JulieP's WF30 Log

JulieP757

Day 20

M1 - Chicken Italian and chicken apple sausage sauteed w onions, baby bella mushrooms, red peppers and tomato scrambled w 3 eggs. 

M2 - big salad of baby greens and spinach, carrots, cucumbers, red peppers, tomatoes, avocado, green olives topped w grilled chicken and a hard cooked egg and dressed w EVOO and balsamic.

M3 - Kalua Pig, sweet potato w ghee and roasted veggies.

I have a small serving of cantaloupe to go w one of my meals too.

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I go for months at a time right on point - "perfect Paleo" and then I eat sugar and it's all downhill from there. Sugar sends me down that slippery slope where I binge on crap and stop eating to nourish my body and engage in eating as a competitive sport (as much as I can, as fast as I can).. I think I'll eventually get it right. The lapses are getting shorter and shorter. And I think my family finally gets that I can't just have "a little bit" of whatever treat they are pushing.

I'm 100% with you on this. I think "I'll just have one little scoop of Ben & Jerry's and be right back on board next meal". But it never works like that. One scoop becomes a chocolate bar becomes Cereal for breakfast becomes business as usual, until I finally wake up from my sugary-gluten coma and crawl my way back to Paleo.

What the heck is going on with my body!!!!!  I am so freaking bloated my pants almost don't fit.  It's day 20 for crying out loud.  I eat the same foods every day - I have for months and months.  During my walk tonight, all the sudden I had sharp stabbing pains in my colon (this has happened before).  I think maybe things are going on in my gut - hopefully good things.  Or it could be menopause rearing her ugly head again.  I have been flashing a lot lately - could be hormones.  Whatever it is, I wish it would stop  :(

Day 21

M1 - Chicken Italian and chicken apple sausage sauteed w onions, baby bella mushrooms, red peppers and tomato scrambled w 3 eggs. 

M2 - big salad of baby greens and spinach, carrots, cucumbers, red peppers, tomatoes, green olives topped w grilled chicken and a hard cooked egg and dressed w EVOO and balsamic.

M3 - Kalua Pig, sweet potato w ghee and roasted veggies.

I still have some cantaloupe/blueberries from yesterday to eat with M2 or M3 if I want it.

Day 22

M1 - Chicken Italian and chicken apple sausage sauteed w onions, baby bella mushrooms, red peppers and tomato scrambled w 3 eggs, a big slice of sweet potato w ghee

M2 - Kalua Pig, sweet potato w ghee and roasted veggies.

Pre-work out meal - 2 hard cooked eggs

4 mile speed walk

M3 - grilled salmon, roasted veggies and a cucumber, tomato, green pepper and onion salad topped w EVOO and balsamic.

Oh and the bloating mysteriously went away today.  Must have been hormones.

Day 23

M1 - Chicken Italian and chicken apple sausage sauteed w onions, baby bella mushrooms, red peppers and tomato scrambled w 2 eggs, a big slice of sweet potato w ghee

Body pump class

Post WO - small portion of kalua pig and two slices of sweet potato

M2 - Kalua Pig, sweet potato w ghee and roasted veggies.

M3 - grilled salmon, roasted veggies and a cucumber, tomato, green pepper and onion salad topped w EVOO and balsamic.

Revised M3- the strip steaks were calling my name in the grocery store today.  Then I remembered I had Brussels sprouts in the fridge that I needed to eat.  So M3 was about a cup of leftover roasted veggies, the last 1/3 of today's big sweet potato (w ghee), about a half a lb. of shredded sautéed Brussels sprouts and strip steak.  SOOOO GOOOD!!

Yesterday's food was so good, I'm pretty much doing a repeat.  I feel pretty darn good, which is amazing since I've had a really rough week at work.  Think I must have a little Tiger Blood going on.

Day 24

Not feeling so hot today. Bad headache, so eating is a bit off.

