JulieP's WF30 Log

JulieP757

M1 - 3 over easy eggs on top of breakfast mix w chicken apple sausage, turnips, onions, mushrooms, tomato and red pepper, black coffee

M2 - big salad of baby greens and kale, carrots, cucumber, red pepper, tomato, avocado, green olives topped w kalua pig and dressed w EVOO and balsamic

Pre work out meal - 2 hard cooked eggs w a smear of homemade mayo and a few olives

Did body pump class

M3 - grilled burger topped w mayo, yellow mustard, onion and tomato, small baked potato w ghee and about 1 Tbsp sour cream, roasted green beans and carrots

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

M1 - 3 over easy eggs on top of breakfast mix w chicken apple sausage, turnips, onions, mushrooms, tomato and red pepper, black coffee

M2 - Italian pork roast w a sprinkle of TX Pete, roasted green beans and carrots, about half a baked sweet potato w ghee

M3 - big bowl of almond coconut cauliflower riced topped with Madras Chicken coconut curry.  Sprinkled the curry w toasted coconut, cashews that I roasted in coconut oil and raisins.  Delicious!

http://www.grouprecipes.com/57881/madras-coconut-chicken-curry.html

I'm roasting a turkey breast for Sunday dinner and making the kids a mini-Thanksgiving - stuffing, sweet potato casserole, mashed potatoes, peas and cranberry sauce.

I am trying Velvety Butternut Squash and I am so excited.  I'm really loving the international dishes I've been making lately.  I made the Ras el Hanout spice mix tonight and it smells AMAZING.  I will eat the squash and some roasted veggies with my turkey tomorrow.

M1 - 3 over easy eggs on top of breakfast mix w chicken apple sausage, turnips, onions, mushrooms, tomato and red pepper, 1/4 of a baked potato sautéed in ghee, black coffee

M2 - small portion of coconut almond cauliflower rice topped w Madras coconut chicken curry.

mini - meal - did not eat enough at M2 and dinner was hours away.  Made egg salad w 2 hard boiled eggs w homemade mayo and ate it with chunks of red pepper.

M3 - turkey breast, a spoonful of mashed potatoes (w butter and milk), roasted green beans and carrots and the star of the show - velvety butternut squash.  OMG - why have I never made this before???  Because the ingredients sounded weird, because I'm not a huge fan of garlic or sweet and savory dishes.  This dish changes everything.  It's that good.

M1 - the usual - 3 over easy eggs on top of breakfast mix w 1/4 of a baked potato sautéed in ghee

M2 - Madras coconut chicken curry topped w toasted coconut, cashews and raisins

M3 - turkey, velvety butternut squash and roasted green beans and carrots.

I miss the edit your post feature :(.  So I had my curry on coconut almond cauliflower rice.  My portion was a tad too generous  - it took me 7 hours to get hungry for dinner.  I left the meal I had prepared the M3 at work for tomorrow.  Instead, I ate turkey, velvety butternut squash and sautéed cabbage for dinner.

I almost slept 8 hours last night - almost.  I must have fallen asleep quickly last night.  I didn't lay there for my usual (as of late) 2 to 3 hours.  I did, however, wake up by myself about 20 minutes before my alarm.  Maybe I'm just needing less sleep than I used to??

M1 - no eggs today.  Took an inventory of the fridge and decided there were other foods that needed to be eaten and other foods that I wanted to eat.  Had a big plate of turkey, sauteed cabbage and half a baked sweet potato topped w a drizzle of ghee, a spoonful of coconut milk and a sprinkle of almonds and toasted coconut.  2 cups black coffee

M2 - Big salad of baby greens and spinach, cucumber, red pepper, carrots, tomato, half an avocado and a few green olives topped w Italian pork roast and dressed w EVOO and balsamic.

