JulieP's WF30 Log

JulieP757

Hello hungry day!  My hormones are kicking - the hot flashes are rolling and the night sweats have been waking me up.  Had M1 at 7, but was hungry about 3 hours after eating it.  I got caught up in meetings, so I made it to noon before I ate lunch.  And again I was hungry 3 hours later.  I finally succumbed and ate dinner at 4, which is way too early for me.  I was hungry again when I got home at 7, so I had a mini-M4 of chicken stew w almond coconut cauliflower rice.  Hopefully I'll be back to normal tomorrow.  

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Made a big batch of ghee last night and a big batch of "breakfast mix" - turnips, onions, chicken apple sausage and mushrooms.

M1- 3 eggs scrambled w breakfast mix (included 1/2 a chicken apple sausage). about 1/2 cup sweet potato w ghee and cinnamon. Black coffee

M2 - West African chicken nut butter stew over almond coconut cauliflower rice with a side of roasted veggies.  Sprinkled the stew w about 1 Tbsp of raisins.

M3 - big salad a baby greens and spinach, cucumber, green pepper, carrots, cherry tomatoes, topped w a can of tuna in olive oil and dressed w EVOO and balsamic.  Have about 1/2 cup sweet potato w ghee and cinnamon too.

M1- 3 eggs scrambled w breakfast mix (turnips, onions, chicken apple sausage and mushrooms) and tomato and a side of roasted veggies and blueberries. Black coffee.  Yep - I am hungry this morning!

M2 - Kalua pig, baked sweet potato w ghee and a sprinkle of cinnamon and roasted veggies.

M3 - big salad a baby greens and spinach, cucumber, green pepper, carrots, cherry tomatoes, topped w a can of tuna in olive oil and dressed w EVOO and balsamic.  Have about 1/2 cup sweet potato w ghee and cinnamon too.

Walked on the treadmill for about 20 minutes last night, then did a body pump class.

M1- 3 eggs scrambled w breakfast mix (turnips, onions, chicken apple sausage and mushrooms) and tomato. Black coffee.  No so hungry this morning.

M2 - Paleo meatloaf, baked sweet potato w ghee and a sprinkle of cinnamon and roasted veggies.

M3 - big salad a baby greens and spinach, cucumber, green pepper, carrots, cherry tomatoes, topped w a can of tuna in olive oil and a hard cooked egg and dressed w EVOO and balsamic.  Have about 1/2 cup sweet potato w ghee and cinnamon too.

M1- 3 eggs scrambled w breakfast mix (turnips, onions, chicken apple sausage and mushrooms) and honeydew. Black coffee.  No so hungry again this morning.  In fact I feel stuffed most of the time these days.  I'm eating the same quantities of food I always have - and pretty much the same foods as always, but it's taking 6 to 7 hours to get hungry between meals.

M2 - Paleo meatloaf, baked sweet potato w ghee and a sprinkle of cinnamon and roasted veggies.

M3 - big salad a baby greens and spinach, cucumber, red pepper, carrots, cherry tomatoes, half an avocado and a couple of olives topped w a grilled burger and dressed w EVOO and balsamic.  

My hunger levels were back to normal yesterday.  Did a body pump class in the evening and had a post work out snack of paleo meatloaf and cold sweet potato.

Today's menu:

M1- 3 eggs scrambled w breakfast mix (turnips, onions, chicken apple sausage and mushrooms) and a big handful of cherry tomatoes, honeydew and two slices of sweet potato w a couple tbsp of coconut milk and a sprinkle of toasted coconut and almonds. Black coffee.  

M2 - Paleo meatloaf, a couple slices of sweet potato w a couple tbsp coconut milk and a sprinkle of toasted coconut and almonds and roasted veggies..

M3 - ribeye steak, half a baked white potato w ghee and either a small salad or steamed broccoli.  I may test some sour cream on my potato too.  

The sweet potato/coconut milk/coconut/almond thing is so delicious it's almost become an obsession.  It's not a food without brakes though, so I think I'm good.

