Talk About a Non-Scale Victory!!

After more than a year of trying, my hubby and I found out we are expecting on Day 15 of my Whole30! I literally got pregnant on the first day or two of my Whole30!

I'm now on day 19 and I'm feeling so good about the healthy choices I've been making since starting my Whole30, and feel that my body could not be more ready for all the work it's doing. I just want to be sure that I'm doing what's best for my little one. Has anyone else had a similar experience, and completed a Whole30 during the first trimester? 

Obviously, the raw eggs and prosciutto are out (good-bye Whole30 mayo, I miss you already), but are there any other changes I should be making to my Whole30? For instance, should I be upping my healthy fats and cutting back on a protein focused plate? Only 11 days to go and I'm determined to finish with and keep this little sprout growing strong!

Thanks everyone!!

Congratulations! What fantastic news!

Should you lower your protein and up your fat? If you feel like you want to. Nourish yourself in a way that feels good. Your body will let you know what to do. I wasn't Whole30 during any of my pregnancies, but I ate ALL the turkey during my first trimester with my daughter.

Let us know how it goes!

Noelle, that's kind of funny...I ate ZERO meat for 3 weeks because just the thought of it made me want to throw up (though I never actually did throw up) and hit this brand new NOPE button I didn't know I had...

I'm still off of some meat but am working it back into my diet and moving out some of the gluten-free grains I had to rely on to get something into my body during the first trimester. Here's hoping the second trimester is kinder to me with regards to veggies and meat.

• 2 weeks later...

Just wanted to throw out there that I personally never even thought about cutting out my homemade mayo while pregnant. I've been through 2 pregnancies now eating it - it's the source of eggs that's important. That and making sure they are not washed. Washing them destroys the safety mucus lining on the outside of the egg and allows bacteria inside the egg. I also ate sushi (I know Japanese women don't stop eating it when they are expecting :) just wanted to put that out there in case you were really craving that homemade mayo!

BevB - I'm the same way. I went to Japan a week and a half after getting my positive pregnancy test and was not about to miss out on good sushi (especially since so much else there was battered/fried and I have Celiac's). As I've moved into the 2nd trimester now I've been needing more fat in my diet and homemade mayo's flavor has definitely hit the spot. I always smell it before eating it since my nose is much more sensitive. If it smells the least bit funny I don't touch it with a ten foot pole (did the same with the egg salad I put it in...when that smelled bad to me I threw it away immediately rather than risk foodborne illness) but it's been what I've needed lately. Too bad I didn't think to put it on my breakfast 2 hours ago and now I'm already hungry...

Archived