M3 - turkey, velvety butternut squash and roasted green beans and carrots

My stomach was on a schedule today.  M1 at 7, M2 at 12, M3 at 5.  I like to eat M3 a little later than that, but I couldn't hold out.  Went to the gym at 7 and walked on the treadmill til about 8:15.  Had a couple slices of turkey breast and a slice of cold baked sweet potato when I got home.  I was still hungry, so I had half a sliced banana w a dollop of coconut and a sprinkle of roasted cashews and a sprinkle of coconut.

M1 - breakfast mix topped with 3 over easy eggs, sweet potato slices sautéed in ghee and sprinkled w cinnamon

M2 - big salad w baby greens and spinach, cucumber, red pepper, tomato, half an avocado, carrots and a few olives topped Italian pork roast and dressed w EVOO and balsamic

M3 - turkey, velvety butternut squash, roasted green beans and carrots and sautéed cabbage

Love my food :)

M1 - breakfast mix topped w 3 over easy eggs, half a ripe plantain sautéed in coconut oil

M2 - BIG salad of baby greens and spinach, half a red pepper, half a big cucumber, carrots, half an avocado, 1/4 of a big tomato, a few green olives topped w Italian pork roast and dressed w EVOO and balsamic

M3 - pork chop, half a baked potato w ghee and cinnamon, sautéed cabbage.

Last night walked close to 4 miles on the treadmill with incline up.  Had a bite or two of pork chop and a big spoonful of velvety butternut squash for PWO.

Having a hungry day.

M1 - 3 over easy eggs on top of breakfast hash, half a plantain sautéed in coconut oil, big bowl of sautéed kale and onions

M2 - half a leftover pork chop, 3 over easy eggs, last of the velvety butternut squash and a big bowl of sautéed kale and onions

M3 - TBD

Had some cashews late in the afternoon because I was hungry again.

Did body pump class.  M3 was porterhouse steak, caramelized onions, baby bella mushrooms sautéed in ghee w garlic, broccoli w ghee and half a baked potato w ghee and a tbsp of sour cream

I slept in really late.  So late, I think I'm going to skip M1 today and just have brunch and dinner.  Maybe I'll have a mini-meal in between - we'll see if I am hungry for it.

M1/M2 - 4 over easy eggs over breakfast mix, half a sautéed plantain and a big bowl of sautéed kale and onions

M3 - More exotic flavors for dinner.  A friend of mine made this last week and said it was fabulous:

Hoping I can find preserved lemons at the international market.  If not, I'll just use lemon zest.  

The chicken tagine last night was a big hit.  Super tasty.  Used the zest of a lemon and the juice of half a lemon.  This will be a regular dish from now on.

Woke up late, late, late and had to scramble to make it to mass on time.  Was hardly able to have a cup of coffee let alone M1 before I hurried out of the house.  M1 was at 11:30 - a little over 2 hours after I woke up -not the end of the world.

M1 - 3 egg frittata w leftover steak, caramelized onions, baby bella mushrooms, cherry tomatoes and red pepper.  That didn't do the trick, so I added half a baked sweet potato w coconut butter and ghee and a sprinkle of almonds and toasted coconut.  Finally feel satisfied.  Hormones have been kicking big time the past couple of days and I'm doing my best not to cave and eat sweets.

Planned:

M2  - small bowl of leftover Chicken Tagine

M3 - pork roast, roasted green beans and carrots, the last of the sauteed kale and onions

Had roasted green beans and carrots last night instead of the kale and onions.  Also had about half an apple.  Did a body pump class in the late afternoon.

M1 - breakfast mix w tomatoes topped w 3 over easy eggs and half a plantain fried in coconut oil

M2 - huge salad of baby greens, spinach, kale, carrots, cherry tomatoes, half an avocado, red pepper and cucumber topped w baked salmon and a hard boiled egg and dressed w EVOO and balsamic

M3 - leftover pork roast, half a baked sweet potato w ghee, sautéed kale and onions

I ended up reversing M2 and M3 yesterday, so I did not have a carby veg w M3.  Not sure if that was part of the problem, but I could not sleep last night.

