Paleo tortillas-No-no, huh? Dang it!

I thought these seemed too good to be true! I found a recipe on stupideasypaleo that was next to another recipe I knew was okay, so then I thought, I'm going to try these tortillas! They were made of eggs, arrowroot or tapioca starch, and coconut flour. Oh my gosh they were so good. I had them yesterday for dinner and today for lunch. When I started wanting them again for dinner just now, I wondered, hmmmm "is this subbing a baked good with "Paleo" stuff and not allowed on Whole 30"? Alas, it is! I just read subbing tortillas isn't on the Whole 30 unless its lettuce. Correct right? Probably better because otherwise I may just keep eating those tortillas at every meal. It seems like a "food with no brakes" for me. Why do I keep looking for something sort of "bad" to satisfy??!!

A Whole 30 removes all value judgments from food.   No good or bad...no bad girl, naughty boy.  So you weren't being bad.  You were doing what many have done before you...trying to create a SWYPO.   Your creativity and imagination were thinking of ways to replace all of your fave foods with a new swapped out version.   

You made a great decision to stop.  SWYPO's do make people crazy pants and keep them thinking for maybe 30 days about what they used to eat....or missing out on.  It is a reminder,  a throwback to old familiar foods and habits.

Why do you keep looking?  It's human nature to try and satisfy an old craving with a new swapped out version.  They are SWIPE-O's.    SWYPO.   You caught yourself.   Good one.

Thank you for your replies! The term "SWYPO" cracks me up! Very fitting.(; thank you for your encouragement. Ok!!! I shall March on. Finishing up day 7 now. This forum is really helpful and it keeps my rear in gear. I do want to get out of good food=good girl vs bad food=bad girl thinking. That would be glorious.

On Facebook yesterday, Whole30 Recipes posted a recipe for a tostada that was smashed plantains pan fried in the proper shape, so.... I'd say it was ok.

Making whole veggies into a shape (donut, tortilla, fry, whatever), is fine. making a tortilla out of grain-free flour is not fine. not on the whole30 anyway. Stick with veggies, protein and good fats.

Archived