M1 - 3 eggs, compliant bacon and sweet potato and onion hash

M2 - steak and sweet potato w ghee

M3 - chicken w homemade BBQ sauce (tomato paste, tomatoes, pineapple dates, onion and spices), roasted veggies (yellow squash, zucchini, green beans, carrots, cauliflower and mushrooms), 1/2 a sliced frozen banana, 1 Tbsp almond butter and about 1 Tbsp of flaked coconut

I guess I didn't eat enough today, because I was truly hungry a couple hours after dinner.  My M2 and M3 were smaller than usual, because I wasn't feeling well.  Had a small M4 of a hard boiled egg and some leftover cucumber, tomato and pepper salad.

Hang in, you are almost done! Day 24 I'm impressed! Is the head ache caffeine or hormone related?

Thanks for the encouragement :)  The headache is sinus related - almost migraine level.  My daughter, who also suffers from migraines, woke up with a headache to day too.  I'm guessing it's weather related.

Day 25

M1 - steak, onion, baby bella mushroom, red pepper and tomato 3 egg scramble.  Black coffee

M2 - salad w baby greens and spinach, cucumber, red pepper, tomato, half an avocado and a few green olives.  Dressed a a drizzle of olive oil and balsamic.

M3 - TBD

NSV - my stomach is flat - really flat - and my clothes are getting looser.  Yay!

NSV - my stomach is flat - really flat - and my clothes are getting looser. Yay!

I love flat stomach days! The first day I noticed mine was flat, I wore low cut pants and a jumper that isn't cropped but that I knew tended to ride up. Borderline inappropriate for work, but I felt good :-)

Finishing out Day 25's menu:  M3 was a meal eaten out at Outback.  Had plain, dry grilled Mahi w no seasoning, a plain baked sweet potato and plain steamed veggies.  I'd meant to put some ghee in my purse, but I forgot.  Still, it was food and it was good enough.

Day 26:

M1 - I was HUNGRY this morning.  Had 3 extra large eggs scrambled w a couple ounces of steak, onions, mushrooms, red peppers, about 1/3 of a big sweet potato w ghee and some cantaloupe. Black coffee to drink.

M2 - Really big salad of baby greens and spinach, red pepper, cucumber, tomato, radish, avocado topped w a hard boiled egg, grilled chicken breast and a handful of raw almonds.  Dressed w EVOO and balsamic.  Had a little more cantaloupe.

M3- leftover BBQ chicken, sweet potato w ghee and roasted veggies.

Got in a 4 mile walk this evening. 

Looking at my menus, you'd think I'd be bored silly eating sweet potato, salad and roasted veggies everyday.  Nope - food tastes great and it's satisfying.

Day 27 - almost there!!!

M1- 3 extra large eggs scrambled w a couple ounces of steak, mushrooms, onions, red pepper and tomato.

M2 - 2 roasted chicken thighs, about 1/2 cup baked sweet potato w ghee and lots of roasted veggies (yellow squash, zucchini, green beans, carrots, cauliflower and mushrooms)

M3 - kalua pig, about 1/2 cup baked sweet potato w ghee and lots of roasted veggies (yellow squash, zucchini, green beans, carrots, cauliflower and mushrooms)

Took body pump class.

Day 28

M1 - Chicken Italian and chicken apple sausage sauteed w onions, baby bella mushrooms, red peppers and tomato scrambled w 2 extra large eggs.   

M2 - BIG salad of baby greens, kale and spinach, cucumbers, red peppers, tomatoes, avocado and a few green olives topped w kalua pig and dressed w EVOO and balsamic.

M3 - 2 roasted chicken thighs, sweet potato w ghee and roasted veggies.

Planning a nice walk this evening.  Back is a little sore from body pump last night.  

Day 29 - WOW time has flown.

M1 - 3 extra large eggs scrambled in ghee, 3 1/2 pc. compliant bacon, about 1/3 cup baked sweet potato w ghee, half an avocado and a tomato, cucumber and red pepper salad (uneaten from a couple days ago)

M2 & M3 TBD.

Got up later than usual today, so M1 was later than usual.  That's going to throw my whole day off.... I was planning to do body pump tonight, but my back is still sore.  May go for a walk again.  Only made it 2.5 miles last night before a thunderstorm rolled in.  I actually ran part of the way to get back to my car.  I was walking along the edge of a golf course and the lightening strikes were close.  That's about the only way I will voluntarily run :)

M2 - grilled salmon, half a baked potato w ghee, roasted veggies, medium peach w a sprinkle of coconut.