I tried so hard to go to bed early so I'd be refreshed today, but it just didn't work.  I ended up having to get up around 10:30 to get something to eat (half a sweet potato w coconut milk and almonds) because I'd eaten dinner at 4:30 and was starved - and I sure can't sleep when I'm that hungry.

Today's food:

M1 - 3 eggs over breakfast hash mixed w leftover caramelized onions and mushrooms and half a leftover baked potato sautéed in ghee.  

M2 - going out for lunch.  I know the restaurant and I'm thinking of a bunless burger w caramelized onions, roasted veggies and a small side salad

M3 - HUGE salad of baby greens, spinach and kale w cucumber, red pepper, carrots, tomato, half an avocado and a few green olives topped with Italian pork roast and dressed w EVOO and balsamic.  Half a baked sweet potato topped w coconut milk and sprinkled a almonds and coconut.

Lunch out yesterday was a small side salad w vinaigrette and a petite filet w pan roasted veggies (spinach, red pepper, sweet potato).  I had gas all afternoon and I have to wonder if there wasn't some additive in the seasoning or dressing that my body did not like.  I really prefer to cook my own food....

Today's food:

M1 - breakfast mix - chicken apple sausage, turnips, onion, red pepper, mushrooms, tomato and a few leftover roasted potatoes topped w 3 over easy eggs

M2 and M3 - I made a huge batch of fried "rice" w leftover pork roast, char sui pork from the freezer, eggs, cauliflower rice, onion, red pepper and leftover roasted carrots and green beans.  Seasoned w sesame oil and coconut aminos.  It's pretty tasty.  I'll eat half an avocado w each meal for fat and I have a small portion of sweet potato w ghee for M3.

I had HORRIBLE gas yesterday afternoon and evening.  I thought maybe it was the cauliflower rice, because I ate a lot of it, but I had the exact same thing today without any issue.  I swear there was something in that restaurant food that I ate the day before that caused a reaction.

Today's food:

M1 - breakfast mix w a few leftover roasted potatoes and some tomato topped w 3 over easy eggs with half a ripe plantain fried in coconut oil

M2 and M3 - pork fried cauliflower rice (w onions, red pepper, carrots and green beans) and half an avocado (for each meal). If I don't go to bed soon, I'm going to need to eat again. I ate dinner early to avoid snacking.

I made a double batch of crack slaw and roasted a spaghetti squash tonight.  I pulled a container of meat sauce out of the freezer to go with the squash.  That should hold me a couple of days unless the kids get into my food.

Oh crap - it's a hungry day and I'm not sure I have enough food with me.

M1 - 3 eggs over breakfast hash (chicken apple sausage, turnips, onions, mushrooms, red peppers) w tomatoes and roasted potatoes added.  Hald a ripe plantain sauteed in coconut oil.

Snack - first clue that it was going to be a rough day.  Was so hungry by 10 am, I couldn't think straight.  Had a 1.75 oz. package of peanuts, almonds and cashews from the vending machine.  Good thing I'm not doing a W30 right now.

M2 - BIG container of spaghetti squash topped w meat sauce and half an Italian sausage.  Glad I cooked up the sausage this morning - wanted to make sure I got enough protein.  Had half an avocado for fat.

M3 - all I have left in the work fridge :(  What I thought was a generous serving of crack slaw and another half an avocado. Hopefully my hunger level will settle down.

I'm going to drink a couple of big glasses of water and see if that helps.  Stress and hormones - not a good combination.

Food today was simple but delicious:

M1 - 3 scrambled eggs, 2 pc. sausage, baked sweet potato slices sautéed in ghee
M2 - roasted spaghetti squash w meat sauce and a few slices of italian sausage
M3 - crack slaw w a few slices of baked sweet potato w ghee, small bowl of frozen cherries w coconut milk and sliced almonds

Been cooking my butt off tonight.  Made Chicken Tagine again (so good - like Moroccan comfort food), put on some Kalua Pig, made up a couple of big baggies of veggies to roast (yellow squash, zucchini, green beans and quartered Brussels sprouts).  I have a HUGE pot of chicken broth cooking.  Tomorrow morning I will strain it and make chicken soup - onions, carrots, celery, sweet potatoes and kale.  Tomorrow afternoon I plan to cook a roasting chicken in the crock pot and make up a batch of velvety butternut squash.  This time I am going to only use half a head of roasted garlic, 1 tsp ras el hanout and 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice.

