baby bella mushrooms, red peppers and tomato scrambled w 2 eggs. A big slice of baked sweet potato w ghee.

M2 - big salad of baby greens and spinach, carrots, cucumbers, red peppers, tomatoes, avocado topped w a grilled burger and dressed w EVOO and balsamic.

M3 - leftover paleo meatloaf, sweet potato w ghee and roasted veggies.

I have a small serving of cantaloupe to go w one of my meals too.

Did a 4 mile hike after work.  PWO meal was a few bites of grilled chicken, a few slices of sweet potato and 1/2 a small banana.  I have wanted banana all day long, so I ate it :)

Day 19

M1 - Chicken Italian and chicken apple sausage sauteed w onions, baby bella mushrooms, red peppers and tomato scrambled w 2 eggs. A big slice of baked sweet potato w ghee.

M2 - big salad of baby greens and spinach, carrots, cucumbers, red peppers, tomatoes, avocado, green olives topped w a grilled burger and dressed w EVOO and balsamic.

M3 - leftover paleo meatloaf, sweet potato w ghee and roasted veggies.

I have a small serving of cantaloupe to go w one of my meals too.

Same as yesterday :)

Archived