M3 - Kalua pig, baked sweet potato w ghee and roasted veggies.

Heading out to buy a new food processor - mine died.  Then off to the market to get ingredients for West African Chicken Stew with almond coconut cauliflower rice.

Day 30 - WOO HOO

Well, I'm all bloated again.  I think this on and off bloating must be menopause related.  I went off my estrogen gel to try to balance my hormones with my diet and it's been rough.  I'll be great for a few days, then have wicked night sweats that wake me up several times a night.  And the on and off bloating.  I'd like to give it a little more time before adding the estrogen gel back.  And speaking of adding things back...I can only think of two things that I might want to test:  butter and sour cream.  That's it - not missing anything else and neither of those things is something I can't do without if I have to.  Other than that, I'm sticking with Paleo and the WF30 template because it works for me.  Well I MIGHT make a Paleofied dessert.  I saw this on OMG Paleo and it looks amazing - and it's sugar/sweetener free.

http://paleomg.com/sugar-detox-sweet-potato-ice-cream-toasted-walnuts/

Today's food:

M1: 3 eggs scrambled w chicken Italian and chicken apple sausage, onions, mushrooms, red peppers and tomatoes

That's all I've got so far.  I made sunflower seed butter in my Vitamix last night.  Came out great - would be amazing on apple or banana slices.  I'll be using it in the West African Chicken stew recipe, which will be M3.

I went ahead and made the stew thinking the flavors would be better if it sat in the fridge for a while.  OMG is that stuff good.  We all tasted it before the sunflower seed butter was added and it was great, but AFTER - it was pure magic.  I did not add the vanilla extract because it had alcohol; I used a pinch of vanilla bean powder instead.  This recipe has some heat to it. I used 1/2 tsp. cayenne for one and a half times the recipe and it was perfect to my taste.  Can't wait to make the almond coconut cauliflower rice tonight.  Going to top the whole dish w a sprinkle of raisins.  YUM!

http://thehealthyfoodie.com/west-african-chicken-stew-well-fed-2/

Well I changed up the coconut almond cauliflower rice a bit - no garam masala, about half the curry powder and no lime - and I used all coconut milk, no water.  It was amazing.  My kids had made white rice to go with the dish, but quickly ditched it for the cauli rice.  And the raisins were perfect on top.  Rave reviews from all.

Woo Hoo - it's Day 31!  I did not weigh or measure today.  It doesn't really matter to me.  My clothes fit better and I feel great - or I did until I got a sinus infection - LOL.  I went to the walk-in clinic last night and got some antibiotics.  I've not felt well for about a week and it finally occurred to me what was wrong.  It's been a while since I've had one.

Anyhow - business as usual today.  I did add in some Jimmy Dean All Natural Sausage which contains a small amount of sugar.  I've burned myself out on chicken sausages.

M1- 2 pc Sausage, 3 eggs scrambled in ghee, 1/4 of a leftover baked potato sautéed w onions and a big slice of a big tomato.  Black coffee.

M2 was leftover coconut almond cauliflower rice, West African Chicken Stew w a sprinkle of raisins and about 1/2 cup baked sweet potato.  

I made the mistake of tasting the "cotton candy grapes" when I was washing them.  Ate about a cup of them.  That is a food with no brakes, so I will stay away from them from now on.

M3 was a really big salad w baby kale and baby lettuces, cucumber, red pepper, radish, carrots, tomato, half an avocado and a few green olives topped w a grilled burger and crumbled piece of bacon.  Dressed w avocado oil and balsamic.  Also had about 1/2 cup sweet potato topped w coconut milk and a sprinkle of coconut and sliced raw almonds.  That was so tasty, I may have some more at M1 tomorrow.

Overall it was a clean eating day.  The only thing non-WF30 was the sausage.  Tomorrow I leave for a 3 day business trip.  I'm a little worried about the food that will be available.  I did email ahead with my food restrictions and was promised they would accommodate my needs.  I'm bring packets of tuna in olive oil, a couple of apples, some homemade sunflower seed butter, and a couple of Rx bars - just in case.