10/4's food:

M1 - 3 eggs scrambled in ghee, 2 pc sausage and slices of baked sweet potato sautéed in ghee

M2 - roasted spaghetti squash w meat sauce and a few slices of Italian sausage, cherries w coconut milk and almonds

M3 - chicken tagine and a side of roasted veggies and a big handful of coconut

Walked on the treadmill for half an hour and did a body pump class

10/5's food

M1 - 3 eggs scrambled in ghee, 2 pc sausage and a cup and a half of roasted veggies

M2 - last of the crack slaw.  Apparently it wasn't enough.  Had wicked craving for potato chips.  Ingredients weren't awful, so I supposed I could have done worse.

M3 - kalua pig, roasted veggies and velvety butternut squash

No exercise today -I worked 12 hours 

I cooked a whole chicken in the crockpot for the first time.  It came out really good, but more like the texture of poached chicken than baked.  Still it is delicious.  Threw the bones back in to the crockpot and added some more celery, onions and carrots.  Should make a tasty broth.

M1 - breakfast mix topped w 3 over easy eggs, small scoop of velvety butternut squash

M2 - leftover chicken tagine

M3 - chicken, roasted veggies, velvety butternut squash

Have an avocado and about 1/4 cup frozen cherries w a couple Tbsp coconut milk and a sprinkle of almonds and coconut.  It will be another long day at work.

Still at work - coming up on 11 hours.  Stress level has been really high today and feel like I have eaten too much.  I ate everything I brought with me AND a small bag of potato chips (good ingredients).  I need to get my head back in the game before I fall off the wagon.  Still not sleeping well at all and I know that is not helping.  I sleep great once I fall asleep, but I am having a heck of a time getting sleepy.  It was well after midnight when I finally fell asleep last night and I was up at 5:45.  That is not enough sleep.  I don't understand why I can't unwind like I used to.  I feel like the freaking energizer bunny - even between 10 pm and midnight.  I only have two cups of coffee a day, and those are well before 8 am.  I keep blaming it on hormones.

Yesterday's food was:

M1 - 3 over easy eggs on top of breakfast mix (chicken apple sausage, turnips, onions, mushrooms, red pepper)

M2 - HUGE salad w baby greens, spinach and kale, carrots, tomato, half an avocado, cucumber and red pepper topped w 2 hard cooked eggs and chicken and dressed w EVOO and balsamic

M3- chicken topped with the leftover Tagine sauce (w butternut squash and cauliflower), a side of roasted veggies and a spoonful of velvety butternut squash.

Today's food is:

M1 - 3 over easy eggs on top of breakfast mix (chicken apple and italian sausage, celery root onions, mushrooms, red pepper)

M2 - HUGE salad w baby greens, spinach and kale, carrots, tomato, half an avocado, cucumber and red pepper topped w 1 hard cooked egg and chicken and dressed w EVOO and balsamic

M3- chicken, a side of roasted veggies, sauted kale and a big spoonful of velvety butternut squash.

Yikes - I got super busy and didn't log my meals.

Today:

M1 - breakfast mix (celery root, onion, red pepper, mushrooms, Italian and chicken apple sausages) topped w 3 over easy eggs

M2 - huge salad w baby spinach, kale and lettuces, red pepper, cucumber, carrots, tomato, avocado topped w a hard cooked eggs and chicken salad

M3 - kalua pig, big couple Tbsps velvety butter nut squash, sautéed kale and onions, cauliflower roasted w moroccan spices

Archived