Inspired by my success w the West African Chicken Nut Butter Stew recipe, I pulled out my Well Fed cookbook and decided to give a few recipes a go.  I got a huge piece of pork shoulder.  About 8 lbs. will go in the crockpot in the morning to make kalua pig.  I'm down to one portion in my freezer and this is a staple.  4 lbs. will become Char Sui (Chinese BBQ Pork) that I will  use in pork fried cauliflower rice.  4 lbs will become Carnitas that I am going to serve w Tostones.  I have some chicken thighs in the freezer and I bought a spaghetti squash with the plan to make Pad Thai later in the week.  Yum, Yum and Yum!

​I tried coconut aminos during my first WF30 and thought I had a reaction to them.  I'm going to give it another go.  And if I get all bloated, I'll get over it.  I see great food in my future!

Today was food prep day and boy did I cook.  I made the Carnitas and Char Sui recipes in Well Fed.  Decided to freeze the other 8 lbs of pork shoulder for now.  Prepped green beans, carrots, yellow squash and zucchini for roasting later.  Made a huge batch of breakfast mix - chicken apple sausage, turnips, onions, red pepper, mushrooms.  I made mayo.  I made pico de gallo with the gazillion cherry tomatoes we have in the garden, onion, jalapeño pepper, cilantro and lime.  I have a bit more to do later in the week.  I bought a head of cabbage that I'm going to fry w onions in bacon grease and I'm making pork fried cauliflower rice for dinner tomorrow.

M1 - 2 eggs scrambled w breakfast mix and a few cherry tomatoes, black coffee.

M2 - tuna salad w onions, a squeeze of lemon, dijon and homemade mayo served on top of a salad of tomato, cucumber, red pepper and half an avocado.

M3 - carnitas topped w pico de gallo and a side of tostones.  Who knew fried green plantains would be so delicious??  I can't wait to try the ripe ones.  I used avocado oil to fry them in and they were great.  

M1 - yes, I do eat like a linebacker.  My bf says this often.  People at work make comments like "how can you eat so much food and stay thin".  I'd much rather eat lots of delicious Paleo food than to eat small quantities of junk.  Today's feast - 3 eggs scrambled w breakfast mix and tomatoes served w a side of sweet potato (about 1/3 of a large one, topped w coconut milk and a sprinkle of toasted coconut and almonds.  Yum!  I didn't have any sweet potato yesterday and I think I was in withdrawal - LOL.

Had a hard boiled egg for my PWO meal.  Walked for 45 minutes on the treadmill and then took a body pump class.  M2 was immediately after the workout and was paleo meatloaf, roasted veggies and more sweet potato w coconut milk and a sprinkle of coconut and almonds.

Made the Char Sui Fried Rice out of the Well Fed cookbook with a couple of additions - finely diced carrots, a little more coconut aminos and a sprinkle of flaked red pepper.  It was OUTSTANDING.  So freaking tasty!  I almost hope the kids hate it - more for me.  I don't really like the char sui by itself, but it's wonderful in this dish.  Well worth the effort (lots and lots of chopping).

M1 - 3 over easy eggs cooked over breakfast mix (chicken apple sausage, onions, turnips, red pepper and mushrooms) served w half a leftover baked potato chopped up and sautéed in ghee.  It is delicious!

M2- Big salad of baby greens and spinach, red pepper, cucumber, carrots, tomato, pico de gallo and half an avocado topped w carnitas.

M3 - big serving of char sui fried rice w about 1/2 cup sweet potato w ghee.

I wasn't so good last night.  Had a piece of good dark chocolate (no soy lecithin) and a couple tbsp of raisins.

M1 - 3 over easy eggs cooked over breakfast mix (chicken apple sausage, onions, turnips, red pepper and mushrooms) 

M2- Big serving of char sui fried rice and 1/2 a banana

M3 - chicken breast, sweet potato topped w ghee and cinnamon and roasted veggies

M1 - 3 eggs cooked over easy on top of breakfast mix, half a leftover baked potato sautéed in ghee

M2 - BIG salad w baby kale, spinach and baby lettuce, carrots, red pepper, cucumbers, avocado, tomato, topped w chicken breast and hard boiled egg and dressed w EVOO and balsamic

M3 - chicken breast over coconut almond curried cauliflower rice drizzled w sunshine sauce and a big side of roasted veggies.