Day 32 - 

M1- 3 scrambled eggs, 2 pc. sausage, about 1/2 cup sweet potato topped w 2 Tbsp coconut milk and a sprinkle of coconut and almonds, strawberries.  I'm short on veggies because my fridge is empty.  I will be traveling thru Thursday.

Day 2 post WF30#5.

I am trying my darndest to eat clean while traveling. That can be tougher than you think!

M2- Carolina barbecue with just spicy vinegar on top, green beans and collard greens. I walked the whole airport looking for compliant food. Good thing I'm not really on a whole food 30 at the moment.

M3 - I had let the person in charge of the work event know of my dietary restrictions but they had a buffet tonight that included breaded chicken wings, some sort of barbecued meat in sauce, three different kinds of salads all of which had cheese all over them, guacamole and chips, and plain burger patties. I suppose I could've sucked it up and had a burger patty and called it a day, but I went to the bar and ordered a grass fed burger Paleo bowl that included salad greens, tomatoes onions and broccoli.

Tomorrow they're having a breakfast at work. I can only imagine the food that's going to be there. I guess I'll slip down to the hotel restaurant at 6:30 AM and get myself some real food.

So I survived my work conference misery.  I wrote about it here:

http://forum.whole9life.com/topic/30657-work-conference-misery/

I've been home since Wednesday night and I'm finally feeling normal.  Is it possible to starve to death in 3 days - LOL?  My WF30 #5 is all done, but I'm going to continue to log my food to keep me honest and on track.  I feel sooo much better eating this way.  Why would I ever eat bad foods again?

Woke up early and ravenous today.  I was out late last night buying a car.  I had planned to look for a car, but I thought it would be a week or two before I actually bought one.  Anyhow, lunch yesterday (steak, baked sweet potato, roasted veggies and steamed asparagus w ghee) was around noon.  I did not get home until 10 pm last night.  Ten waking hours - without food.  Truthfully, I was fine.   I love being fat adapted.  I could never have gone that long if I ate a standard carb/junk filled American diet.  I would have had a blood sugar low, a headache and the shakes.  Anyhow, I had a small M3.  It was late and I didn't want a lot of food in my stomach.  A little steak w onions, mushrooms and green peppers and about 1/3 cup of sweet potato w ghee.  A snack really.  No wonder I am freaking starved this morning.

M1- half a big turnip, diced and sautéed in ghee and mixed w sautéed onions, baby bella mushrooms and green pepper with a whole chicken apple sausage and 3 over easy eggs.  Half a cup of blueberries and 2 cups of black coffee rounded out the meal.

A body pump class is on the agenda today.  I have to take my new car over to the dealership to get it cleaned up.  It was so late, the cleanup crew was gone.

M2 was steak, asparagus and broccoli w ghee.  I wasn't really satisfied after eating it.  Really missing a carby veg.  Must go to store today!

M3 - huge salad of baby greens, spinach, kale, carrots, red pepper, cucumber, radish and green olives topped w a grilled burger and dressed w EVOO and balsamic and about a cup of sweet potato w coconut milk and a sprinkle of sliced almonds and coconut on top (my new obsession - so good!).

M1 - 3 eggs scrambled in ghee, 3 pc bacon, about 1/2 cup sweet potato w ghee and black coffee

M2 - big salad w baby kale and spinach, red pepper, cucumber, carrots, radish, tomato and green olives topped w steak and dressed w EVOO and balsamic.

Did body pump class late afternoon.

M3 - West African chicken nut butter stew (added sweet potatoes to the recipe) over almond coconut cauliflower rice (did not add the lime in the recipe or the garam masala).  Topped the stew with raisins.  Best.Dish.Ever!

http://thehealthyfoodie.com/west-african-chicken-stew-well-fed-2/

M1 - 3 eggs scrambled in ghee, 3 pc bacon, big bowl of roasted veggies (yellow squash, zucchini, carrots, green beans, cauliflower and mushrooms)

M2 - leftover West African chicken nut butter stew over almond coconut cauliflower rice and a side of roasted veggies

M3 - big salad of baby greens and spinach, cucumber, red pepper, carrots, tomato topped w tuna and dressed w EVOO and balsamic. I also have about 1/3 cup sweet potato w ghee.

Archived