JulieP's WF30 Log

JulieP757

M2 - small shake w almond milk, power greens, 2 inches piece banana, 1/4 cup frozen berries, eggs white protein powder.

M3 - HUGE salad w kale salad mix (kale, chicory, cabbage, brussels sprouts), carrots, cucumbers, peppers, tomato, half an avocado, roasted chicken thighs, a sprinkle of pumpkin seeds and dried cranberries (apple juice infused) dressed w balsamic and avocado oil, 1/3 cup baked sweet potato w ghee

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Day 29

M1 - 3 eggs scrambled in compliant bacon fat, 1.5 pc Pederson's sugar free bacon, roasted butternut squash sprinkled w cinnamon and sauteed in ghee, black coffee

M2 is the unknown today.  Maybe salad, maybe West african stew or chili from the freezer

M3 - Nom Nom Paleo's Korean short ribs made w chuck roast instead, french green beans w ghee, mashed potatoes (made w ghee and compliant chicken stock)

So far my NSVs are:

Sugar cravings are completely under control.  This in itself is a miracle since I started Jan 1 after three weeks of holiday sugar binging.  There's still a bowl of holiday chocolates on the foyer table and not once have I been tempted.  There have been numerous stressful "chocolate trigger" moments at work, but I have not succumbed.

Over the holidays I had horrible IBS symptoms due to eating a bunch of junk.  My "constitution" is almost back to normal.  It has improved week after week.  This alone should keep my eating in check going forward.  I can only hope.

Some clothing is getting looser - not all, but some.  I tend to lose inches from places I could care less about first, and not from my lower abdomen, hips and thighs where I really need it.  I had noticed that my bra band had gotten really tight and I had a pretty significant "back roll" going on when I wore a sports bra to the gym.  My bras are back to fitting well and there is no more roll.  I wish I could say that about the muffin top action I've got going on.  In due time.....

Aside from a few nights where I was too excited or stressed to sleep (due to buying a new home), my sleep has improved.

I wouldn't say I have tiger blood, but my energy level is pretty darn good.  I'm an accountant and year end close is grueling - I'm talking 80 hours a week grueling.  I made it through just fine - started to get cold a couple of times, but was able to ward it off quickly.  I do think eating well helps the immune system.

I am going to opt not to weigh myself on Day 31.  Instead, I will soldier on for another 30 to 60 days.  This way of eating isn't so hard for me.  It's so much harder for me to ride my own bike.  For now, I need the rules of the Whole 30.  I already know that dairy, soy, gluten, most non-gluten grains and most legumes do not play nice with my body - no reintroduction necessary here.  

Day 30!  This wasn't so hard.  I'm going to keep on trucking for at least another 30.

M1 - 3 eggs scrambled in bacon fat w roasted turnips, 1.5 pc of bacon, black coffee
M2 - big salad w kale salad mix, carrots, cucumber, peppers, tomato, half an avocado, roasted chicken thighs and a sprinkle of pumpkin seeds and dried cranberries dressed w avocado oil and balsamic
M3- korean pot roast, green beans w ghee, about 1/3 cup boiled potato mashed w ghee

Morning! Day 31

Got up at 4:15, had coffee and did a body pump class at 5. Can I just say how hard it is to get up that early when it's cold outside? It was about 26 degrees - brrr. I did the class fasted. Had a post work out meal of half a roasted chicken thigh and two bites of sweet potato.

M1 - 3 eggs and roasted turnips scrambled in bacon fat w 2 pc. Pederson's sugar free bacon
M2 - the usual huge salad topped w chicken thighs and dressed w avocado oil and balsamic
M3-korean pot roast, 1/3 cup sweet potato and steamed broccoli topped w ghee

Tried to get up at 4:15 and go to the gym but I couldn't do it. I'll try again tomorrow. Today's food:

Day 32
M1- shake w almond milk, 2 c baby spinach, about 1/4 cup frozen berries, 1 Tbsp acacia fiber, 2 Tbsp coconut oil, scoop of Jay Robb Egg White protein
M2 - Huge salad topped w chicken thighs and dressed w avocado oil and balsamic
M3- paleo meatloaf, steamed broccoli w ghee and about 1/3 cup baked sweet potato w ghee

Got up at 4:15 and went to the gym.  Did 50 minutes on the bike at level 8.

Day 33

M1 - 3 eggs and about a cup and a half of roasted turnips scrambled in compliant bacon fat, 2 pc Pederson's sugar free bacon, black coffee

M2 - big salad w kale salad mix, carrots, cucumber, peppers, tomato, half an avocado, roasted chicken thighs and a sprinkle of pumpkin seeds and dried cranberries dressed w avocado oil and balsamic

M3- paleo meatloaf, steamed broccoli w ghee and about 1/3 cup baked sweet potato w ghee

Got up at 4:15 and did a body pump class at 5. Had a scoop of egg white protein powder in a cup of almond milk post work out.

Day 34
M1 - 3 eggs and about a cup and a half of roasted turnips scrambled in compliant bacon fat, 2 pc Pederson's sugar free bacon, black coffee

Day 35

M1 - shake made w almond milk, baby spinach, frozen berries, coconut oil and Jay Robb unflavored egg white powder

M2- big salad w roasted chicken thighs dressed w avocado oil and balsamic

M3 - I'm thinking crispy chicken thighs and some sort of veg

Day 36

M1 - shake made w almond milk, baby spinach, frozen berries, coconut oil and Jay Robb unflavored egg white powder

I'm doing a 90 minute body pump/body combat class this morning.  I'll probably need a post workout meal.  I"ll have a few bites of chicken breast and a few bites of sweet potato.

M2- big salad w roasted chicken thighs dressed w avocado oil and balsamic

M3 - swedish meatballs (without the cream and bread and in a broth based sauce thickened w xanthan gum), steamed broccoli w ghee an about 1/3 cup baked sweet potato w ghee

I was exhausted after all that cooking yesterday. By the time M3 came around, I didn't have the energy to make a veg or salad to go with the meatballs, so i just ate a couple of meatballs and went to bed. I woke up STARVED this morning.

Day 37

M1- rest of the roasted brussels sprouts and bacon (about 1.5c) topped w 4 over easy eggs, black coffee

M2 - big salad w kale mix (kale, cabbage, brussels sprouts, radicchio), carrots, cucumber, red pepper, tomato , avocado, chicken, hb egg, balsamic and avocado oil

M3- swedish meatballs, 1/3 c baked sweet potato w ghee and spaghetti squash w ghee

Day 38

M1 - I just could not stomach the thought of veggies this morning.  Had 3 over easy eggs w 3 pc bacon and coffee w coconut oil

M2 - Huge salad topped w chicken and dressed w avocado oil and balsamic

M3 - swedish meatballs, spaghetti squash w ghee and about 1/3 cup baked sweet potato w ghee

Day 39

M1 - 3 over easy eggs w 2 pc bacon  and a cup of roasted turnips, black coffee w coconut oil

M2 - Huge salad topped w chicken and dressed w avocado oil and balsamic

M3 - spaghetti squash w meat sauce and a tbsp of coconut oil

Archived