M1 - 3 over easy eggs cooked over breakfast mix (chicken apple sausage, onions, turnips, red pepper and mushrooms) served w half a leftover baked potato chopped up and sautéed in ghee.  

M2 - grill salmon w a squeeze of lime juice over about a cup of almond coconut cauli-rice w about 1/2 cup baked sweet potato w ghee and a couple cups of roasted veggies.   Yes I was hungry!

Off to body pump class.

M3 - thinking of Well Fed's pad thai recipe

M1 was yummy - 3 over easy eggs cooked over breakfast mix, 2 small slices of sweet potato w ghee and a small peach.  Nothing really planned this weekend - starting off lazy.

Went for a 4 mile hike.

M2 - Pad Thai from Well Fed. I really liked it - the kids did not like it at all.  Good!  More for me!  I think I'm just so starved for something different - plain meat and roasted veggies got boring all the sudden.  No idea what's on the menu for M3.  I'm thinking more Pad Thai.

The kids are still raving about the crack slaw and asked me to make more.  I'm going to leave out the sugar this go round.

M1 today - big serving of breakfast mix ( about a whole chicken sausage in it) topped w two over easy eggs and half a ripe plantain fried in coconut oil.  Delish!

M2 - leftover Pad Thai (recipe from Well Fed)

M3 -  probably crack slaw again

Changed my mind on M2.  Had leftover sauteed chicken breast w a big dollop of sunshine sauce, big serving of coconut almond cauliflower rice and a couple slices of sweet potato w ghee.

Heading to the gym at 4 for an hour of treadmill followed by a body pump class.

M1 - breakfast mix w the addition of green pepper and tomato topped w 3 over easy eggs.

M2 - leftover Pad Thai w about 1/2 cup sweet potato w ghee
M3- big salad w baby kale, spinach and greens, tomato, avocado, green pepper, cucumber, and carrots topped w Italian pot roast and dressed w EVOO and balsamic

Ugh - I got into the dried fruit (raisins and cherries) last night and couldn't stop.  I.AM.A.SUGAR.ADDICT.  Sugar in any form.  Sigh.  I feel yucky today.

M1- 3 over easy eggs on top of breakfast mix w chicken apple sausage, turnips, onions, mushrooms, tomato and red pepper.  Half an avocado.

M2 - leftover crackslaw and about 1/3 cup sweet potato w ghee

M3 - Italian pork roast, about 1/3 cup sweet potato w ghee and lots of roasted veggies

I will not eat dried fruit.  I will not eat dried fruit.  I will not eat dried fruit.

Another lousy conference food experience - breakfast was fruit, every pastry imaginable, bagels and sweetened yogurt.  Plenty of juice and soda to go with it.  Lunch was a variety of sandwiches and wraps - every one of which had some sort of cheese.  Ugh - I deconstructed one but managed to miss a piece of blue cheese.  I thought about spitting it out, but that's just gross.  My jeans are now tight and they weren't when I put them on this morning.  I am THAT sensitive to cheese.  Lunch also had fruit, but it was coated in some sort of sweet poppyseed dressing, and BBQ potato chips - and plenty of cookies and brownies for dessert.  The afternoon snack was bowls of candy and a platter of cheese, crackers and fruit.  Good thing I'm not on a WF30 right now.  And good thing I ate like a linebacker for M1 this morning.

M1 (at home) - 3 over easy eggs on top of breakfast mix w chicken apple sausage, turnips, onions, mushrooms, tomato and red pepper and half a baked potato sautéed in ghee.

M2 - two bites of deli turkey, a small slice of chicken breast, a piece of lettuce and a slice of tomato - oh and a microscopic piece of blue cheese that I missed when deconstructing the sandwich.  Good thing I ate a lot at M1

M3 - (at home) Italian pork roast and sweet potato w ghee.  There will be a M4 today.  M3 is to make up for not eating much at M2.

M4 was eaten out with the bf.  Green salad w oil and vinegar, small steak, baked potato w sour cream.  The "butter" they had was soybean oil margarine.  No thank you.  I'd rather eat dairy :)  Sour cream is one of the few dairy items that are fine for me.

Archived